Home General Discussion

Bronco's 2nd day at his first industry job!!

Bronco
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Bronco polycounter lvl 18
Howdy guys

Yes,all that frantic work that some of you helped me out with on my portfolio and resume afew weeks ago has paid off. IVE GOT A JOB!.

Im working for a company called HLstudios here in Oxfordshire,working mainly on Educational videogames and 3d illistrations for kids,and after 2 days, I gotta say I love it.

Already I have learnt aload about max and tricks with the material editor which Although I was aware they were there I never really knew how to use them.

The office is new,the team im working with seem cool,we're all in an open plane office and the team is a good mix of people Southerners and Northerners and even 5 or 6 girls on the production team,which adds that balance and keeps us blokes in check with the lanaguage wink.gif.

The other thing I really like about this gig which I never really took into consideration when looking for a job was the sheer diversity of the things im doing.
For example yesterday was charcter work,today was new project and hi-poly enviroment,mapping and texture work and tomorrow im doing animation and being taught morphs and the such,which im really looking forward to.

All in all,im a very happy chap and even though all polycounters in the industry say this but THANK YOU ALL!!!.

John

Replies