Home General Discussion

great ideas for free

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
hawken polycounter lvl 19
Wacom:

They could incorporate a bluetooth docking bay for a bluetooth mouse with the tablet, instead of that crappy mouse that only works on the wacom surface. The mouse is charged when docked and the tablet has the blutooth radio inside.

Replies

• motives
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    motives polycounter lvl 18
    The girl at the grocery store where i use to shop:

Go out with me!
  • steady
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    steady polycounter lvl 18
    A button in the bathroom on the toilet that you press that lowers the lid, or raises the lid if you need to pee or dump. Yes, us men are that lazy.
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    A button in the bathroom on the toilet that you press that lowers the lid, or raises the lid if you need to pee or dump. Yes, us men are that lazy.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, not as lazy as women who have cleverly tricked us into putting it and back down.i mean really, do you sit on the toilet without looking at the seat, or do you blindly jump ass first at the shitter.

my idea, butt crack deodorant/anti-perspirant. keep your crack and taint smelling freash and dry!
  • Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Weiser_Cain polycounter lvl 18
    I think that's called a bath
  • Frankie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Frankie polycounter lvl 19
    Instead of just putting the seat down put the cover down too! That way they still have to do something but cant complain that you leave the seat up.
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    wacom: put a bit more effort into your mouse shape. a box does not for comfort make
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    How about different shaped brush tips. It could also rotate the brush on the screen based on the roation of the pen. Instead of always having a long flat block lay horiz on the screen it would rotate if you rolled the pen.

The tips could be stored along the top of the top of the tablet and they would clip or unclip as you pressed the pen into them. They could make a killing selling new brush tips.
  • sledgy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sledgy polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    How about different shaped brush tips. It could also rotate the brush on the screen based on the roation of the pen. Instead of always having a long flat block lay horiz on the screen it would rotate if you rolled the pen.

The tips could be stored along the top of the top of the tablet and they would clip or unclip as you pressed the pen into them. They could make a killing selling new brush tips.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a great idea.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    A light jacket thats heats itself in the winter, and cools itself in the summer.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Filters directly incorporated into a Photoshop brush.
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    A small, portable hard drive with it's own battery that you can listen to music on. I would pay a lot of money for one of those.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    It could also rotate the brush on the screen based on the roation of the pen. Instead of always having a long flat block lay horiz on the screen it would rotate if you rolled the pen.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can already do that, actually. Intuos tablets have a "rotation" setting in addition to pressure, so you can twist the pen and the brush will change angle.

How about a mains supply of your favourite beverage? That way your kitchen could have Hot, Cold and Beer taps (faucets, America!).
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    Better not. Currently I'd get ice beer if I were to tap that.
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    wacom does have several different brush shapes and sizes and even an airbrush type thing...

I still jsut want a 3d program that can have multiple people modeling on one model all at once.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    aesir, I can see it now... "Hey, get off my vertex! I was moving this poly first! Scale that back to the way I had it before!"
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    It's called the Verse project, there are plugins for MAX and Maya and a special version of Blender so far. I could only find a download for the Blender version so I'm not sure whether the MAX and Maya plugins really exist already.
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    yea, I know people have been working on it, but it hasnt really gotten to a really useable stage yet...

and MoP, I was assuming that people would be working TOGETHER smile.gif
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    All the fuckers in my school:
    Quit looking down your nose and give up on the "your mom" insults/jokes, and quit thinking that watching napolean dynamite makes you cool beans.
  • The3DGuy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The3DGuy polycounter lvl 18
    your mom jokes rule though ;_;
  • Illusions
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Illusions polycounter lvl 18
    Wacom: Have the tablet sense its orientation and rotate the layer/image accordingly in programs such as Sketchbook and Photoshop. I usually rotate my sketchbook when drawing, but doing so with the tablet, and not having the drawing on screen rotate at all is confusing as hell. Either that or incorporate a 360 degree scrollwheel like on the iPod to accomplish this.

Zbrush: Make the brushes work like Photoshops toolset, but with layers, and make the 3D navigation work like Maya 7.0. Include the ability to quickly switch between viewing full shaded and silhouette like in Maya as well (6, and 7 hotkeys).
  • Moz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Moz polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, not as lazy as women who have cleverly tricked us into putting it and back down.i mean really, do you sit on the toilet without looking at the seat, or do you blindly jump ass first at the shitter.

my idea, butt crack deodorant/anti-perspirant. keep your crack and taint smelling freash and dry!

[/ QUOTE ]

Even better, IR sensor that you wave your hand on the side of the bowl and lowers or raises the lid based on which way to wave. and you wave your hand over the top of the tank to flush. IR controlled toilet rolls as well.

I could be RICH.
  • Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    How about a beginners programming book that's targeted at making games with quick turn-around to keep the reader interested and a greater sense that they're working towards their goals?
  • nealb4me
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nealb4me polycounter lvl 18
    Hey I saw a "widescreen" wacom recently released. Wtf? Is there some reason why you can't just use a letterbox area of your existing tablet? Why does there have to be a special one. How bout they release a narrow vertical one for browsing the web and nice long horizontal one for horizontal scrolling. Of course you couldn't use the vertical one to go horizontal. That would just be incompatible.

Also it would actually be really useful if you could map the tablet buttons to any key you desire. I see no reason why they have to be limited to alt, shift, space etc.

That's my rant/ideas smile.gif
  • BRUTICUS(CW)
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BRUTICUS(CW) polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    My old man actually invented, patented and sold that.... didn't take off to well though. It was mostly for disabled people haha, sorry bud
  • Asthane
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asthane polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Wacom: Have the tablet sense its orientation and rotate the layer/image accordingly in programs such as Sketchbook and Photoshop. I usually rotate my sketchbook when drawing, but doing so with the tablet, and not having the drawing on screen rotate at all is confusing as hell. Either that or incorporate a 360 degree scrollwheel like on the iPod to accomplish this.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a program feature more than tablet. You sir, should be trying out openCanvas or Artrage, I suggest oC myself for its tools/response, but whatever works for you.

My suggestion? Someone, anyone, be my codemonkey wink.gif
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    a length of elastic with two clips on each end that you can affix to the interior of your car boot/trunk, so you can shove oil bottles and whatever behind it and stop them bloody rolling around all the time. It's so *simple
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    A lot of cars these days have that sort of thing built in, Dan... either a couple of lengths of elastic on clips, or sometimes a fully detachable net you can cordon stuff off with.
  • danr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    expensive way of me getting hold of one ...
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    They sell bungie cords wink.gif
  • Illusions
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Illusions polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Also it would actually be really useful if you could map the tablet buttons to any key you desire. I see no reason why they have to be limited to alt, shift, space etc.

That's my rant/ideas smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well with the Intuos 3 you can map any of the keys, to anything you want, even entire strings of commands, or keystrokes. The others...I don't know.
  • Dio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dio polycounter lvl 18
    A PDA with projection display for any flat surface as well as a camera for user interaction.
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    a reusable grenade.
  • Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Delaney King
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Delaney King polycounter lvl 18
    A great idea. Build toilets in pubs that you dont have to stand on the seat to open the door? WTF?
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    A PDA with projection display for any flat surface as well as a camera for user interaction.

[/ QUOTE ]

They actually have this on the way. Well, for a camera that is. It was at CES this year. A small projector on the phone to share your images with others.