Home General Discussion

question about quake4

polycount sponsor
Offline / Send Message
malcolm polycount sponsor
Just wondering if anyone knows if quake4 will have a robust single player mode like doom3 did? If you can call their single player robust, but you get the idea. Or will quake4 be strictly fast paced arcade multiplayer only? Also the other quake4 dark territory is that one a bf2 clone?

Replies

• Mongrelman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
    From what I have read and the vids I've seen (download the quakecon video) it will have strong single player which will play sort of like quake 2, but a fast multiplayer which will play like quake 3.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, what Lupus said - it's definitely not going to like Quake 3 (all multiplayer, no storyline). Looks like it'll be along the lines of Quake 2 as far as single-player goes, make of that what you will.
  • cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    Quake 4 will be very similar to Quake 2. It will feature a fairly solid single player like Doom3, and a strong multiplayer. There are videos of this (not sure the URLs right now), but from what I've seen it all looks pretty good. Really more of the same, but that's what we want, right? smile.gif
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    I hope they keep the less linear level design of the older games instead of going with the one-large-corridor design Doom 3 used.