Home General Discussion

Christmas in Rome or Barcelona??

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
JO420 polycounter lvl 18
Looks like christmas will be too expensive to fly back home to so if i have to spend it alone (most co workers are going home)

so after checking out the prices i have narrowed my choices to Barcelona or Rome.

Anyone experienced either at this time of year and what are pros and cons of these if you know em??

Replies

• KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    Haven't been there but Rome during any christian holy day is going to be nuts. But if you want to receive blessings from the Pope, feel free.
  • Prs-Phil
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Prs-Phil polycounter lvl 18
    hahahahaha good point
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    You still have 26 days to find a girlfriend and spend christmas-eve with her, and you don't have to be picky since you can dump her afterwards poly130.gif

laugh.gif
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    You still have 26 days to find a girlfriend and spend christmas-eve with her, and you don't have to be picky since you can dump her afterwards poly130.gif

laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

wow thats hirariously harsh
  • Prs-Phil
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hmmm but the dutch women are either really hot and away for the winter (guess where laugh.gif) or REALLY tall and big and they WILL crush you after a few drinks.

Or you can just get really high and buy a few hookers and BAM, xmas is over and you have spent 500€.
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    hmmm but the dutch women are either really hot and away for the winter (guess where laugh.gif) or REALLY tall and big and they WILL crush you after a few drinks.

Or you can just get really high and buy a few hookers and BAM, xmas is over and you have spent 500€.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats alot of hookers man

Roughly 10 at 50 euros,how i know this i dont know.

Dutch woman are hot but if you cant talk to them in their language your screwed.
  • motives
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    motives polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats alot of hookers man

Roughly 10 at 50 euros,how i know this i dont know.

Dutch woman are hot but if you cant talk to them in their language your screwed.

[/ QUOTE ]

surely 90% of the dutch girls speak english? If they dont you know you are safe if they go "hey lekker ding" or something like that. Thats my experience anyway tongue.gif

rome or barcelona.. I'd go for barcelona
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

F-that, then you gotta buy her shit for Xmas.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    You mean dutch girls appreciate it when you call them "tasty"?
  • Prs-Phil
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yeah I can back up the up to 50€ (40 if you have em in 10ers) for 40 mins laugh.gif ... I also don't know where I know that from to.

Yeah, most of the dutch girls do speak english or I´ve only met dutch girls in certain states that my mix of english and german suddenly turned into dutch.
    Just say something (besides "hey lekker ding") like "mej soejkl joekt" or so, maybe one will help.

ok enough of the go crazy jokes. I personally would also go to barcelona, it seems to have more energy to offer you and from my friends that have been there I have heard only the best.

OR ... Come skiing in Austria laugh.gif
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    Barcelona it is,id love to go skiing in austria phil but i have no skii equipment, i imagine size 49 skii boots will cost me an arm and a leg
  • motives
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    motives polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    You mean dutch girls appreciate it when you call them "tasty"?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol so thats what it means? i only heard it once when i was in amsterdam and this girl said it to me while i walked up beside her in a bar. And that night worked out well tongue.gif
  • Prs-Phil
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Barcelona it is,id love to go skiing in austria phil but i have no skii equipment, i imagine size 49 skii boots will cost me an arm and a leg

[/ QUOTE ]

Allright, have fun smile.gif ... no need for ski equipment you can rent it, I used to help out in a skihireshop when I was young we once had a 13 year old kid come in, I kid you not, he didn't even fit into the size 52 boots.
    A skiing holiday in general is very expensive and exausting so you would need another holiday streight after.

have a good one in barca
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    barcelona should be more warm and fun.

I'm off to tokyo!
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    lol so thats what it means? i only heard it once when i was in amsterdam and this girl said it to me while i walked up beside her in a bar. And that night worked out well tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Na, it's more of a German-Dutch missunderstanding I guess (I don't speak dutch either).
    In German 'lecker' (pretty much pronounced the same way as in Dutch), just means 'tasty', while in Dutch (at least I was told so), it means 'tasty' and other more general exspressions of 'likeing' something.

I would loosely translate your sentence to 'hey, hot stuff'

P.S.: Dutch sounds really funny to Germans tongue.gif
  • Timex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Timex polycounter lvl 18
    the barcelona's girls have greats ass laugh.gif ...