Home› General Discussion

Wow people send this guy money?

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
JO420 polycounter lvl 18
http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/08/23/robertson.chavez/index.html

I dont recall in bible school Jesus saying anything about assainating your enemies.

Dont recall the priests at my church ever suggesting "we take someone out"

is this guy ordained by any chance?

also didnt think people were still afraid of "communist infiltration"

Same guy who suggested we nuke the State Dept.

Replies

• jzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jzero polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, and many will blame religion instead of Robertson's shriveled brain for all his bile. It's clear that Brother Pat is a friend of Big Oil. No surprise there.

And of course, you can't expect him to get any facts straight about Islam in the first place, because he doesn't think it's a valid religion anyway. For him, only American Protestant Christian Evangelism is a valid religion. That means I'm out, too, and I'm a Methodist.

But my favorite is his laughable assumption that Communism and Islamic extremism are going to buddy up down in Central America. Was he not paying attention to Afghanistan in the 80s? Communism kind of has a thing against religion in the first place...

So yeah, Pat Robertson fits my profiling for 'false prophet'. tongue.gif And a self-serving fear-monger.

/jzero
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    I dont blame religon,just the people who think tis guy represents god and vote based on his views.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    So yeah, Pat Robertson fits my profiling for 'false prophet'.

So, who's the beast he's trying to make us worship?

Besides, isn't it a felony to publicly demand someone be murdered?
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    Pat Robertson is one of the few public figures that I'd take a baseball to if I saw them in public. It scares me how large a following he has.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well, Adolf Hitler had a pretty large following, too.
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    Venezuela Responds

Good job Pat, you repulsive, dispicable, disgusting, loathsome, pathetic excuse for a human being, you managed to stir up some shit.

**Venezuela's vice president accused religious broadcaster Pat Robertson on Tuesday of making "terrorist statements" by suggesting that American agents assassinate President Hugo Chavez.

Vice President Jose Vicente Rangel said Venezuela was studying its legal options, adding that how Washington responds to Robertson's comments would put its anti-terrorism policy to the test.

"The ball is in the U.S. court, after this criminal statement by a citizen of that country," Rangel told reporters. "It's huge hypocrisy to maintain this discourse against terrorism and at the same time, in the heart of that country, there are entirely terrorist statements like those."

[...]

Rangel called Robertson "a man who seems to have quite a bit of influence in that country," adding sarcastically that his words were "very Christian."

The comments "reveal that religious fundamentalism is one of the great problems facing humanity in these times," Rangel said.**

I couldn't agree more with that last statement.
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    yes, fundamentalism, be it christian, islamic, or otherwise, is fundamentally misguided.
  • Sett
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sett polycounter lvl 18
    jzero - he's got you figgured out -"You say you're supposed to be nice to the Episcopalians and the Presbyterians and the Methodists and this, that, and the other thing. Nonsense. I don't have to be nice to the spirit of the Antichrist."

More wisdom from the man:

http://www.positiveatheism.org/hist/quotes/revpat.htm
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    Sounds more like Douchebaggery to me rather then fundamentalisim.

the just seem like financially motivated comments rather than religon
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nonsense. I don't have to be nice to the spirit of the Antichrist.

Did he even read the Bible? Yes, you ARE supposed to be nice to your enemy! You cannot say you are following the teachings of Jesus and you hate your enemy, that's a contradiction. Of course, there's enough doublethink in the world that noone objects, just as noone objects to the idea of Fundamentalist Communists or Liberal Communism.

Fundamentalism is just another form of few doing the thinking for the masses, the oligarchy of the mind. People who outsource their thinking are dangerous because their thinkers might decide that they should attack this or wage war against that.
  • jzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jzero polycounter lvl 18
    Ahh, so Pat Robertson is officially a terrorist in Venezuela. Yay! The playing field is leveled at last!

KDR, sure Pat reads the Bible. Parts of it, anyway. And they all say exactly what he thinks they say. The Beast he wants us to worship is his brand of fundamentalism, the Christian Coalition's style.

Sett: I'm going to have the leave it to The Man Upstairs to decide who's right on the religion thing. Can't wait to meet up with Pat!

"You wanna talk to God? Let's go see him right now!" -- I. Jones

/jzero
  • Nerd Groupie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nerd Groupie polycounter lvl 18
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    "State Department spokesman Sean McCormack said Tuesday that Robertson has the right of any private citizen to say whatever he wants..."

that really bothers me, but is it really a problem unless he acts upon it? It sounds like this old fuck just hates people who dont kiss his shoes, and talks about it a little too much. Its embarassing he made such a comment... but what are you going to do? He can "say anything he wants."

But im sure if the KKK started spouting out at their rallies that they were going to kill some non-white leaders someone would be smacked around in a prison.

i honestly dont see it as a religion thing at all, he's just an old man with old beliefs. fuck him though, if he really wants to ruin the world for his, and his followers grandchildren, whatever, he can say what he wants.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Eh, you're not free to say "I'm offering ten bucks for Dubya's head" because that's "conspiracy to murder the president". Or even say "God will reveal himself in a burning bush" when the POTUS is in town (35 months jailtime for that!).
  • Ozymandias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ozymandias polycounter lvl 18
    Pat Robertson is a raving psycho, and he is a terrorist to some degree, the same as Dubya. Dubya said God told him to invade Iraq...Jihad? Pat Robertson has prayed on tv for more vacancies in the Supreme Court, which has a lifetime appointment, so in effect he has asked God to kill some members of the supreme court. Religious fanaticism is an evil no matter which religion it is. I can only hope at least some people are wise enough to be turned away by his obvious lunacy.
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/08/24/robertson.chavez/index.html

lol now he said "take him out" didnt mean to kill him,but instead to kidnap a head of state of a sovereign nation,thats much better
  • Badge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Badge polycounter lvl 18
    So how does Bush feel about this guy? Is he gonna spend 30 million bucks to send troops to his broadcast HQ? or is he gonna go for a another bike ride and some tv and a nap?
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    or is he gonna go for a another bike ride and some tv and a nap?

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently that's exactly what he decided to do. After his recent vacation in Crawford, Texas, he decided to take another vacation in Idaho.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/08/24/opinio...fMaureen%20Dowd

"W. vacationed so hard in Texas he got bushed. He needed a vacation from his vacation."

Although, once the latest approval polls came out (which continue to drop), he did take a brief break from his vacation vacation to give a couple speeches... you know, the regular "Iraq, 9/11, terrorism, 9/11, stay the course, resolve, courage, 9/11, terrorism" type of speech.
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    this whole thing is retarded, a nut on tv said something mean about someone else, big freaking deal,
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    "W. vacationed so hard in Texas he got bushed. He needed a vacation from his vacation."

[/ QUOTE ]

He left the ranch actually to try to escape having Cindy Crawford and Camp Casey parked outside his door. Where the media had no choice but to see them. Now he his gone, the media will follow like good little lap dogs.
  • Toomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toomas polycounter lvl 18
    He is useing religion for what it was invented for. Its a crowd control device afterall.
  • Noisybast
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Noisybast polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    He has suggested in the past that a meteor could strike Florida because of unofficial "Gay Days" at Disney World, and that feminism caused women to kill their children, practice witchcraft and become lesbians.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa! What a guy!