Home General Discussion

Probably the best 'Lost' theory ever...

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
adam polycounter lvl 19
I just read this. It's probably the best theory I've read on the show yet. I'm sticking to this thought until the show can prove otherwise.

Bloody good read.

Replies

• aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    PURE AWESOMENESS

(now I dont have to watch the rest of the increasingly slow series!)
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
  • StrangeFate
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    StrangeFate polycounter lvl 18
    they should have brought more women if they wanted to repopulate the planet.
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    yeah, 5 for each man... but then all the guys would be singing "heaven, i'm in heaven" While all the women kill each other over who gets to have a man.
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    yeah, 5 for each man... but then all the guys would be singing "heaven, i'm in heaven" While all the women kill each other over who gets to have a man.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I remember correctly, in the film "Dr. Strangelove" it was determined that the optimal female:male ratio was 10:1, which sounds good to me. The women wouldn't kill each other, they'd just have to learn to share. Monogamy in that situation would be pointless. In fact, it would be more than pointless, it would be counter-productive.
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    unless you like lesbians... which I do.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    I take it you guys have never seen the 'cedric the entertainer' beer commercial where he fantasizes about being stranded on a deserted island. He imagines himself on an island with two beautiful women. He's laying in a hammock and these women come walking up.... then they start nagging about fixing the hut and so on. It's pretty funny, and probably closer to the truth wink.gif
    So, I'd be fine with one hot woman and no one else smile.gif

As for that page... it was very interesting and I think he has some great connections there. One problem I had with it though was where he suggests they faked the plane crash. Saying that everyone was knocked out, placed on the beach, then peices of the plane were placed around. While this may make it more believeable that they survived the crash, it doesn't explain why WE saw it crash :/
    Seems like he just blows off anything that doesn't fit with his theory or can't explain right now. It's a good start though.

As for the show, I do wish they would stop jumping around now. It seems like they are completely ignoring that lab/room now. Who's entering the numbers? Locke's been on the beach an aweful lot for someone who's supposed to be watching that computer :/
  • jzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jzero polycounter lvl 18
    Dangit, I guess it's time to rent the Season 1 DVDs and catch up...

/jzero
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I agree with notman, I don't think the crash was staged. If you are staging a crash, why have one of the engines on so it sucks someone in and explodes killing more survivors. I guess the collective that was guiding them decided it was a smart idea to go get 200 year old TNT and have it blow one of the suviors up? True he was annoying and we don't want those traits passed into the future, but still... Also Put a handle on the hatch so they don't have to blow themselves up.

I think he is mostly spot on with his theory about the purpose of the island, but I think it was left unattended and is running on auto pilot. Why else would the security system go crazy on the pilot (a survivor). Maybe they lost funding or something happened where they couldn't get the "chosen few" onto the island and into the shelter? Maybe they just happened to crash because of the wierd magnetic field thingy.

Who was Boone talking to just before the beachcraft fell off the cliff? Why would they not stop the plane from falling and save boone from dying, after all he is a young health survivor who is working closely with the islands advoate locke. If it is such a guilding force why is it screwing up soo much?

I guess you have to break a few eggs to make iced tea?
  • The3DGuy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The3DGuy polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Who was Boone talking to just before the beachcraft fell off the cliff?

[/ QUOTE ]

he was talking to Bernard from the back half of the plane.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Of course a few things will get contradicted as the show goes on. This is a theory after all.

A damn good one at that. I loved the explaination of Hanso.
  • Slayerjerman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slayerjerman polycounter lvl 18
    holy jesus thats close to what i thought was going on...about the magnets anyway!
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    Wow, that was great. Definately could see that working out for the show.
  • Sinistar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sinistar polycounter lvl 17
    Just watched the season 1 DVDs after never seeing the show before. That article was an interesting read. There's like amillion theories out there, but this one is the most logical I've read so far. smile.gif
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    For those of you who don't agree with the faked crash theory, heres why I think it would work

People wonder why we saw it? Well we also hear the voices in the trees, the ghosts of various people. Basically all the types of things that the island makes people see and hear. I figure, they were knocked out. Given this dream, and then placed on the beach. Of course some people would be killed, or perhaps they never even existed and were only killed in the dream. who knows.
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I take it you guys have never seen the 'cedric the entertainer' beer commercial where he fantasizes about being stranded on a deserted island. He imagines himself on an island with two beautiful women. He's laying in a hammock and these women come walking up.... then they start nagging about fixing the hut and so on. It's pretty funny, and probably closer to the truth wink.gif
    So, I'd be fine with one hot woman and no one else smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but we're talking about repopulating the Earth. A woman can only have one pregnancy every nine months, while a man can impregnate dozens of women over the same period of time, so logically speaking it would make sense to have several women to every man. Don't ruin my fantasy, man laugh.gif.
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    For those of you who don't agree with the faked crash theory, heres why I think it would work

People wonder why we saw it? Well we also hear the voices in the trees, the ghosts of various people. Basically all the types of things that the island makes people see and hear. I figure, they were knocked out. Given this dream, and then placed on the beach. Of course some people would be killed, or perhaps they never even existed and were only killed in the dream. who knows.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're saying that there is no spoon?
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    I know kung-fu.
  • Toomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toomas polycounter lvl 18
    Vig people have to get killed to generate fear and in turn progress, if it was some paradise with coctails and sunshades then no one would do anything and they would just lay there.
    I wouldnt have put handle on the hatch either, little challenge is good to make them think, act and thus evolve.

Also if everything is too good to be true then people start to hatch conspiracy theories.
  • aesir
  • JonMurphy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JonMurphy polycounter lvl 18
    Must only skim read, lest I see too much. They haven't even opened the hatch in the UK airings, unless it happened this week on E4