Home Technical Talk

MAX 8 Keyboard Shortcut help

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
FAT_CAP polycounter lvl 18
Does anybody know why, if I have the EDIT UVW window open in MAX 8, if I select a group of points and go to detach them by pressing D - the main interface is picking this up instead of the UVW window. So if I press D which should detach my selection, it is actually Disabling/ Enabling my viewport behind?

I thought it might be the "Keyboard Shortcut Toggle Override" button bein pressed but it still happens whether it is on or off.

Replies

• arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
    D works fine for me in max 8, just tried it.. but you can also press ctrl D.. it does the same thing..
  • FAT_CAP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ah - no sorry... I didnt explain myself very well.

Its that NONE of the context sensitive shortcuts in the UVW editor window work...they still affect the main viewport window behind. I was just using the D key as an example.
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
    hmm i would try it again.. goto the toolbars panel and unhide the extras toolbar.. make sure the overide button is "hilighted" in yellow.. if that dosent work.. make sure it is hilighted save and restart max..
  • FAT_CAP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gah...it worked!!! I wonder what the **** happened there - very strange. I wasted a whole lunch hour manually detaching faces by using the menu and having to target weld the same way!

Thanks for your quick help Arsh smile.gif - I'll know who to bug next time I try setting up my MAX keyboard shortcuts again wink.gif