Offline / Send Message
SouL polycounter lvl 18
Mega Man Power Up:
http://media.ps2.gamespy.com/media/770/770345/imgs_1.html

Mega Man Maverick Hunter X:
http://media.ps2.gamespy.com/media/770/770343/imgs_1.html

Ghosts 'n Goblins:
http://www.gamespot.com/psp/action/ghostsngoblins/screenindex.html

I can't wait for these games. I loved them on SNES and it's great Capcom is remaking them in 3d while keeping the 2d side-scroller feel of the original. Man, I'd buy a PSP just to play these 3 games.

This is what you should do, Konami!

Replies

• nitzmoff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nitzmoff polycounter lvl 18
    I agree, I love the thought of all those titles, but I'd love them more if they were completely 2D.

That's always been my complaint with the PSP. It capabilities harken back to a time when 3D wasn't all that pretty. Make some 2D games already! Or, if you're going to do something in 3D, make it unique and thus attractive in its own right. Rez anyone?
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Err? In some areas, the PSP hardware is better than PS2....
    It's 3d capability is amazing, so I'm not too sure what you're poking at smile.gif

But yes, the Mega Man games would kick ass if they were all 2D. Ghost's n Goblins looks great as well.

Soul - you don't like any of the existing PSP games? I think there are quite a few great titles already. Surely more than the DS.

smile.gif
  • cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    OMG, when I first saw the first Megaman Powerup shots a while back I almost cried. They look so good, and I can't wait to play. Great looking remake, and I'll probably have to get those games too, and Daxter. wink.gif
  • Xenobond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xenobond polycounter lvl 18
    Hmm. I might have something to play on my PSP other than emulated SNES and NES games. omg!

Although those bg's on the megaman game are very confusing looking. Can't tell what's coming or going.
  • nitzmoff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Don't get me wrong, it can do plenty of particles and stuff that the PS1 could never pull off. I'm just saying I would take this:

s26429_psp_15.jpg

over this:

928452_20051024_screen003.jpg

any day.

Edit: Sorry Moz, fixed zee link
  • Moz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Moz polycounter lvl 18
    I see only one picture.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    nitzmoff: Popo PSP? This game? Your image isn't showing up, so I googled another...

popo_12.jpg
  • nitzmoff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    No idea why it's not showing up. The link works just fine when I paste it in my browser. But yeah, Popolocrois is a nice little game visually. smile.gif
  • FunkaDelicDass
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FunkaDelicDass polycounter lvl 18
    I love the 2D, but I'm digging the nice clean style on those Megaman screenshots.

I'm waiting on a Gradius game for the PSP, or any shooter for that matter. The screen ratio is perfect for side scrolling action gameplay. Treasure needs to get working on some PSP games...
  • ironbearxl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ironbearxl polycounter lvl 18
    The new mega-man game looks good, I hope to see more games like it, but higher rez textures (x1024+).
  • JonMurphy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JonMurphy polycounter lvl 18
    smile.gif I like the 3D in side scroller style. Reminds me of Clockwork Knight
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    I wish the Megaman games were available on the PC. The level editor would be so much easier to use and there'd be no stupid Sony dpad... Seriously, the Megaman games are brutal if your dpad is bad, your thumb will hurt for days.

Treasure needs to get working on some PSP games...

They just got done with Gunstar Super Heroes (GBA), don't push 'em too much.
  • CheapAlert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CheapAlert polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]

Ghosts 'n Goblins:
    http://www.gamespot.com/psp/action/ghostsngoblins/screenindex.html

[/ QUOTE ]

OFFICIAL FIREBRAND ASS IN 3D FOR THE FIRST TIME OMG!
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wait... Are those health and magic meters I see on those Ghosts&Goblins screenshots?
  • CheapAlert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CheapAlert polycounter lvl 18
    guess so, because everyone sucks at the game

One of the Japanese versions of GNG had a meter too
  • animatr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    animatr polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]

you don't like any of the existing PSP games? I think there are quite a few great titles already. Surely more than the DS.

smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

what!! no way! the PSP has let's see...racing, racing, and uh, more racing. Not to mention the DS has great games right now. Advanced Wars, Castlevania(if you wanna talk old school smile.gif ) Mario Kart(which rocks my socks) animal crossing is coming out, FF4, not to mention every awesome game that ever lived on the SP. You're crazy! The PSP can't compete with the DS. and im not a nintendo fanboy, I just like good games. and the PSP has racing games...or movies...
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    I've got untold legends, wipeout pure and that streetfighter sort of beatemup game that I never play.

The most played game on my psp? well, I completed untold legends so time wise that one.. but these days its kirby's adventure for nes. Then its puzzle bobble for snes. Then probably gunstar heroes for megadrive, maybe also toejam and earl.. not forgetting the awesome port of noiz2sa.

The current batch of psp titles cant compete with those in my mind.. Theres gta lcs, but I'll wait till theres a way to play on 1.5.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If you're playing alone I'd say add Gunstar Super Heroes (Future Heroes in Europe) to your lineup, it's pretty much a remake of Gunstar Heroes but overall I'd say it's better and harder (I pushed through most of Gunstar Heroes at Normal without dying, I died tons of times while playing Gunstar Future Heroes). With emulation on the PSP you have an advantage because you can line up the A and B buttons for easier access.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    The ultimate test of the two hand-helds will be which version of Katamari Damacy is better.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The Katamari Damacy version for the DS was apparently a misprint, at least it's not officially announced. But the PSP KD will probably be a port because the game designer of KD is fighting teeth and nails to prevent any more sequels from being made (they essentially blackmailed him into making a first sequel, telling him that if he won't help them, they'll just rerelease KD as a christmas edition).
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    [ QUOTE ]
    ..Advanced Wars, Castlevania, Mario Kart(which rocks) Animal Crossing is coming out, FF4.....and the PSP has racing games...

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe I already mentioned Advanced Wars, Castlevania and Mario Kart as being great DS titles. But I don't like kiddy-crap games like Animal Crossing, Nintendogs, etc. And yes, I've tried them.

The PSP only has racing? Errm, okay.
    - Lumines
    - SOCOM
    - LotR: Tactics
    - SSX: On Tour
    - Virtua Tennis
    - Namco Museum
    - Midway Collection
    - Xmen 2
    - Coded Arms
    - GTA: LCS
    - Untold Legends
    - Tiger Woods
    - FIFA '06
    And quite a few more....

I suppose it's all about your own taste.
  • War_Destroyer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    War_Destroyer polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah the PSP Has a really solid selection right now, nothing to unique, but solid none the less. X-men Legends is really good as is Socom, Virtua Tennis is great on the go just quick 2-10 min games. Coded Arms is ok but it points out a huge flaw in the PSP's design one that I hope developers will make up for in the future, no second analog. I'm not a DS fan but I eagerly await Metroid Prime Hunters.