Home General Discussion

Time Shift Demo Today

Downsizer
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Downsizer polycounter lvl 18
http://www.gamespot.com/promos/2006/timeshift/index.html

Made by the team that brought us Will Rock... Not being negative, and I wont say it, but you are all thinking the same thing.

I wanna say it looks like the unreal engine 2, and they may have added normal mapping support, hard to tell, it may just be textures and specmaps.

Replies

• nealb4me
    Offline / Send Message
    nealb4me polycounter lvl 18
    From the screens it looks like somewhat of a better game than Will Rock. Looks chockful of Directx 9 goodness/excessiveness. Will give it a try.
  • Downsizer
    Offline / Send Message
  • Downsizer
    Offline / Send Message
    played for 2 mins, uninstalled. I'm tired of these games running like garbage on my rig. I have to have everything set low to get close to 30 fps. The character feels like he weighs 500lbs, I got stuck in a wall twice, and the game stutters and skips.

I'm on a 3.2 ghz P4, 1 gig DDR2, Geforce 6800 256meg PCI-E.

It looks like UT2k4 with parralax mapping and hdr. I dont get it. it's like they skipped a whole hardware generation. Doom 3 runs at 60 solid, anything made after that crawls. it's sad because I heard this was atari's new product line. not to bash will rock or anything, but it's not the team I would have picked for this if this is the result.

It's almost as bad as starship troopers..
  • Daz
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    Im such a tool. I read your original line as "I wanna say it looks like the unreal engine 3" and went ahead and spent ages downloading it! doh. Ran fine for me, but no matter, it's crap.