Home General Discussion

Hostel

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
adam polycounter lvl 19
Saw it late lastnight. Place was packed full. If you liked Saw or Saw 2 you will NOT like this movie. I found it to be boring and no where near it's hype.

Was dissapointed.

Replies

• JKim3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKim3 polycounter lvl 18
    Ha ha ha! I was in the same showing as you. Was down in Van for some stuff and saw you walk past my seat. Don't you if you saw me, but I was the guy that dropped by to visit Mark at your office that day.

I liked Saw, liked Saw 2 a little bit less, and really liked Hostel.

Spoilers, and such. SPOILERS!!!!!!

Was expecting more killings to go on. Felt that they did away with Josh too quickly. Maybe show what happened to Oli, also. I really liked that Pax did the things you were hoping he would do. Running over those 3 bastards and killing that Austrian guy. Just awesome. But then, there's no way the director can have those people do all that shit to the characters, and not get their comeuppance. It would just be cruel to the viewer. I watched Cabin Fever before going to the movie, so I was worried that all the protagonists were going to die off.

SPOILER END!!!!!!

The trailer for "The Hills Have Eyes" that played before the movie intrigued me. Looking forward to it, but would like to see the original beforehand, since I was told the remake tries to go further in the shock and violence.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Wait - you were at the office here? hahahaha.. wtf man, say hello!

I liked Saw 2 more-so than Saw 1... and Hostel's below the both of them. I'm with you, not enough killings and such. I really wanted Eli Roth to go nuts with this film and show some disturbing stuff. Even the eyeball part I thought was weakly done.

SPOILER (besides the little one I said just then):

The achilles heal part really got to me. I could feel it when it was happening, the actor who played Josh did a good job of screaming his fucking head off.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    cameo by Takashi Miike, 'nuff said
  • JKim3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKim3 polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    cameo by Takashi Miike, 'nuff said

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, the Japanese guy who talked to Pax at the show?

Yeah, Brome. Was gonna say a healthy "yo" to you, but Mark was on a tight schedule, so decided to leave it.