Home General Discussion

Cars full trailer

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
i know i post every cars trailer that comes out, i just really want it to be good, and there is lots of speculation. i dont think it will be another incredibles, but after watching this trailer i think it will be lots of fun.

http://www.movie-list.com/c/cars.html

Replies

• Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think Dreamworks is really pushing hard to replace Pixar as the CG film king. Steve Jobs needs to stop futzin around with his emo mac buddies and get his studio to crank out some quality. Sadly it looks like this won't be it. As much as I want to see this do well I think people will only go see it based on studio credit. It could be fun but I think its a step down from thier previous movies.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Steve Jobs needs to stop futzin around with his emo mac buddies and get his studio to crank out some quality.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a weird thing to say about Pixar.
  • Super
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Super polycounter lvl 18
    Well, I didn't think this looked all that interesting before, but after seeing this proper trailer it's certainly shot up in my book. Gives a decent glimpse of the story, this one.

Doesn't look too bad at all. Although the trucks voice is annoying as hell.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    This is going to be hilarious. laugh.gifthumbup.gif

git r done!
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Pixar always turn things good in the end. This looks to be no exception.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    As a NASCAR fan, I've really been looking forward to this movie. Some of the drivers are supposed to provide voices in this (including Richard Petty).
  • thomasp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    [ QUOTE ]
    I think Dreamworks is really pushing hard to replace Pixar as the CG film king

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a weird thing to say about Dreamworks. wink.gif

i mean, you saw the crap they called shrek, shark or madagascar right? their only decent animated movie was antz, way back in 97-or-so.
  • FatAssasin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FatAssasin polycounter lvl 18
    I wasn't too hot on Nemo at first either, but they managed to make me care about a bunch of fish in the end. I'm guessing they'll be able to do the same for a bunch of cars.
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    Wow! ok, now I actually want to see this film.... and no, not just cause it's all cars tongue.gif
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    it looked good from the early trailers, its pixar so its going to be awesome!
  • TelekineticFrog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TelekineticFrog polycounter lvl 18
    Well I can vouch for the film seeing as I've seen it now 5 times since it first began production, the last time being a near finished edit. It is a good film and is enjoyable. I've been working with this film since over a year ago. It won't be a stinker so the speculation can end now. wink.gif
  • Kevin Johnstone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kevin Johnstone polycounter lvl 19
    This one has never really grabbed me, I can't say I have high hopes for it. Sure, its the buddy motif, that's their strength, but I just find the subject of cars to be boring.

I suppose the subject matter has never really restrained them in the past but my gut tells me this ones a stinker.

Hope I'm wrong.

r.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Steve Jobs needs to stop futzin around with his emo mac buddies and get his studio to crank out some quality.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a weird thing to say about Pixar.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the time it took pixar to put out this one movie, Dreamworks animation crapped out 4 movies. Dreamworks is looking to drown pixar in a sea of mediocrity. They need to compete and that means working on more than 1 film every 2-5 years. They need to produce Pixar quality with Dreamworks speed to still be king. Otherwise the wholesaler mentality wins. Dreamworks is working hard to make CG movies everyday stuff. Which makes pixars job that much harder when people don't marvel at your tech any more.

I also find it slightly odd that the Chevron cars come to life at about the same time time this movie got its start. The wallace and gromit guys are now teamed up with dreamworks. I hope pixar wasn't hoping to KO dreamworks with thier own material, kind of low blow if you think about and not really the way pixar has played in the past. I hope I'm wrong, I hope this one turns out well. So far, it looks to measure lightly lower than thier other films that set the bar so high.

Also I stopped carring about cars when Knight Rider was taken off the air. I think I was 4...
  • dur23
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dur23 polycounter lvl 19
    A Bug's Life (1998)
    Toy Story 2 (1999)
    Monsters, Inc. (2001)
    Finding Nemo (2003)
    The Incredibles (2004)
    Cars (2006)
    Ratatouille (2007)

2-5 years?

Competition?

1.Shrek 2 DreamWorks $436,471,036 5/19/04
    2.Finding Nemo Pixar $339,714,978 5/30/03
    3.The Lion King Disney $328,539,505 6/15/94
    4.Shrek DreamWorks $267,665,011 5/16/01
    5.Monsters, Inc. Pixar $255,870,172 11/2/01
    6.The Incredibles Pixar $251,657,0042 11/5/04
    7.Toy Story 2 Pixar $245,852,179 11/19/99
    8.Aladdin Disney $217,350,219 11/11/92
    9.Toy Story Pixar $191,780,865 11/22/95
    10.Ice Age Fox $176,387,405 3/15/02

sharktails? where?

