Home General Discussion

Anyone remember this cartoon?

Withers
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Withers polycounter lvl 18
It dawned on me today that this may well be the place to get my answer. I have been asking anyone with animation/cartoon interest for years, and I seem to be the only one who remembers it.

This would have been aired somewhere in the late 70s/early 80s when I saw it, but I have no idea of its actual date, it may well be even older.

It was an animated short starring an evil weed that was harassing the other flowers in the garden. I vividly remember him strangling one of them and cackling with this evil voice.
I do not remember much else except that at one point he is backed into a corner by a lawnmower.

Does anyone know what I am talking about? My gut leads me to believe it was a merry melody, or maybe a Disney short, but it could have been a commercial, or even an after school special for all I know.

I only have fleeting images of it, and I have been dying to see it again for years. Searches on the net have turned up nothing, but that is probably just because I do not know exactly what to look for, and you can imagine what comes up when searching for “weed cartoon”.

Anyone?

Replies