Home General Discussion

NEW CAR

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
JUST GOT A SWEET NORDIC GREEN RX-8 .MOON ROOF, BOSE AUDIO, INDASH NAV SYSTEM, DVD PLAYER, FREAKIN AWESOME I GO DRIVE NOW! I LOVE YOU BYE BYE

Replies

• Moz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Moz polycounter lvl 18
    I guess atleast its not a stupid H2
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    Whats the mpg?
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    Fuck right!

Get a badass car and enjoy yourself laugh.gif

congrats
  • peanut™
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    peanut™ polycounter lvl 19
    Its not a Car thread if there aint no pics to back it up!

post some pics !!!! laugh.gif
  • PaK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PaK polycounter lvl 18
    Nice, i'm a huge fan of the mazda rotary engine.

I cant wait to get a car. I have all these options, but a car seems like mt fav one. I've never owned a car.

Does anyone know or has heard of insuring a car in california for infrequent use? Like weekends only or something like that? I live so close to work that I don't need to drive a car everyday, but I want one cuz it's so hard to get anywhere in California without one.

-R
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    Nice! How come you didn't say anything about it earlier?
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Nice, i'm a huge fan of the mazda rotary engine.

I cant wait to get a car. I have all these options, but a car seems like mt fav one. I've never owned a car.

Does anyone know or has heard of insuring a car in california for infrequent use? Like weekends only or something like that? I live so close to work that I don't need to drive a car everyday, but I want one cuz it's so hard to get anywhere in California without one.

-R

[/ QUOTE ]

i think you can get a cheap insurance rate if you only drive "X" number of miles per year...
    and yah, if you're not right next to where you need to be in CA, a car's a must...
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    astro.. as retarded as this sounds.. the car was a total impulse buy.. i saw one at lunch today and i comented on how i have been wanting one for a while,

i went home and was just sitting around, and decided to go to the car lot and see what the lots price was compaired to the msrp. turned out they had a nice 2004 there that someone only put 9k miles on it and it was still in pristine shape, i just talked to the nice salesman, gave them my old clunky saturn, and drove off in a sweet ride.. was CRAZY
  • peanut™
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    peanut™ polycounter lvl 19
    [ QUOTE ]
    i just talked to the nice salesman, gave them my old clunky saturn, and drove off in a sweet ride.. was CRAZY

[/ QUOTE ]

So basicly you drove to a car dealer and committed a felony by stealing one of their cars in the driveway and leaving yours behind in a haste.

hehe! congrats i know the feeling.
  • Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    Bah RX-8...
    I want a Lexus IS300 5-speed =D

Hmm Buyout/Finace/or Lease?

Don't have too much fun, like carrining off a cliff like some dumbass in video I saw smile.gif
  • Cannon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cannon polycounter lvl 18
    wooh nice pickup

im a big fan of rotaries myself, heres to it not breaking down on you after the warranty expires though...maintenance costs on rotaries are massive on the older rx-7s

its a mazda though...gonna last for a long time (my mother's old mazda ran for 250k miles)
  • sal_manilla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sal_manilla polycounter lvl 18
    Sweet ride, dood. I like the RX-7, too. Kick-ass!! smile.gif
  • Raven
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Raven polycounter lvl 18
    driving5_preview.jpg

Looks butt ugly imo, but then I'm never been a fan of Mazda. Always seemed like the cheap Malaysian alternative, that said has anyone noticed thier prices recent?

They start at £14,000 now, which is just ridiculous when other manufacturers are retailing the similar range cars for £10-11,000.

I mean this particular car starts at £20,000.. to be honest for that price I'd personally buy a Saab 9-5. They perform far better, look better, more comfortable.

