Home General Discussion

lost series 2 (from ep13)

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
hawken polycounter lvl 19
holy moly, I wasn't expecting that.

that episode had me on the edge of my seat! Good to see Lost back on top form again, now it's really going somewhere.

Replies

• Hollowmind
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hollowmind polycounter lvl 18
    I wish this season would end already and come out on DVD so I can start watching the show again. frown.gif I didn't pick up the season 1 DVD until season 2 was well under way. I'd love to watch season 2 but I don't want to start watching it in the middle of the season.

So anyway, whaaaaaa!! To sum it all up, hehe.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    well you only have to wait for 10 more episodes. good luck
  • Gmanx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gmanx polycounter lvl 19
    I'm the same. My wife picked up season 1 for us for xmas. She spotted JJ Abram's name on there and since we're both Alias fans she thought 'what the heck'. I can't watch any season 2 (even trailers and such) since they immediately let you know who's still there. So we wait for the DVD's (or for season 2 to re-run from the start).....but it is fantastic stuff. Catch Alias if you like that sort of thing.
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    i watched sinistergfx's season 1 box set,, and thought it was pretty good,, then him being the nice guy he is, he made me a dvd of all of season 2 up to date and now i'm fully caught up,, thought the last episode was pretty poop tho, and full of bad ideas and bad executions
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    I'm addicted to Season 2, but I haven't seen any of Season 1 except for the finale, which is when I started watching. The relationship between the characters, and their history is so complex. I play close attention each episode. No interruptions. Sawyer has to be my favorite character, and I was pleasantly surprised how his role shifted last week. I'll watch Season 1 soon.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    This week's episode should kick ass. We get to see what happens when the timer runs out!! laugh.gif
  • Hollowmind
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hollowmind polycounter lvl 18
    omg Vassago I hate you! Timer?!?! Augh I must get the season 2 episodes and get caught up on what's going on.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm starting to miss the button already. frown.gif
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    I hate that they don't play new episodes weekly, the 6 week hiatus over christmas just sucked. I wish the major networks would work as hard as stations like FX do with the shield, or nip/tuck or rescue me... where it's nothing but new shows for 4 or 5 months straight and then something new comes on, it's much easier then trying to figure out week after week when a new episode was coming out..

Arthhhhhghhhg.
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    you are all caught on the hook like fish, they will reel you in with the promise of more, so they can sell you dvd's at the store.
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    i know, the timer runs out, the doors will close! and that bad black CG smoke will kill them all......and then finally we'll find out that charlie and Hurley are gay!
  • Kevin Johnstone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kevin Johnstone polycounter lvl 19
    SPOILERS -

I've wondered often if the scientists are in the hatch area behind that big blocked off wall watching their experiment.

Then of course, there's the real possibility that the button maintains a magnetic equilibrium between the pole they have and the one the others have where Walt is was talking through the computer to his dad from.

Of course, his dad could have just gone bonkers and imagined the text, noone else saw it afterall.

Or the island may be the bermuda triangle dumping ground as there's been numerous hints toward time irregularity such as -

The Black Rock, the old army knifes not made anymore, the extreme aging of the drug runers corpse, the age different in the scots runer who bumped into the doctor in the stadium, the 40's music coming through on the radio, the french chick who's been there 16 years, the technology the others have, the presentation of the scientists video explanation of the island and so on.

When you through in the Sentinel that guards the island and its extremely futuristic technology, it could be plausible that it's a device from aliens put there to monitor the people they've stole from crashes and put on the island as a means to study them in an isolated and contained area.

The clues to the island being a self contained geographical oddity ( huh hyuk, 2 weeks from everywhere!) as first hinted at through the green lantern comic book Walt reads with the geodome, then when they try to escape on the raft, the current is going the wrong direction from which it should.

Then there's the whole beginning an episode with a pan out from a character's eye motif which continues to suggest mental or subconscious manipulation at least or as others have theorized, theres a collective subconscious will in the island that is perhaps godfathered by the Sentinel.

