Home General Discussion

If your gonna throw away a career in politics...

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
JO420 polycounter lvl 18
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4797400.stm

..lol at least make sure you arent taken down by some minimum wage worker at a Target store lol.

Replies

• KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    A politician who's a crook? No way. Who's ever heard of such a thing? laugh.gif
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    "I am the male Winona Ryder!"
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    A politician who's a crook? No way. Who's ever heard of such a thing? laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well duh,but come on,of all the places to steal from a Target?? only way it can get more shameful would be if he was caught at a walmart
  • Toomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toomas polycounter lvl 18
    Maybe he wants to become a rap star?
    Then he has to steal because otherwise hes not gangsta enuff.
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    Wow, how terribly stupid. He should have atleast attempted to fake a receipt.
  • Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Weiser_Cain polycounter lvl 18
    Wow, that's a pretty stupid observation there Toomas, I don't know how it works in Estonia but here, there isn't much 'street cred' in shoplifting. Actually I think you get negative 'cred' since gangsters don't steal they rob. Or did you just say that because he's black and that seem the obvious reason?
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Wow, that's a pretty stupid observation there Toomas, I don't know how it works in Estonia but here, there isn't much 'street cred' in shoplifting. Actually I think you get negative 'cred' since gangsters don't steal they rob. Or did you just say that because he's black and that seem the obvious reason?

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to be a little less predictable. Get over yourself.

[ QUOTE ]
    The scam allegedly involved Mr Allen claiming refunds for merchandise that he did not buy.

[/ QUOTE ]

This happens all the time. No surprise it's someone from the Bush administration. You expect worse.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I thought supporting this would be the best way to kill your career.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    I blame the Target dog:

targedog.jpg

He found an uncontrollable urge to visit target because of the cute puppy.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye.
  • jec1183
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jec1183 polycounter lvl 18
    Now see a true kid trying to screw over a politician would have black mailed him.
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Or some merchandise. grin.gif
  • Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to be a little less predictable. Get over yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]
    You know I'm going to say in the case were you say something silly and racist and I get 'internet upset' being fresh and new isn’t a priority. I'm going to keep hammering it in that this sort of thing is really uncool.
    As for 'getting over myself', what the fuck does that even mean? Really, explain it to me because to me it just sounds asinine.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You're predictable because you always call people racist. Maybe you shjould call the RIAA racist then, their hiring policy seems to prefer blacks for rap star positions.
  • Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That, argument makes no sense.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rappers are totally racist. You don't hear whitey bitching about it, cuz that would just be wrong, yo. Wait, I thought Bush hated black people. His political advisor was black?
  • Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I don't know anyone named whitey, though I do know a few guys that run around calling themselves Aryan (among other things), true they don’t complain about rap lyrics in particular (well as far as I know, they usually won’t say more than one or two words to me (usually screamed near incoherently from a moving vehicle)) they do seem to have a problem with people like me breathing and such. Tell you what, you do something about that and first I’ll see what I can do about ‘rappers’ though I don’t see what they have to do with anything in this topic …
    Bush doesn't care about black people. To be fair North Carolina, he doesn't really seem that concerned with anyone or anything but himself, his taxes and appearances, if that. He just has this aura of bullshit and incompetence around him, wandering from job to job leaving everything he touches half done and what he does happen accomplish is to screw up everything he puts his stink on. I'm just glad he lacks focus or he'd really be dangerous.
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    First off, you do seem to assume that almost everyone is racist. Seriously. At school, I get called whitey, cracker, etc. I don't do anything to them, nor do I have any prejiduce towards them except for the fact that they insult me. If I, for one second, returned any form of prejiduce, they would beat me the fuck up. Not that I would, because it's wrong to. They can verbally abuse people to no end, almost, because of the "Injustices of our forefathers".
    Yes, slavery is wrong, yes our people in the past were bigots. And obviously racism is bad, because it is so completely useless. I can not begin to explain my loathing for racism, etc. And about Bush. I might not like the guy, but fucking seriously. I'm tired of hearing everyone bitch and moan about how much he sucks. Here, let me quote my friend on this one. "First off let me state that I am a Democrat. Guess what though? I respect ole Bush. Why? HE'S THE PRESIDENT! I fhe can get re-elected then he deserves our respect. You think he sends our soldiers to their deaths? They signed up. Tough cookies to those who joined just hoping for a free ride to college courses. You think that's unfair? Well, that's like saying a guy who lost everything he owns in Vegas is unfair. They gambled with their lives and lost. I do happen to repect and support them, they deserve it. BUT WHAT ABOUT OUT SOURCING!? Well, I'm pretty sure that started during '97. Gee, which administration was in control then? If you people are so angered by mister Bush, you should go get some anger management. Now, all of you East coast liberals with a sense of duty can go shove your heads back in your holes. No, I am not a traitor. I am just a sensible human being. I don't give a rat's ass if you like him, but you best respect him."
    That about sums it up.
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    I'm just glad that he resigned from his position. I would hate to think we have any crooks working for the present administration.
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    Just because a person is elected President, it does not make them above criticism or automatically deserving of respect. The President will have my respect when he earns it, just like anyone else. Let me quote my friend on this one. "To announce that there must be no criticism of the President is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonous to the American public." -- Teddy Roosevelt
  • Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nah, I don’t think everyone’s racist, race just never comes up in a positive way so it seems I’m always fuming about it. If you look at my over all posts the vast majority have absolutely nothing to do with racial issues.
    If bigotry were in the past I probably wouldn’t have as big a problem as I do but I do because it’s not. But I have hope, that’s why I continue to talk instead of say stockpile weapons.

