Home General Discussion

Castaway Entertainment Suspends Operation Dec.15th

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Scott Ruggels polycounter lvl 18
It had a good run for 2.5 years, but the decision was made last night, and has now been imparted to the employees. Castaway Entertainment L.L.C. is shutting down operations. I liked the company for it's freewheeling, non corporate atmosphere, and the excellent co-worker/craftsmen I have worked with. I don't think I have been better treated by a company, but I guess it was not inthe cards. of the 25 or so Publishers looking at publishing our game after EA dropped us last Fabruary, only one is still in negotiation and the liklihood of us getting picked up by them is slim. All the notes expressed a lot of praise for the artwork and the skill of the team, but it was not enough to overcome the reticense of the industry to risk $12 million dollars and 24 months on Intellectual property that was new and original, rather than a license or sequel. So, as of now, My work is going to be updating the resume, working on a few tutorials to get up to speed on Unreal Ed 3 esoterical and making not one, but two demo reels. One for aniamtion, purely, and one for "Character work". So the Castaway Email address will be god until the 15th of December. after than, who knows(other than I can start collecting unemployment). Iit was a great run, though. At least now i can sho you all what I was working on.

Scott

Replies