Home Technical Talk

Unwrap3D to get peltmapping

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Snowfly polycounter lvl 18
LithUnwrap's 50$ big brother is getting a nice new addition to its already impressive feature set.

www.unwrap3d.com

Replies

• KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    Because it's emarrassing to have your paid-for product offer fewer features than the opensource competition?
  • Snowfly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snowfly polycounter lvl 18
    the one with the revolutionary user interface? smile.gif no they aren't competition.
  • CrazyButcher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CrazyButcher polycounter lvl 18
    they offer a lot of features so, and being opensource its extremely helpful to see feature implementations. atm I am exactly doing that working to get the unwrapper from it to max.

after all it's "just" the awful ui of blender, that stops it from being a lot more useable, and I think that is something that will not prevail..., ie if that obstacle is pushed away it can really be extremely worthy.
    wings3d is quite nice and opensource too, but unfortunately written in a non standard language, hence I doubt it will see the feature richness blender has.

to bad most people would just straight warez max,maya and alike, instead of generating more pressure on the blender devs so that a ui overhaul would be done... or lets say different ui modes... but for now it feels just like the product of coders without much artist experience.