Now i know this doesn't rebut anything you've said, but i seriously doubt that pixar is all to worried about sharktails and other such turds rushed to market.

ps. i have a boner for pixar.
  • lkraan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lkraan polycounter lvl 18
    I can't wait for it to come out so that I can take my kids to go see it. I'm sure that I'll enjoy it but I know that it will blow my sons minds. Cars that talk & animated & the big screen = WIN smile.gif
  • rawkstar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rawkstar polycounter lvl 19
    that looked pretty cool, but yeah i don't think its going to be as good as the increadibles, but i'm sure it'll be good nontheless.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    I second that.

cars I like

cars with fucking eyes is dumb. as proven with that SNES title wildtrax.
  • SkullboX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SkullboX polycounter lvl 18
    I'm going to see this in cinema's. The concept of talking cars doesn't particularly appeal to me either, but that was the same with talking fish. If there's one studio who can pull this off it's pixar. I doubt I'll like it as much as the previous titles, but judging from the trailer, visually it's an amazing step up.
  • Hollowmind
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hollowmind polycounter lvl 18
    I'll be taking my kids to see it in the theaters. I think it'll be decent enough but nothing could top Incredibles, except for maybe Incredibles 2. tongue.gif I generally enjoy Pixar movies. Incredibles and Finding Nemo are my 2 favs.

What about the studio that made Ice Age? Man I love that movie. Have they done anything at all recently?
  • dur23
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ice Age II is on it's way also smile.gif

oh, I forgot they did Robots. That was a good flick IMO. Not as good as many Pixar movies, but it was still funny.
  • Hollowmind
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hollowmind polycounter lvl 18
    Ah cool, thanks. I haven't seen Robots yet. I read it was hit and miss.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    I thought Robots was a good film. SharkTales was ok. Ice Age was good. But I think what sets Pixar films apart is the memorable stories they continue to create.
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    Eh whats all this, Robots sucked ass bigtime.. are you confusing 'looked very pretty' with 'good film'? Robin williams was about the only semi- redeeming feature and he was waaay off par. The plot was vapid and poorly structured, and when I say plot I mean Formula. The film lacked any kind of balls whatsoever basically.

Yeahp I didn't enjoy it tongue.gif. Because there weren't enough balls.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lol, I don't look for cartoons to be ballsy wink.gif Especially when I take my kids :P

I DID see Robots on the IMAX, which may have influenced my opinion, but I liked it. My kids did also, which is what really matters to me. It still doesn't compare to other movies, and I can tell it didn't match up for my kids either, but it was enjoyable. I liked all the tricks on the robots theme.
    And actually, I walked in already disappointed. When I bought the tickets, I thought it was going to be a 3D movie, since most movies at our IMAX are that way. When I found out it was just going to be the movie, super-sized, I was a little irritated :/
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    In my book Pixar is the top spot for CG features. This is really the only movie I am looking forward to at the moment.
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    heh what I meant was the balls to try something interesting with the plot instead of paint-by-numbers stick-a-musical-singalong-at-the-end thing. For me it was a big checklist of american 3d film cliches. Ice age was much more interesting
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    I liked the art in robots, it's about the only reason I watch these things.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Pixar rocks the house down *pixar fanboy*!

But seriously, it's going to be great, like all their other works.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    heh what I meant was the balls to try something interesting with the plot instead of paint-by-numbers stick-a-musical-singalong-at-the-end thing. For me it was a big checklist of american 3d film cliches. Ice age was much more interesting

[/ QUOTE ]
    lol, don't worry, I knew what you meant wink.gif
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    shrek 1&2 were good, Ice Age was great. Robots art direction & animation was awesome. Shark Tale would of been better without Will smith!
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Shark Tale would of been better without Will smith!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahaha, ist that true about every movie that has will smith in it? i think a documentary about will smiths life would be better if it didnt have will smith in it.
  • Isis' Minion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Isis' Minion polycounter lvl 18
    It looks interesting, but the eyes and mouths on the cars look really out of place. Everything looks somewhat realistic and then they slapped on some extremely cartoony eyes and mouths...