The Sentinel seems to read character when it comes close to them, images of their past flash throughout its cloudlike substance. On the other hand, perhaps it is programming them rather than reading them, certainly fear or escape seem to be the main triggers for its appearance.

Either way, it'll be a helluva ride finding out, as long as it doesn't confuse the 'simple folk' enough to cause it cancelled before my theories get disproved when the marines come in to rescue them after they work out where they crashed or something else annoying patriotic and cliched!

Judging by Alias, Abrams likes his back stories to be big and his explanations to be mythic and gargantuan so I'm just happy to watch on all optimistic and wide eyed smile.gif

r.
  • [MILES]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [MILES] polycounter lvl 17
    Lost owns my Wednesday evenings.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    r. I was too scared to read what you wrote, are the spoilers for past ep13?

I have no theories for lost, all I know is that it's the most digestable sci-fi out there. and carrys a lot of common pschological refferences that are delivered in laymans terms - good news for us that have read a lot but now have run out!
  • Gmanx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gmanx polycounter lvl 19
    It's kind of meta-drama. They're playing with visual/narrative triggers, and they know we know they're doing it.
  • Kevin Johnstone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kevin Johnstone polycounter lvl 19
    I wasn't refering to ep13, I was talking about the series as a whole so far and what I suspect may be part of what is going on

r.
  • tone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tone polycounter lvl 18
    Hey, was that the missus from Married with Children sleeping with Locke..? she looked a little different with her hair down, but that voice rings alarm bells.

what's frustrating is that there hasn't been any indication as to what brought the darn plane down.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    tone: Turbulence. Evil, secret government turbulence.
  • [MILES]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    For those who have not yet seen it, the theory I'm linking really does make for an interesting answer to what is happening on Lost. It may or may not be on course with what the writer's have actually planned, but it is still a great read.

http://www.4815162342.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7712
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    wow, nice read. SOme good theories in there. Some of them I already believed were part of the storyline (from my own conclusions, or other readings). Some of it is still too far fetched. I don't think that the shows writers even know which way they plan on going with it yet. I think they are throwing all kinds of red herons in there just to get the audience to speculate. It's fun though smile.gif
  • [MILES]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah I have the same opinion about that. I really hope the writers aren't leading to some lame kind of ending where the people wake up from a dream and find themselves hooked up to some kind of VR equipment. That kind of conclusion would ruin it for me.

Regardless, I'm totally hooked on the series. I personally think it is the best thing since <font color="green">X-Files</font>.

As for Lost's sister-series, Invasion, I'm only just now starting to get into it. I've been giving it a chance, but it is far from gripping.
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Hey, was that the missus from Married with Children sleeping with Locke..? she looked a little different with her hair down, but that voice rings alarm bells.

[/ QUOTE ]

it is. personally, i find it hard hearing that voice from someone with two eyes
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm excited about tonight, but something concerns me now. They showed the clock running out in the preview, but after visiting http://www.thetailsection.com/, I see that there is a difference between the regular clock, and the one in the preview. (Scan down the front page)
    Looks like we may have been fooled again into thinking something will be revealed.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well, we got to see the countdown to zero, so it didn't disappoint there smile.gif Still didn't get to see what happens though, just some hieroglyphics. Now to review on sites, what they meant smile.gif

I've already heard on the radio that the name that guy used was from the wizard of oz (ties into the hotair balloon). It suggests that he actually is one of the others (he's lying).

Oh, and did anyone else notice that was a picture of Kate that the one soldier was holding (Her dad)
  • [MILES]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah. I noticed the picture. Seems they are all linked in some way. I did not catch the reference to the Wizard of Oz until you mentioned it.

Here's another thing I noticed...and I don't know if it was significant or not. The prisoner was beat badly...even Sayid said so. Yet he looked healthier after the beating than he did when he had the arrow sticking out of him. And what exactly was the prisoner staring at when the show ended? At first I thought it may have been at Jack, Sayid, or Locke. But for a guy who just got beat, he was very quiet and his gaze almost looked to be directed at the clock. Then again I'm only speculating. I'd like to see that episode again.

