Home General Discussion

How could I have missed LOST?

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
The only thing I ever heard about it, was that the story was about survivors of a plane crash. Honestly, it sounded quite boring to me. I got the first season this past Sunday as an xmas gift.
It's the best damn show I've ever seen. I'm more engaged in this than I was with Xfiles. I can't believe I never heard anything about the show before. It's nothing like I thought, for sure. I saw a 'LOST theory' post a while back, but never looked at it.
I dunno, I'm hooked to the show like a crack junkie now. I've blown through the whole first season in 5 days :P

Anyways, are any of you guys hooked on this?

Replies

• pogonip
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pogonip polycounter lvl 18
    Did you miss the lengthy lost thread here not to long ago ? Might wanna start there ?
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    when you've got the whole 1st season sitting there infront of you, it's shure enough addictive.

I've given up waiting for series 2 episode 10.

The story is really good, probably the best show I've even seen, but without that intensity of being able to watch a few in a row - it kinda loosens it's grip. Also some of the story just doesn't add up, or tries to confuse without giving real answers. In the end it makes it slightly annoying to follow.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    I miss all the good stuff right as it starts - God bless the DVD.
  • Kevin Johnstone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kevin Johnstone polycounter lvl 19
    Missed it until recently I picked it up after a coworker's recommendation. Yes, it's like crack isn't it? smile.gif

I've not really been on the edge of my seat as much with other series I've watched.
    Twin peaks got it's hooks seriously into me as did Babylon5 and Deadwood, but Lost is a bit more extreme.

r.
  • Striff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Striff polycounter lvl 18
    Are you sure you wern't......LOST???

Gawd I just had to do it.

Yea the show is the best show ever...less then 2 weeks till it comes back! Rejoyce!
  • Malekyth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Malekyth polycounter lvl 18
    Me too. Rorshach endorsed it, and I bought it on a random, extremely-trusting whim when I saw it at Best Buy later that night. wink.gif I'm glad I did! I've watched it through twice now, once in that first weekend and then again with a friend (who's also addicted now). I can't wait for the second season on DVD!
  • Hunter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hunter polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah you guys must have missed the previous post a few months back.. This is one of the most creative and well written shows. ever.. I watched the first season over and over hitting the freeze frame buttons and catching things that i missed the first time, listening to the background conversations and suble clues / hints. This season, I am even one fo those who has played Walts whispering voice backwards to hear what the hell he was saying.. Its errie how everyone is connected to each other in some way or another..

SPOILER :

You want to see something freaky.. watch the first 5 minutes of the first show, and at the part where the passenger gets sucked into the engine, FREEZE the picture and watch it frame by frame and see what you see before the engine explodes ?? Hmmmmmm

But, back to the show itself.. the character development and casting couldnt be more perfect. One thing Im wondering is what sort of dimlema are the producers in now with Michele Rodriguez getting busted (yet again) for DWI and violating her CA parole.. She may be heading into jail for a few months or so and this leaves a huge hole in the series as she is a MAIN character this season.. Oh well.. Somehow I feel shell get a slap on the wrist and we will be seeing some fund raising and a few DWI public service announcments in her future..

Vassago / Mal, doesnt watching the first season on DVD spoil you.. 43 minute of straight, uninterupted episodes with ZERO commercials.. then you have to watch the regular season as it airs and i feel like there are 43 minutes worth of advertisements.. ARGH.. and now the 6 week break.. Man i cant wait until Jan 11th.. Its an episode based around "Mr Echos": character.. ("23 Psalm") ..

Oh well.. anytime you want to discuss this show, count me in.. im as addicted to it as the rest of you gents are..
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I enjoy watching the show in full season chunks. I find myself trying to find an excuse not to watch this season if I happen to be near the tube when its on, beacuse I know I will enjoy it more when the season 2 DVD's come out.
  • Lee3dee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    Lost and Invasion is crack for me on wednesday nights. Battlestar Galactica on scifi is friday's crack.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    **SPOILER**
    Yea Hunter, I did that step-frame thing a few days ago. Looks like the black cloud caused the engine to explode? Very interesting stuff.

I actualy went and bought all of the LOST season 2 episodes off of ITunes last night. The resolution is only 320x240, but it looks surpisingly good full-screen on a 19" monitor.

Yes, I'm addicted. Now leave me alone. smile.gifsmile.gif
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    I'm more than an addict, I'm a Lost-ite. I breathe for Lost, to the point where I've alreadyh ordered the 2 Lost books from Amazon.

S'right.
  • CheapAlert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CheapAlert polycounter lvl 18
    woah there's quality tv finally?
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    Yeah, this show is great. Been slow recently. Hopefully once new episodes come on it'll pick up again.
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    Yeah. I didn't see it until that Lost Theories thread.
    I got the 1st season on DVD and then got my family addicted too. I cannot wait to see Season 2, but I'll likely wait for the DVD, as TV commercials make me wanna murder people.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    I'm a fan also. I've gotten caught up in the theories and stuff. I watched the original show, and although I thought it was ok, it didn't hook me. I kept thinkin,"this show might not be too bad if they didn't have that stupid monster." I started hearing more about it, then decided to give it a second chance. Makes more sense about the monster now.
  • Spoon_of_death
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spoon_of_death polycounter lvl 17
    POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Ugh, I have the idea were awfully behind on the episodes here in the Netherlands... The last episode was about Lockes flashbacks, is the show getting better-worse from here? Man I really want to know what happens if they dont push the 108 minute button hehe
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    as much as i love lost, i really, REALLY hate how lost, and other series, have huge gaps between episodes.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    [ QUOTE ]

I actualy went and bought all of the LOST season 2 episodes off of ITunes last night. The resolution is only 320x240, but it looks surpisingly good full-screen on a 19" monitor.

