Home General Discussion

madonna

Ruz
polycount lvl 666
Offline / Send Message
Ruz polycount lvl 666
quite enjoyed her new video. Not a huge fan normally, but this had something quite creative about it.( well apart from her arse)
http://www.warnerreprise.com/qt-ref/madonna_hungupdkaassdlslsdk_ref.mov

Replies

• shotgun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shotgun polycounter lvl 19
    hmm. i'd do her.
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    yeah me too. even if she 48 or something.
    hmm granny madonna what lovely eyes you have
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    she looks nothing like the bushy girl who had those nudes taken 30 years ago. granny indeed. crazy.gif
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    ther is something slighty scary about her in those pink shorts though, or is that just me.
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    Cool track. She's still got it. I've always thought she was incredibly hot.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    I hate music videos, almost as much as madonna. smile.gif
  • Wells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    well this was dissapointing.

to me, it looked a lot like any other music video of the same genre. not my cup of tea.
  • The3DGuy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The3DGuy polycounter lvl 18
    mmm azn girl in skirt..... hawt
  • shotgun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shotgun polycounter lvl 19
    ye ruz, those pink shorts... mmm not sure about that baby,
    why don't you take'em off and we'll see where we go from there hmmm?
  • Ruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    I think she can just about pull that look off, but in ten years time i would have to vomit if she was dressed like that.
  • FunkaDelicDass
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FunkaDelicDass polycounter lvl 18
    That was hot. Cool song too. I've always had a thing for Madonna.
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    hmm so they couldnt think of a cool riff so they ripped it off abba. I don't know, is it creative reinvention or creative cop-out? Methinks the latter. Am I the only one who actually noticed the tune anyway :}. Madonna's still hot but not the hottest by a long shot. Gimme Rachel Stephens over Madonna any day tongue.gif
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    was a decent vid, co worker showed me this one you may dig http://www.ne-o.co.uk/main.swf works > futureshock and view clip
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    hipness by checklist:

80's nostalgia? check!
    free running? check!
    latest dance styles? check!
    fucking DDR reference? check!

pretty baldly calculated. i'd be able to enjoy the excellent production if i couldn't her the echo of her fake british accent... and the video's well put together as well, but Madonna looks pretty laughable. don't get me wrong, she still looks very trim and incredibly attractive for her age. .. but though she may not look like a grandma, she sure moves like one. her slow-mo humping the boombox bit at the end of the vid almost had me in dry heaves smile.gif
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    haha awesome. So you liked it then gauss? ;-p

Is it really a 'fake' British accent though? Ritchie and her have been together for some time. Obviously she is surrounded by Brits and some people are more prone to accents rubbing off on them than others. I've been in California some years now, and my accent is definitely confused. It's like some messed up cockney californian hybrid. Never at any point did I 'plan' that smile.gif You subconcsciously find yourself speaking like the natives to be more easily understood I suppose.

She's definitely one of those stars that you either love or hate, but as you said, nay bad for 48.

Thread derailment warning ( blame gauss, he got me thinking about accents ;-P ) :

I heard an interview with Christian Bale on NPR the other day, in which he sounded totally like a mid western newsreader. The bloke's from Wales for christs sake! When questioned about it by Terry Gross, his answer was that Batman is an all American cultural icon, and that he didn't want to throw Americans into confusion by speaking in his native tongue so chose to keep the accent! Odd!
  • jzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jzero polycounter lvl 18
    When most ppl listen to that song, they may be thinking 80s or Abba, but I think the true musical swipe is from muh-fuh'n Jean-Michel Jarre. (Equinoxe, pts 4-7, for example) Cool, though.

Madonna has definitely kept her body tight over the years, but it keeps... getting... tighter...! Her ass is nice, but enjoy it before it disappears completely in 2010.

/jzero
  • Scott Ruggels
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scott Ruggels polycounter lvl 18
    The bass line is almost the same buzz as New Order's "Blue Monday". I liked it, though it was a little bland. I like 80's music a lot (currently listening to early Art of Noise), btu this was just.. kinda bland. The others were good dancers. As for Madonna Yeah... I'd do her.

Scott
  • sledgy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sledgy polycounter lvl 18
    I wonder who does her ass makeup. Not a cellulose ridge or a vericose vein to be seen anywhere! Very "Death Becomes Her"
  • Dukester
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dukester polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    hmm so they couldnt think of a cool riff so they ripped it off abba. Methinks the latter. Am I the only one who actually noticed the tune anyway

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope your not the only one wink.gif
    The intro and background is note for note (and I would even venture to say (confidently) it's a sample) of the ABBA song "Gimme Gimme Gimme (A Man After Midnight)"
    Am I embarrassed to say I know that. No. Because I'm getting old enough not to give a shit about what other people think of the music I like laugh.gif

But, yes, I would say it is a direct sampling off of the ABBA tune.

There's not a soul out there, dun dun dun dun dun
    No one to hear my prayer, dun dun dun dun dun
    wink.gif
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    It's a sample. Madonna asked ABBA for permission. Google reveals all.
  • Dukester
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dukester polycounter lvl 18
    That's why we keep you around here Verm!
    I'm not gonna Google that shit when I know you'll do it for me smile.gif

(btw, your Bengals and Palmer are helping me to become a Fantasy Football Badass) smile.gif
  • _Shimmer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    _Shimmer polycounter lvl 18
    my browser crashed when trying to load the vid.

Seems like my browser hates her like I do...
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    Daz: fair point about the accent, but i'm a little more suspect when it comes to Madonna because she's staked her whole career on being a chameleon in various ways--mostly fashion-wise, but her duplicity extends to other portions of her life as well. I guess I wouldn't be suspicious of her adopting a british accent if it wasn't just like her to smile.gif

sledgy: great call, it does indeed give you a 'death becomes her' kind of vibe. fuck this culture and its obsession with youth, both mentally and physically. we all get older and we all die, i think we'd do better to acknowledge that more openly. not that i have a problem with Madonna not looking her age... but can't she at least act her age a little?