Home General Discussion

Hardware recommendationgs plz. Monitors & cases.

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
ebagg polycounter lvl 17
I've been contemplating getting a new case and a widescreen flat panel monitor for my setup. What do you all have and what would you recommend for someone wanting something nice but not overly priced. (hoping to stick around $600 for both, been seeing some great refurbished deals).

Replies

• Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    I have the Antec Sonata Case. Fairly quiet, most of the noise comes from the CPU cooler. If I had the cash, I look into a Lian-Li Case (my other choices would be from Antec again and maybe thermaltake for the BTX compatible mobo's if the ATX factor ever dies)

I'm clueless on Widescreens. You could always go for the New 30" Dell widescreen model they just came out lol... (I'll just stick to my 1 17" LCD and 2 19" CRT's)
  • Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Weiser_Cain polycounter lvl 18
    I think I'm in love with the Praetorian 730 though I haven't seen it in person. It just looks cool to and I read a review that talked about its solid construction, something about being able to hang from the door...
    Praetorian730B_BOW_01.jpg
  • SyaPed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SyaPed polycounter lvl 18
    You can get the Dell 2005FPW 21" widescreen LCD for $400 on their website, free shipping. I just got one and I love it.