Home General Discussion

Can you dig it?

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
I got The Warriors game yesterday, and I *AM* impressed. The very initial part is linear, but that seemed to be to stop you getting lost while you got the hang of it.

Its like 3d Double Dragon or Street Of Rage, the combat is solid and chunky, and it feels right. The atmosphere is nice and I loved the intro sequence and how the characters were introduced.

I'd certainly recommend you pick this one up. As for other reviews, they are all hovering around the 85% mark.

Replies

• HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    Meh, It's pretty good. I haven't really gotten anywhere due to the fact that i'm having a little too much fun beating the shit out of hobos, or the random passerby. Though, the fact that I also rented Star Wars BattleFront 2 on the same day may contribute to the fact that i haven't played it all that much....
  • jzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jzero polycounter lvl 18
    Having seen the previews, I was a little let down by the fact that the game characters' faces aren't as expressive as the real actors'. But then, I don't think I would have noticed, if the game cinematics didn't imitate exact scenes from a movie I've seen multiple times.

/jzero
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    It just gets better and better, it is one of the more fun games I've played in a long time, and I think what amkes it is all the little subtle thngs that don't really add to the gameplay that much, but just improve the atmosphere.

One thing I loved is that you can climb over the chain link fences, but if you are running and time it correctly then you sort of leap and propel youself over.

And the unlockables are cool - you can play through the entire game missiosn after mission if you choose, but you get to unlock flashback stories for the gang members, carry out bonus parts ont he missions, these in turn unlock more stuff. And you can build your own multiplayer gang with characters from the game, unlock extra characters for the gang...ach, its jsut really nice and open.
  • rollin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rollin polycounter
    hmm maybe bk i´m not a fan.. but i think its way to brutal.. cool style but to brutal.. sensless brutal..

or is there something "more" than the website leads to suggest?