Home General Discussion

Sin Episodes - Gameplay footage

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Lee3dee polycounter lvl 18
[url="mms://zdmedia.wmod.llnwd.net/a111/o1/1UP/sinep01_ces06_demofull_wmv_320x180.wmv"]mms://zdmedia.wmod.llnwd.net/a111/o1/1UP/sinep01_ces06_demofull_wmv_320x180.wmv[/url]

looks like an average shooter, environments look really nice.

Replies

• motives
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    motives polycounter lvl 18
    nice voiceover by mr.rockstar there in the beginning tongue.gif

And whats up with that hand that came into view every now and then on the left hand side of the screen lol. i was like "woow, huh, what was that!" every time smile.gif

Hard to tell anything bout the actualy game lookin at the trailer.. didnt really blow me away but looksa like it can be fun
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    Nothing too impressive there but it looks as if it could be fun. Something about the position and movement of the gun in first -person really bothered me though. It just looked too stiff - as if it was a mannequin hand holding a gun strapped to the side of a camera.

In any case, as long as it is reasonably priced I will probably buy the first one to check it out.
  • doc rob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    doc rob polycounter lvl 19
    looks like good Ritual FPS fun, I'll probably pick this up when it's released smile.gif

motives, it was shaky-cam, the hand was somebody's real hand who was pointing stuff out during the demo.
  • kleinluka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kleinluka polycounter lvl 18
    It looked like a lot of the art was stock HL2 art. It didn't really feel like Sin to me. Not too impressed frown.gif
  • rawkstar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rawkstar polycounter lvl 18
    hehe thats not me there in that voiceover hehe smile.gif

as for the hand, that is just a completely random hand, its not part of the game.

as for the gun anims, I think they're kind of supposed to be a little exaggerated, animators call, i kind of like it.

for anyone who cares heres a video interview from ces that kind of sheds more light on why you should buy sin episodes, besides keeping me employed and financing my collection of communist memorabilia smile.gif

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/sinepisodes1/media.html
  • Downsizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Downsizer polycounter lvl 18
    It does look very similar to halflife. But i'm sure as with every engine the other licensees follow the reccomended art path etc. Some parts looked fun, some looked like an average shooter.

I'm also very much dislike female game characters with triple D breasts. It's getting stupid folks.
  • Foehammer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Foehammer polycounter lvl 18
    looks like fun Mr. Rockstar, i'll be playing it fo sheezy
  • Frank
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Frank polycounter lvl 18
    Boobs sell copies. Plus they're cool.

Frank the Avenger
  • Downsizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Show me a big boobed olympic athlete.. then tell me if you think triple D's are remotely realistic in a female hero-like character. It's so blatantly immature it detracts from atmosphere. At least for me. Then again, I don't think with my wang.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    where's the triple D breasts? There's a low angle shot of the villainess so it's hard to judge, but the original character design had ginormous boobs anyway.
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    I think its funny that the main character is called Blade.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    I just remember that horrible anime based off the first game. *shudder*
  • JKim3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKim3 polycounter lvl 18
    Ugh. I actually bought that. The second DVD I owned. Bleh.
  • Malekyth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Malekyth polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Show me a big boobed olympic athlete.. then tell me if you think triple D's are remotely realistic in a female hero-like character. It's so blatantly immature it detracts from atmosphere. At least for me. Then again, I don't think with my wang.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, man, I bet the vengeful lesbian god in whom you believe is totally going to reward you for your noble and unique ideas! Personally, I don't think with my wang but I do agree with most of the things it suggests to me. I'm a naturally-occuring biological entity like that!
  • rawkstar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rawkstar polycounter lvl 18
    i don't think this argument will ever end, JUST WHEN Are the boobs too big? I mean seriously? All i can say is Elexis' boobs are probably the best looking boobs I've ever seen on any big breasted female character EVER... those things are SWEET LOOKING hehehe smile.gif and sin really isn't all serious wink.gif its a game, its a fun experience, making this we try not to take ourselves overly serious because that would take away from the fun of the game.
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dude, it's Elexis, she has big boobs.

Please, everyone, the day I begin to say boobs in games are too big, just... just shoot me... All you Dallas guys, just come to Terminal and just shoot me. Please.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    You two don't perchance like silicone and/or "big boned" women?
  • Downsizer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    the lesbian god i worship...wtf dude. defend it all you want, it's childish. and i'm not stupid enough to not know that is the point of most games.

and possibly the downfall of good gameplay as of late. "lets focus on selling big tits to lonely men! OMGWTFBBQ GUNS AND KNOCKERS!?!?"

It's old.
  • Gmanx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gmanx polycounter lvl 19
    Guns and Knockers...now there's a game. I like the look of this - it's irreverent.
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I actually like women of all differenct shapes and sizes. I'm not big on 'stipper girls' in the real world, but I enjoy them in my games and anime. Maybe because they don't contain all the veins and stretchmarks that come from augmenting your breasts in real life.

It is very possible for a woman to have naturally large breasts and a thin waist. Don't know why some people can't believe that. I've 'been there and done that'.

And there is nothing wrong with targeting a game's art towards the lonely men of this world. Afterall, they're the ones that will dish out the cash, no questions asked.

As far as art is concerened, I'd rather spend all day working on 'knock-outs' than the dumpy girl that works at a fast food restaurant.

Gameplay has nothing to do with breast size. Come on, everyones knows that. I mean, look at all the other games that come out every year with terrible gameplay, yet with no big tittied women in them.

Granted, there are lots of games that try and sell on sex appeal alone, but with those games, it's obvious they didn't spend anytime on the gameplay, such as 'Sexy Beach 2' or 'DAO Volleyball'.

Just my two cents. I see nothing wrong with DD's in my game. Nor do I complain when I see A's. It's all eye candy to me. smile.gif

*writes up doc for 'Guns and Knockers'*
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    I was just about to complain that her boobs were too small frown.gif
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    Gameplay has nothing to do with breast size.

Well, until our physics simulations become so advanced the character's huge boobs make her trip at every corner... Or break her back when she jumps...
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Gameplay has nothing to do with breast size.

Well, until our physics simulations become so advanced the character's huge boobs make her trip at every corner... Or break her back when she jumps...

[/ QUOTE ]

YES!

hahaha! man, that made me laugh. Thanks! laugh.gif
  • Toomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toomas polycounter lvl 18
    Boobs = YUMMY!
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    You know, after all that talk about gigantic boobs I was quite disappointed when I saw the screenshots. That's barely above average videogame size! I was expecting something like Eve: Misaki Chronicles (THAT is my definition of "boobs too big") i.e. large anime size.
  • neolith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    neolith polycounter lvl 18
    Hooray for boobies!