Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

3D World Studio shots

halo
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
halo polycounter lvl 18
I guess I am pimping both my scene, and the program I used to create it, since I wrote it myself! Check it out at www.leadwerks.com

1228.jpg

1229.jpg

Replies

• CheapAlert
    Offline / Send Message
    CheapAlert polycounter lvl 18
    mmm, looks very worldcrafty
  • KDR_11k
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
  • kat
    Offline / Send Message
    kat polycounter lvl 17
    @ Halo : I don't wish to sound rude but roughly $100 dollers for what is in effect just a level editor seems a little excessive to me - yes I know it can do more than that - but considering what CheapAlert said above, what advantages does this app have over WorldCraft, Quark, or even the now open sourced GTKRadiant for constructing maps 'additively'?.

Perhaps doing a compare and contrast page with other common apps would help clarify what people are getting and what the app can do?
  • CheapAlert
    Offline / Send Message
    CheapAlert polycounter lvl 18
    i remember when worldcraft pro was sold

it failed horribly
  • kat
    Offline / Send Message
    kat polycounter lvl 17
    I did try getting to grips with Quark once but it felt really clunky after using Radiant for so long. Still I suppose things like the editor above provides a 'no string' level editor for development teams that don't want to get bogged down with licencing issues come time to sell their goods.
  • halo
    Offline / Send Message
    halo polycounter lvl 18
    -My program is legal to use in commercial projects.
    -Includes staticmesh capabilities, unlike other BSP editors.
    -Exports to common file formats like .x, .map, .b3d, and .dbo.
    -Lighting can be calculated and viewed in the editor.
    -Textures and files don't have to be locked away in proprietary file formats and huge zip packages.
  • pogonip
    Offline / Send Message
    pogonip polycounter lvl 18
    As far as the scene goes my only problem really is that the texture on the far wall makes it look like the pipes go into nothing . As far as the editor I guess since you can use it in a commercial product it's a good deal for small time developers . Most modders will probebly be using Unreal engine 3 editor , Never Winter Nights 2 editor or Oblivion Editor so hopefully your editor will have features they can't offer if you want to have a widely appealing product . Though I think something like this a programing pimp and im sure you could get a job at least writing tools for a major game company !
  • halo
    Offline / Send Message
    halo polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, this is meant to be an all-purpose editor. I have no desire to try to emulate the Unreal editor, or other editors that are closely tied to one engine. This is meant to support a lot of different engines, and at the same time, give me an editor to build my own engine on top of.
  • Lee3dee
    Offline / Send Message
    Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
    impressive! we could of used this editor for our torque game, would of saved me hours of frustration exporting from maya to torque and getting it to look right. I downloaded the editor, going to try it out soon laugh.gif. Thanks for posting!
  • notman
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    Let me know what you find. I'm also trying to find a good interface between Max/Maya and Torque... at least for doing .dif/interiors.
  • halo
    Offline / Send Message
    halo polycounter lvl 18
    Thanks bud, if you have any questions, visit my forum or email josh (at) leadwerks dot com.
  • Steve Schulze
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Hm, I might download this and give it a spin. Shall probably drop you some comments later
  • John Warner
    Offline / Send Message
    John Warner polycounter lvl 18
    very cool stuff man, nice work. it'd be nice to see some more texture detail tho, right now it's a little bit simple. try adding some color -- stains on the pipe, floor.. drippage here and there.. broken bits. chose what sections you want the viwer to find interest in, and add a little range of detail in your light, color, and texture..

you've got a good amount of large details, and small details, but this scene would be awesome if you put in a medium range- dents on the metal, rust, drippage, that sort of thing..

eidt: just for personal fun, i did an overpaint. i didn't want to be rude and post it, but if you want me to, i will..