[/ QUOTE ]

while the rest of the internet gets them from bit torrent at HD res
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I don't do torrents, hawken. And old friend of mine in the 'business' got busted a few months back. I don't take chances like that.
    Besides, it's a great show, and I don't mind paying for it. It's only $2 per episode anyways.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yeah, I agree with others here, the delayed episodes really kill a series. I REALLY don't understand what they are thinking with this. They disappear for about 2 weeks, return to play 2 episodes, then go away again for a month? Hell, I don't even know when they are returning.. they didn't mention it.

Some shows I've lost interest in due to poor scheduling: Deadzone, West Wing, and Monster House & Garage. To me, it's even worse when they play reruns because I never know when they've actually returned.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    They're coming back from hiatus on January 11th tongue.gif

As far as the odd scheduling, I do agree with that. I think the issue is probably with the actors themselves. As most of us probably know, two of the girls were busted for DUI's, and 'Walt' has had a recent growth spurt, so he now looks older than he should.
    There are a lot of things with LOST's timing right now. I just hope they can get it all figured out. I need another fix! smile.gif
  • b1ll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    b1ll polycounter lvl 18
    it was the same thing last year, what can u do? nada, ! wiN!
  • Hunter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well tonight is finally the night for new episodes.. After a 6 week break, LOST will be rolling again.. not just ONE.. but TWO new episodes starting at 8 pm EST followed by a second episode at 9..

Not sure about the rest of you.. but I am looking forward to a good night of good TV..
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ????? WHAT!? I almost forgot it was the new night, but I sure as hell didn't know there were TWO tonight... thanks for mentioning it... I can't believe I haven't seen a single comercial about the upcoming show. Then again, I rarely watch ABC.
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    not actually 2 new ones. it's a clip show, then a new episode.

but evangeline lilly was on TRL (hey, i'm on vacation, i'll watch a little garbage) and says the big reveal for this new episode is that we finally get to see the "monster".
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    but evangeline lilly was on TRL (hey, i'm on vacation, i'll watch a little garbage) and says the big reveal for this new episode is that we finally get to see the "monster".

[/ QUOTE ]

I would watch Evangeline Lilly in anything.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    I would watch Evangeline Lilly in anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto.
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    well said, Scoob. even if MTV is worse than garbage, the fact that i was only stopped to watch a bit of it because she was on completely exonerates me laugh.gif
  • Malekyth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Malekyth polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah. Geeze. As much as I tend to *want to hate exquisite, superhuman beauty of that sort ... it's quite impossible. Wow.
  • Striff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    2nd best episode this season by far. In case you missed the images in the smoke :

http://lost.cubit.net/pics/2x10/
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    wow i totally missed all of those images .. i must be blind
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    personally I thought the smoke looked like stinkenberries and felt too much like an echo from Abyss... but other than that a very good episode.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wow, thanks for sharing those images... I didn't notice any of those images either... maybe they're more noticeable on HDTV's wink.gif

Funny though, when something like this happens, I start trying to be really observant. But when the shows concentrate mainly on a persons backstory, I tend to let my guard down :/

That was a great episode btw... I like the Echo character.
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    they're more noticeable by people who watch each episode a dozen times, each time playing it at a slower speed than their last viewing smile.gif
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lol, yeah, I'm sure... especially TiVo owners wink.gif
  • Hollowmind
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hollowmind polycounter lvl 18
    Damn you all! I picked up the DVD's last night because of the threads here. Nearly stayed up all night and called off work watching this.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LOL, good stuff eh? wink.gif
  • Hollowmind
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hollowmind polycounter lvl 18
    Don't know if it's been mentioned here or not but it reminds me a lot of the Prisoner show from the late-60's. I've never seen that show but I've read a lot about and seen the Simpsons parody it. :P
  • shotgun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shotgun polycounter lvl 19
    yes, its a real good show,
    and it's just the story that makes it so intriguing, not so much as the acting or production and all that.

don't watch it tho blush.gif
  • Kevin Johnstone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kevin Johnstone polycounter lvl 19
    It's not like the Prisoner, they're both great though and both have mysteries but the prisoner was grounded m uch more in the world of james bond.

r.
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spoiler: Did anybody else notice that the shark that attacks Michael & Sawyer on the raft remnants has the Dharma Project logo tattooed on its tail? wtf???
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Hunter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Whats odd is the rebroadcast this season (the first set of reruns for season 2) the shark didn't have the logo.. as`if it were a deliberate edit by the producers or ABC to increase commercial air time .. I am curious to see if it will be in the 2nd season DVD set ??
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Are you positive? It seems like I heard someone else mention this also, but it's so brief, that I wonder if people are just missing it.
  • Hunter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I only wished I had taped it.. i was pretty sure, since we were all deliberately looking for it the second time around.. whats really odd, is with all the DIE HARD LOST fans, that i have only heard what i thought i saw affirmed one or two other times..

Still.. an awesome show..
  • Striff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yep, they did edit it out the second time it aired.

New podcast : http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/podcasts/101694.html

More Lost tonight!