Home Technical Talk

Digital Painting

PfhorRunner
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
PfhorRunner polycounter lvl 18
Alright, so for some reason I have an ability to paint realistically in real life... I can draw, and I can paint over it in detail with some nice shading happening. For some reason though, whenever I get into photoshop I get overwhelmed.

I cannot think straight or something, because my shading skills aren't there. It's too choppy/layered and I just for the life of me don't know how some people do it so well. I was just wondering if anyone had any tips or tutorials that would help with digital painting in photoshop. I have concepts of mine that I'd only rather show when done, but for some reason I cannot even do a paintover without my shading falling apart on me. Maybe i'm not using tools correctly, or I'm not using enough. For my painting I never use more than 2 brushes (non-digital), and I suppose I cannot really do that for photoshop, I've just never learned otherwise.

I'm not sure if this is really the right place for this, since the tutorials thread is there, but the only tutorials I saw posted were for 3d, and right now i'm just trying to get 2d down.

Replies