Home General Discussion

Topher Grace= Venom

Replies

• nitzmoff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nitzmoff polycounter lvl 18
    I may be wrong, but didn't JJJ yell at a Brock in S2? It was only for a second, but I thought we saw a guy as Brock in the background...
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    Dont think he was on screen long enough to get a good vivid image, if Harvey Dent was a black man in batman 1 and 2 and a white guy at 3 i imagine this wouldnt be a big issue.

but man foreman from that 70's show..
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    Supposedly he's beefing up for it, so who knows. I trust these guys. They've been doing an awesome job so far with the character choices.
  • Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr polycounter lvl 18
    he wasn't on screen that i recall. only JJJ telling a guy to tell brock something about get better photos or he's fired or something...

i'm dissappointed that the film won't be about Harry as the Green Goblin. i don't know if they will be able to keep the momentum of the first two movies going long enough to wrap up all the plot threads.
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    Im not worried. The 2 actors (Topher grace & Thomas Hayden Church) will need to beef up considerably though as the characters they are portraying were both huge muscle-men.

I really wonder how they are going to handle the Venom origin, as they really dont have enough time for his & sandman in a 2 hr movie.
  • LHurtado
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LHurtado polycounter lvl 17
    It won't matter how beefy Topher Grace will be. Venom is going to be fully CG anyway. I believe he'll be able to pull it off. Let's give him a chance.
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    this hurts me to read... i wanted a totaly diffrent actor for brock, someone older, more buff, more screwed over looking. Topher is neither of those. Though with red hair he could be someone else... say the child of venom. Someone who looks more like brock would be the guy who playes sawyer in lost.
    I would also have wished that he wouldnt bring in venom into this movie, only the symbiote and its time on parker. This is what i'm really hoping for.
    JJJ comes back with it. Sandman is the main vilan and is hired by harry to kill spiderman. Parker uses the symbiote to kick sandmans ass and in the end kills him because of the symbiote. He gets rid of it and brock finds it at the end. While at the same time harry looses any love for parker and by the end of the movie decides to become the hobgoblin. This way we get to see venom, back spidy, sandman, and hoby while not fucking shit up time line wise too badly.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    "Someone who looks more like brock would be the guy who playes sawyer in lost."

Good choice. I think he'd make a great Brock
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    I love the fact the venom is in it. Dont really like Brock's actor. He doesnt look like much of a tough guy.... I dont really think the movie needs sandman either... Dual villains never seems like a great idea to me.

However, Im betting I'll enjoy the movie thoroughly.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've always loved the spiderman series and the movies haven't disappointed so far. My other favs are Batman and Superman. Unfortunately, the new Superman is looking extremely gay.
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    Anyone else think grace would be a good choice for carnage? just make him toned way up so he looses any baby fat but still remains skinny.
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    I think they wanted someone around Toby's height/build for Venom for some reason, even though Brock was pretty much a meat head. Still, as has been pointed out, they did an awesome job with the first two so I trust them on this one.
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    eddie_peter.jpg

ultimate spider-man version of eddie brock and peter, similar height and build.

they'll probably be using this version of venom/eddie, it doesn't involve aliens, or going to the moon, it's another science gone bad villain, same theme from the last two movies.

and that black flask? that's venom.
  • nitzmoff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nitzmoff polycounter lvl 18
    Raimi notoriously hates the Venom character. He's probably going to do something different with him to spice it up. I'm expecting a bit of a change from the usual Venom.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I may be wrong, but didn't JJJ yell at a Brock in S2? It was only for a second, but I thought we saw a guy as Brock in the background...

[/ QUOTE ]That'd be Hoffman, played by Ted Raimi. I was kinda hoping he was going to be Venom when I first saw the movie because Ted Raimi is tres awesomahj
  • Soul_Reaper
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Soul_Reaper polycounter lvl 18
    I'm sure Spiderman 3 will be just as good as the first 2.

But the question on my mind is who will Bruce Campbell play this time?
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    my random guess work.. since anyone witha brain knows that they will not do the secret wars origin for venom, since it was pretty much the single gayest point in comics history, i'm guessing the venom suit will be a weapong being designed by the military for a living combat suit, designed to make soldiers faster and stronger, with enhanced reflexes (they already set up the story for these experiments with the green goblin origin) the venom suit will be made by oz corp, or more likely one of the competing firms mentioned in the first movie.. eddie brock in an atempt to show up parker who is always out scooping him on everything spidey related (cause parker is a fucking cheater!) will break into the venom labs, to get pics and a awesome news story to make him famous, while inside he finds out that they are using humans as guini pigs in their testing to make a "living suit" brock gets critical info on the project and starts to head out, where he gets spotted by guards, he gets severely wounded but manags to ditch the guards by ducking into a side room. this is where he finds the suit, the suit senses that brock is wounded, and merges with him, saving his life, and creating venom. who tussles with spidey a few times before both of them team up to bring down the military instilation and stop all the badness YAYYY the end

(oh yeah, sand man shows up in the opening before the credits in an opening action sequence with spidey and is defeated before teh credits even role!
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    Thats a pretty interesting guess mojo, but I've gotta ask, have you read the Ultimate Spiderman comics? I expect they'll follow that story, at least partly.

It'll go something like, Parkers father was trying to make a cure for cancer, and the venom suit was his incomplete creation. Brock's father had been working with Parker's father on this project by the way. Parker breaks into the lab, steals the suit and more shit happens after that but frankly I dont want to recap the whole blooy thing.

I still just cant believe that fucking kid from That 70's show is gonna be venom... I guess they're trying to go with the whole "dark peter" thing... cause he does look a lot like peter's actor. Might as well have chosen Topher for the fucking Rhino..
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    nope havent read any of that, i just doubt they would let the suit and peter ever join in the movie, just my feilings. were the dock ock and green goblin changes in the movie in line withe the ultimate universe?
  • Marine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Marine polycounter lvl 18
    green goblin was pretty close, he got his powers from a serum designed to create super soldiers too. then again, practically everyone with powers in the ultimate comics got their powers from some super soldier thing, captain america, spider-man, sandman, hulk, black widow...

doc ock was working with osborn on the project which gave green goblin and spider-man their powers. the arms got welded on to him during an accident when osborn got his powers.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Hm. I'm not really up on the story, but the Venom Symbiant was originally written as an alien, yeah? Would it be too much of a stretch to have the thing having hitched a ride to earth on Astronaut Jameson's space shuttle? That seeems like a logical simplification to me.
  • Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr polycounter lvl 18
    i don't know... introducing aliens is stretching the world they've created in the movies. it would be much more logical to the movie world for the symbiote to be genetically engineered.

in the comics it had been established many years before that aliens existed in the Marvel Universe and fighting villians on other worlds was a common occurance for everyone from the Avengers to the Fantastic Four to the X-Men. Spiderman appeared in all of these series and even as a member of the teams.

the Spiderman movie-verse has already established 3 scientific experiments gone wrong. a 4th would be easily accepted. with an alien symbiote you have to explain where it came from. is it part of a race? are we alone? is there intelligent life out there? how many worlds have civilizations similar to ours? verses it was created in a lab as a means to cure cancer but it escaped and bonded itself to a villian.