Now separately from race, way over here I really hate bush, it’s a policy issue. He’s the president? So what, respect is earned and just because he holds office doesn’t mean he’s earned mine, I hate most of the president we’ve had anyway.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Nah, I don’t think everyone’s racist, race just never comes up in a positive way so it seems I’m always fuming about it.

[/ QUOTE ]
    That's just it though... no one said anything about race until you popped in. You did the same shit to me also. Whenever someone makes a comment, and a black man is in the image, you irresponsibly start throwing the race card.
    That's one thing I can't STAND in this society, people claiming racism where none exists. Is there racism still in this country/world? Sure, but don't assume because someone makes a joke, and a minority is in the image, that the person's statement was racist.
    I can't say or act like I know what it's like to be part of a minority group, but damn, stop looking for reasons to suggest someones racist and save it for times when it really is racism.
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    Nothing Racist about this article. Toomas was just being a bone-head.
    Assholes come in all colors, shapes & sizes.

Who knows what this guy was thinking.

I had a whole novel here typed up re: racism in the US, but Ya know what? I decided its not worth the grief to even bother.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Woah, crazy change in subject.

The politician was stupid to do such a thing, I would think he'd be paid decently enough working where he was to not shoplift, unless he has a disorder. I'm pretty sure Toomas was making a (bad)joke, I don't see how that could possibly be a serious statement.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    We had a reporter at our news station get busted a few times for stealing stupid stuff, I guess it's more of a compulsive thing, the thrill of getting away with stealing.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    My gf works with a lot of Africans. They say black people are annoying, always thinking the man is keeping them down. Africans are cool.

Btw, anyone still shop at Walmart? I actually prefer Target. Haven't willingly walked inside a Walmart in several months.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I usually do my grocery shopping at wal-mart since our local one is open 24/7
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    An idiots an idiot, whether he be black, white, red, whatever.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I can't stand Target. They never seem to have anything on sale... at least nothing with a good deal. I love the deals at Walmart, I hate the customer help there though. But in this area, Walmart isn't taking down all the small businesses like they did in other areas, so I don't have as bad of an image of them.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Target has better clothes than wal-mart, that's why I pronounce it like it's french: Tarje'