Home General Discussion

Is this old?

Dukester
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Dukester polycounter lvl 18
If it is then my apologies frown.gif
I'm sitting here drinking whisky and watching "Squidbillies" (GAWD Squidbillies, AdultSwim is rolling downhill like a snowball headed for hell. 12 OZ. Mouse! Sheesh what shit) and I see an add for a 4 year computer game degree offered by DeVry no less.

Just kinda freaked me out!

http://www.devry.edu/programs/game_and_simulation_programming/about.jsp

Replies

• Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Weiser_Cain polycounter lvl 18
    This commercial's a few months old maybe.
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    EYE can understand wh-EYE you would not EYE-njoy 12 Ounce Mouse, but you have to real-EYES that it is a "stoner" show that der-EYE-ves humor from incoherent absurdity rather than more conventional "jokes." The animation (if you dare call it that) is probably about the shit-EYE-est that has ever been produced, but that is supposed to be part of the charm (also, it's the only way they could get the show made since it is so cheap to make). The creator of the show describes it as a "David Lynch fever-dream, as drawn by an autistic child," which I think is a pretty apt description.

Also, how many episodes have you seen? The episodes actually tie together and follow a single (albeit schizophrenic) storyline. I think it's a cool concept, and even though it's basically a "stoner" show, I think there's something there for sober people to also appreciate (maybe not).

Although I'm willing to admit that 12 Ounce Mouse is pretty much just a stoner show, I think Squidbillies is a great show on it's own. I know I'll probably catch a lot of flak for saying this, but I think it's actually a much better show than Aqua Teen Hunger Force.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    When they do like 40 funny episodes of squidbillies then you can compar it to ATHF =P 12 oz mouse is definately a stoner show but i've yet to watch it high and it still funny on some levels. Im sure it would be HILARIOUS if i was stoned. Oh oh and the replaying of the episode twice tonight but the one version with everything cut and basicly replaced by a 10 minute drum solo = PURE GENIOUS.

On topic i find it funny the way they portray that comercial with the crappy 3d art and stuff, lol.