Home General Discussion

My NEW Truck

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
Yep. And 0 emissions also. Ha Ha. I couldn't resist. laugh.gif

Other than the color choices..
Still, should be easy to see on the track.
20finished.jpg
22.jpg
21.jpg

Finally the goodies.
topdown.jpg

Electronics:
-Mamba 25
-Hitec 81MGs
-Hitec HIS-03MK FM Receiver
-Thunder Power 1320 mah Pro Lite 2 cell lithium polymer.
-Brushless Motor

Upgrades:
-c2+ Aluminum Spur Gear retainer.
-Acer Racing Carbide Diff and Thrust Balls.

Ouhhh... Auhhhhh.... wink.gif

Replies

• Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Weiser_Cain polycounter lvl 18
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    well you got that built pretty quick there Oxy--i know you were looking forward to that kit coming in smile.gif
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    coool. Those trucks are awesome. I've seen some other guys locally driving those. They've definitely improved the suspensions since I had a RC Car. I miss having one :/
  • Nerd Groupie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nerd Groupie polycounter lvl 18
    The roommate has a T-Maxx, that thing is so freakin annoying. But glad you like yours! smile.gif
  • Sean McBride
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sean McBride polycounter lvl 18
    haha thats awesome. Man i've been out of the RC game so long this makes me want to get back in again.

Then again I did go to the RC shop to look around at the kits they had ... amazingly disgusted with the prices here. Apparently its cheeper to order a kit where the car comes built than it is to order a kit? Whats with that? BLEH!

Anyway! Looks like alot of fun. smile.gif
  • Soul_Reaper
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Soul_Reaper polycounter lvl 18
    I can see you're going to have a lot of fun with that.

If I had some spare cash I'd definitely love to get an RC car.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    Hmm.. me thinks from some of the responses the size is being misjudged. wink.gif
    sizecomparison.jpg

n30g3n3s1s: Those RTR are cheaper because they dont come with as good as equipment, and there build quality can vary. You still get what you pay for.
  • Sean McBride
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sean McBride polycounter lvl 18
    ah hah, smile.gif I'll have to go dust off my car and get some shots of it. That truck is tiny!

Yeah, the RTR kits are cheaper but its... like a Ricer in real street racing... they dont want to dump much money and what they do dump they spend it on stupid crap. I just can't dump 800 into a RC car when my real car has problems of its own! laugh.gif

Get some pics of you racing it on a local track. Looks hot!
  • Major Clod
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Major Clod polycounter lvl 18
    Very nice, I'm really liking these 1/18th scale cars. If my local track had an interest in racing them I'd be all for it.

I used to race 1/10 electric offroad a few years ago and I've just recently got back into RC's. I just bought a Traxxas Revo truck, as my local tracks seem to be getting right into racing nitro trucks. RC is great fun but so damn expensive!
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    i was into 1/10th scale nitro rc cars before college, and right before i had to stop (school and no $), i built up this little baddy..
    rc.jpg
    never been run.. at all. want to sell it and the old parts off sometime, and i think if i ever get into the rc car stuff again, i'm gonna go with a large electric dune buggy... all terrain capabilities combined with not having an expensive engine to maintain is much better than having to carefully navigate a low-slung rocket.
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    oxy: but what if you have giant feet?? we have no objective scale reference at all! laugh.gif
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    lol, yeah, I was thinking bigger. Do you always frame things to make them look bigger? wink.gif