Home› General Discussion

Nintendogs!

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
nitzmoff polycounter lvl 18
I'm probably the only one on the board who picked this 'game' up. It's a really remarkable piece of software, especially if you've ever owned a dog. They're quite life-like and respond to you in much the same way a real pooch would.

It's a nice novelty item, something to have on hand to mess around with for a few minutes at a time.

Replies

• JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    i was about to buy it when i saw Advanced wars dual strike.
  • FunkaDelicDass
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FunkaDelicDass polycounter lvl 18
    I know, this and Advance Wars released on the same day. That's it, I'm gonna have to pick up a DS.
  • Foehammer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Foehammer polycounter lvl 18
    i regret getting rid of my ds, i wanted it solely for the new advanced wars, i am enjoying the psp still, but advanced wars was such a good game, i hope fire emblem gets the same treatment on the ds, and i hear that Blizzard is considering doing a starcraft for the DS, I may have to get another one
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    I picked this up. Actually my wife did. I haven't been able to try it yet though. She seems to really like it. I'm more excited about Advance Wars though, rts seems really suited for the DS.
  • jzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jzero polycounter lvl 18
    Does the Nintendog poop in the house where it shouldn't and take three weeks to realize that you want it to poop outside? Does the DS cartridge have a special smell module for the dog poop?

Thanks, but I already have one of those. NOT a simulator. Not my idea, either.

/jzero
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    Mythic ent is full of people playing nintendogs.. its creepy, i played a co workers for a second, threw the frisbee for the dog, looks like a really cute innovative game, that i would play for about 2 days then never feel the urge to touch again, .. can't even make them fight
  • ming
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ming polycounter lvl 18
    I got a Japanese copy when it came out in Japan got sick of it and I just started playing it again. I put way too much time into the game already as it is frown.gif. 12,000 owners points worth.

I just hope I can link up with the US copy of the game. Probably not though but I'm going to try. Linking up with other people's dogs is way too cute.

Also yea I can't wait till I get my copy of Advance Wars smile.gif and the recent DS price drop to $130 is good news for those who don't have one yet.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    My wife is playing, she loves it and hates it all in the same breath.
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    Been playing advanced war,fun fun and addictive i might pick up a copy of nintendogs for the 10 flight

i cant wait to see if they make the rip off called nintencats,most of the time the game would be watching the cat sit around and do jack shit
  • nitzmoff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks, but I'll hold out for NintenC.H.U.D.s
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    Bah, I've recently picked up katamari Damacy...best sleep thief ever.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    I"m seriously losing faith in Nintendo. A dog simulator? MORE Mario Kart? Give me a break.

The best game I've played on the DS has been the old school game collection (missle command, etc).
  • Keg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keg polycounter lvl 18
    Vassago: I gotta agree with ya a bit. In my opinion they dropped the ball with the ds wth having no good games until recently (advance wars) other than say mario 64. Then there's the gba micro, which well... seems pointless as I love the sp nice and small plus the screen is automatically protected when closed.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    I"m seriously losing faith in Nintendo. A dog simulator?

Why not? It seems to be one of the better pet simulations.

The best game I've played on the DS has been the old school game collection

I sense a severe lack of "Kirby: Canvas Curse".
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Well, pet simulations aren't my thing. But I suppose it looks better than pokimon or similar.

Kirby is okay, but it's just not my thing.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    Pokemon isn't a pet simulation, it's an RPG with a rather unusual method of getting party members and a bad storyline. Pet simulations would be Tamagochi or Catz/Dogz or if you count it Creatures.

If you don't like Kirby, is Meteos a game for you?
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The whole "Touching" add campaign kinda weirded me out.
  • nitzmoff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, hate to start a war, but both the DS and PSP are big time dissapaointments software-wise in my opinion. But while the DS has a smaller selection of truly innovative games, the PSP had a crummy launch lineup and now nothing but movies.

I think the Big N has been in limbo for quite sometime, but the Revolution *may* just help everyone remember just what games can be. I don't think everything on the market in a few years needs to have the stank of 'next gen' on it.

Personally, new methods of rendering the same tired game concepts are not next gen to me. Using bizzare methods of controlling a character, voice recognition, stylus interaction, and innovative gameplay concepts are for me... even if I must bite the bullet and do it all via the help of a portly plumber.
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Personally, new methods of rendering the same tired game concepts are not next gen to me. Using bizzare methods of controlling a character, voice recognition, stylus interaction, and innovative gameplay concepts are for me... even if I must bite the bullet and do it all via the help of a portly plumber.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said.

I wanna play with the Nintendogs. frown.gif
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    The whole "Touching" add campaign kinda weirded me out.

[/ QUOTE ]
    i loved the bit in the tvspot where he pushes the poop back up into the dog. Pure brilliance!
  • KMan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KMan polycounter lvl 18
    omg. look what my dog Blondi found!
    blondi01.jpg
    He looks straight out of Miami Vice.
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Though, that game does look pretty cool. I would have a chihuahua, or a welsh corgi.
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    Nice KMan. My wife's dog tends to eat trash on walks instead of finding pimp glasses.