Home General Discussion

No Power @ Work

PaK
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
PaK polycounter lvl 18
...and I asked my lead if i ciould take my PC home like 2 of my other co-workers do, and he said yeah, but the lead of IT had a lil hissy fit and now I'm at home, twiddling my thumbs till their power is back online. Supposidly an insurance issue. I guess insurance only applies to 'some' of us.

I hate admin.

-R

Replies

• eXpendabLe
    Offline / Send Message
    eXpendabLe polycounter lvl 18
    Man, I wish the power would go off here :[
  • Rick Stirling
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    What, people are back at work?
  • oXYnary
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    Thye dont trust you with that NDA material Pak. Go ninja on the IT and stab in the back in the dark. smile.gif
  • malcolm
    Offline / Send Message
    malcolm polycount sponsor
    One time the power went out at work and it emmediately started to smell like fish! I have no idea why! Strangely enough the power was out because a building exploded at the near by technical school.
  • JKim3
    Offline / Send Message
    JKim3 polycounter lvl 18
    Whoa, Malcolm. When did this happen? Also, does EA (you work there, right?) have an office by BCIT, at the old IBM office? I remember hearing about someone taking over that place. Just curious if the exploding building belonged to the Ai there.

Haven't had the power fully go off at work, but there have been times when the network shutdown. That was a really boring day, of sitting around and talking. Oh wells. Also had a network breakdown during a beta delivery day. Ha, that was fun.
  • kleinluka
    Offline / Send Message
    kleinluka polycounter lvl 18
    power went out a bunch of times this summer at Ubi but it always came back on after a few hours.... :P
  • malcolm
    Offline / Send Message
    malcolm polycount sponsor
    Jkim3, yeah the building that exploded was at BCIT, it was the main EA campus that lost power for half the day on Sanderson Way. And yes the building behind IBM is occupied by EA right now due to the fact we ran out of space at the main campus, and the building behind the EA at IBM is also occupied which is where I am currently working because we ran out of space in first off site building. So yeah, to answer your question there are actually 4 EA's in the lower mainland, we have an office downtown as well.