In other news: I thought for sure Sawyer was going to get himself poisoned by that exotic tree frog. Guess not.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lol, I was thinking the same about the frog.

Other observations I made, several tools were missing, but only Sayid only used the pliers.... then he dropped them in the room. When Jack pulled him out, the tools were left in there.

I did notice though, Henry didn't look very abused for just taking a beating. I found it odd also... could be just an oversight by the show though... we'll see

Unfortunately though, we won't see for a while. They are continuing their crap of showing one new show, then a re-run. So next week, I guess they are showing the first episode again. Then two weeks from now a new one is going to air (the preview from this week). Then they are running re-runs for two weeks following that.

I highly recommend NO ONE watch the re-runs. Let their ratings DROP for those days. It's irritating.
  • BoBo_the_seal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BoBo_the_seal polycounter lvl 18
    (A prediction but mostly just me hoping)
    I think the character (played by Clancy Brown) that got Sayid to do the torture of his captain will end up playing a bigger role in the series. Clancy Brown just seams too good a character actor to play that small simple role in one episode. Just based on the way he was able to manipulate Sayid into doing what he did, makes me think he might be the “puppet master” behind whatever is going on. Again this is probably me just reading more into it than I should have but Clancy plays such a great creepy/evil guy.

- BoBo
  • [MILES]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think your hunch will prove true, Bobo. They introduced Clancy with little transition, and randomly dropped him into the picture each time thereafter. Yet within those few scenes which he took part, Clancy appeared to be given a bit more attention than the average castaway.

While I may be disapointed, I still cannot help but think that Sawyer will save the day in the end...most likely by giving his own life for everyone else.
  • BoBo_the_seal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BoBo_the_seal polycounter lvl 18
    heh Ghost_Rider and I were talking about who will be the "savior" in the end. Our hunch is on Charley. They have broken his character too far down for there not to be some sort of twist with it. He’s now this exile within the camp guy that no one trusts. He's set up to come out of nowhere and shock everyone by saving the day.

- BoBo
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Still didn't get to see what happens though, just some hieroglyphics.

[/ QUOTE ]

And a lot of noise, like a rocket beginning to launch. It is a countdown. And the blast doors. At this point, I'd continue pressing that button.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, I was thinking the same about Clancy Brown. He's too big of an actor to have such a short part. I think he's going to be the leader of the others that we haven't seen yet... I dont' think Zeke is leading them (He may be second in command).

BTW, if you want to waste a lot of time figuring out clues, check out http://www.oceanic-air.com/. I know it's sort of old, because I saw this back in the first season, but I didn't realize there was so much hidden on that site. If you look at the source code and play around with the seating chart, you'll find some cool stuff. For instance, bring up the seating chart, then click a box in rows 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42. All kinds of crazy shit happens smile.gif

Holy crap, I just saw something on there that I hadn't seen before (in commercials). A video that says they are NOT the survivors... then it continues to say they are NOT the survivors they thought they were. Very odd. (To find it, click the row numbers themselves in the above order)
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    how can ep14 be better than 13? this show is back on the up! I just hate to wait...

those glyphs on the clock, showed missiles
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    actually, that was an arrow. There are a few sites that explain the symbols now. One person who apparently knows egyptian, translated them:

lost.jpg

hieroglyphs.jpg

It's supposed to mean, cause to die
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    some interesting things: that guy that got shot from series one is called Ethan Rom, which is an anagram of "other man". Although it's kinda far flung, it's actually intentional and is used as a password on the Lost website to access the series two trailer.

The guy from ep 14 here is called Henry Gail, which is an anagram of "hear lying". Considering the previous anagram, it's not a huge leap of faith to think that means something.

• [MILES]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    My big question about Ethan was this...

How come when he was kicking the crap out of Jack...did he bend over Jack like he either a) had a steel rod in his back or b) he was some kind of alien super human thing. He was just so mechanical in his movement. Very bizare. Watch that scene and you'll see what I mean.