Home General Discussion

weekends

Ruz
polycount lvl 666
Offline / Send Message
Ruz polycount lvl 666
What do yuo all do on you weekends?
I generally always have my weekend off and usually go shopping then go for a drink/meal or work on personal projects , depending on my mood.

Replies

• notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    I get to do homework and catch up on other crap around the house. I work 50 hours a week and go to school several nights a week. Oh, and include the 12 hours a week I waste driving to work :/
    Anyways, that doesnt' leave much time for maintenance stuff around the house, so the weekend is catchup time. Oh, and I watch NASCAR on Sundays.
  • Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
    Depends, my weekends seem to vary a lot, sometimes they're slow and I don't go out, other times, I'm doing nothing but going out.

This weekend I plan to get my hair cut, clean this condo up, maybe buy a plant or two. Also relax, paint, and watch some movies.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    My weekends are Sunday and Monday but I work from home on Saturday, which is a great and a curse all at the same time.

Sunday is hang out with the wife day, normally we head out catch a movie, do a little shopping and eat out some place nice.
    Monday is me day, I do whatever the hell I want to and I normally wall myself off from the outside world and just relax working on art.
  • JDinges
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JDinges polycounter lvl 18
    I work for a few hours (5-6), then play with my boys.

Pretty much like every day.
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I play with my boys.

Pretty much like every day.

[/ QUOTE ]
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    hahaha, nice interpretation wink.gif
  • Mishra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mishra polycounter lvl 18
    hang out with my girlfriend on saturday
    parctice guitar on sunday
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    These days I'm mainly working on stuff for university...
    Saturday is usually pizza & movie day in our flat, we just pick a movie nobody's seen before, send out for pizza, sit down and enjoy smile.gif
    ...having a projector & good surround-sound system in the living room helps for that... tongue.gif

The rest of the time it's just play/listen to music, look at/do artwork, read a bit, talk to people a bit... maybe go out to the pub sometimes. Same old, same old. Weekends are pretty much the same as weekdays for me - I have no lessons on Mondays or Fridays, so I essentially have a 4-day weekend. Woohoo! laugh.gif
  • thnom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thnom polycounter lvl 18
    I'm usually going out Friday. A month or 2 ago I was drinking on the streets/going to 5-a-sde football on sundays. Now I'm doing college work for the Monday usually.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    I don't have a work week. So everyday is a weekend. So I basically do the same thing everyday. Any chance to go out for a walk, dinner, movie with my lady friend is a quick weekend.
  • flachdrache
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flachdrache polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    ... and go to school several nights a week.

[/ QUOTE ]
    That would be nice. confused.gifcool.gif

Usually i bugfix the crap i broke over the week.
    Sundays are off - gathering, workout (hehehe, dont belive this myself)
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
    wee- wha? what are those?
    i work on the weekends. i'm at work now. i'm in college ... and have missed every weekend party for the last 4 years...

atleast i don't work graveyards anymore. i now can opt to be a pile of human waste the next day. crazy.gif
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I pretty much do everything but art and computer stuff. It's rare that I get on here on the weekends.

oh, and DnD.
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    Every friday night is hooters night. for some reason me and my friends say we'd go every friday for a year back in january, and we haven't missed one yet tongue.gif. after that i go hang out with the woman. the rest of the weekend consists of me hanging out with friends/girlfriend. i don't work on the weekends at all, it's my time off from the week to have some fun smile.gif
  • Kevin Johnstone
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kevin Johnstone polycounter lvl 19
    Take my daughter and wife a walk to the ducks,park do shopping, take them to restaruant, do oddjobs around house, spend time playing with my daughter to give my wife a break.

When they're sleeping, I put my feet up, watch a film with a wee dram or sit beside the window in the bonus room so I can see the trees while I read a book and listen to old music.

I love my weekends and conversely, I expect they sound empty and boring to most as when people ask my plans for the weekend they receive the stock reply ' Spend time with my family'.

That said, I also live for those solitary moments beside the window as that's where I gain time for perspective enough to appreciate what I have smile.gif

r.
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    try to make some music that doesn't suck.
    try being the operative word tongue.gif
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    weird rooster, that's what i'm trying to do right now!

Rorshach: sounds good smile.gif
  • motives
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    motives polycounter lvl 18
    "I go out on Friday night
    And I come home on Saturday morning"

and at occasions, i come home sunday morning smile.gif
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
  • Matabus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Matabus polycounter lvl 19
    Get very drunk. And screw.
  • Chunkey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chunkey polycounter lvl 19
    U usually go shopping, sleep in and watch dvds with my housemates- I spent several months working 7 days a week so I'm trying to remember what I used to do :P

Here's a question for you all;

What would you all prefer to be doing over the weekend?

I would love to be able to drive my car, get hopelessly lost in the Yorkshire Dales and see if I can find some out of the way pubs/restaurants. If I get inspired, paint the countryside either using traditional media or on my powerbook smile.gif

Bloody hell... as little as a year ago, I might have said "go out, get hammered and spend the sunday recovering" lol
  • MikeF
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    MikeF polycounter lvl 19
    I'm usually swamped with college work to finish, traditional animation just takes so long, but i just finished my midterm so it looks like i've got two whole days to listen to a bunch of jazz records i picked up last month but never had a chance to listen to.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    The usual errands and house chores. Aside from that, usually reading a book, watching a movie with the girl, doing art, playing games or spacing out smile.gif
  • Foehammer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Foehammer polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    The usual errands and house chores. Aside from that, usually reading a book, watching a movie with the girl, doing art, playing games or spacing out smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

mmmmm space out.......i usually spend it with the "future wife" go shopping out to dinner and a movie, hang out with my brother and his wife alot, play disc golf, play bass. all that if i'm not at a bar boozin it up!
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    hehe you are all boring. i took loads of lsd and set fire to my local library.

ok thats not true, but i did have a nice meal and a few drinks.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Generally Gail works on the weekends so I have a few hours to myself everyday. Lately, on weekends, I'll go in to work for those hours I have and do some personal work as my machine at work is faster than my home machine.

When we're together we usually go for a drive, go shopping, go to a restaraunt, catch a movie, etc. It's a general thought the two of us have to spend as much time together on weekends that we can. Even though we live together our schedules are so different that its nice to hang out.
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ror you sound like me... and it's a good state to be in.

Must say it's better now than it's ever been.
  • Ninjas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
    Last weekend I went to the in-laws house. This is really relaxing. All I do there is sit back, eat, watch TV and chill. Most weekends I work twelve hour days, just like every other day. I'm freelance, and I work a lot, but I pick projects I like.
  • man_o_mule
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    man_o_mule polycounter lvl 18
    every weekend i do different things. This weekend i spent one full day doing art, and one full day watching Season 1 of Lost on DVD.