Not sure what the heck it is about this 'rotatry' engine either. I mean it has the same output as a standard piston, what's the big deal. Your not gonna be driving along watching the engine from the front to see the rotatry in action. It's not really quiter. Not more powerful. : shrugs :
  • Toomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toomas polycounter lvl 18
    Technically it is more powerful, you know its 1.3l naturali aspirated engine that puts out over 200hp, right?
    On the other hand BMW 535d beat it on Top Gear test track.
  • sledgy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sledgy polycounter lvl 18
    Congrats Rhino...sweet, sweet ride.

The rotary has fewer moving parts so they wear out far less quickly than a V-type motor. They can generate some insanely high rpm's and higher rpm = more torque. It's just an overall better design in an engine. I've driven (not owned!) a few high performance cars including a Diablo and a Viper and this one is definitely no slouch by comparison for the money.
  • Toomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yes there are fewer parts to wear out but Mazda rotorys are notorious for overheating (that can cause some serious damage).
    Anyways rotory engines are not widely used because they tend to pollute much more than ottos (current Mazda rotorys burn the fuel twice or something to pass emission).
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    heh raven a rotary is completely different from a traditional piston motor... you need to do some research before you claim that it's a lousy car... it's not a rx-7 successor but surely it can outdo your fwd saabs.

rx-8 is quite a nice car, seats 4 in decent comfort, low displacement lightweight free revving motor with high end hp output + low torque for major driving fun, great weight distribution...

and mazda's hardly a cheap malaysan alternative, they still assemble their cars in japan which is more than i can say for a lot of current japanese marks.

besides the legendary fd and fc are world renowned sports cars as well as miata the most popular roadster of hte planet.

i is not my most fav car but it's still a good vehicle, besides it's quite competitively priced i think considering the competition, the 350z/g35, mustang etc

nice buy mojo, you're sure to have plenty of fun, sadly it's not a standard frown.gif
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    well managed to snap a pic this morning before it started pouring rain, rx8.jpg

i can't believe how well this thing drives, its weird that i'm actualy having trouble sometimes with it because i'm used to my saturn which was no where near as nice as this car, i nearly ran right over the back of a van at a redlight, it turned green and i pressed the gas like i am used to, and almost crashed good. i'm getting used to it now tho,

bit dark rx8-1.jpg

Raven, you know most important, this is the car I wanted! when you get your saab you can make a nice post about it
  • nealb4me
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nealb4me polycounter lvl 18
    Now you just need a phat bodykit and some neons and you're good to go laugh.gif j/k
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    Noice!
    I have a 2001 MX5 Miata myself. Ive found that I like the Mazda's quite a bit. They hold their value well, mine has been a performance champ, and nothing has failed yet (unless you count headlight bulbs).
    Plus, its just about the cheapest convertable money can buy! smile.gif
  • Dukester
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dukester polycounter lvl 18
  • ming
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ming polycounter lvl 18
    Mojo that is great! I also want a rotary...in particular an FC (2nd generation) RX-7.

An RX-8 would be hot too!
  • sinistergfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sinistergfx polycounter lvl 18
    That's a good color for that car.

Cool stuff mojo!
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ming baby, you free to come to the east coast and cruise around with me wink.gif
  • Raven
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Raven polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    heh raven a rotary is completely different from a traditional piston motor... you need to do some research before you claim that it's a lousy car... it's not a rx-7 successor but surely it can outdo your fwd saabs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said anything of the kind.
    What I said what I believe the car is ugly, and I don't understand what is so special about the Mazda Engine.

As far as the power goes, and being about to out-perform a Saab 9-5. Not a chance.

[ QUOTE ]
    rx-8 is quite a nice car, seats 4 in decent comfort, low displacement lightweight free revving motor with high end hp output + low torque for major driving fun, great weight distribution...

[/ QUOTE ]

The Saab is designed around comfort, performance and safety. It will happily seat 5 normal sized adults (very) comfortably. As far as the second part of your statements goes, I'm not entirely what the heck that is suppose to mean.

"great weight distribution" .. yeah show me a sports car that isn't designed around optimising the engines position, size and design specifically so that it balances the car.

Just for reference by the way, all Saabs are AWD now; with hint steering, something that allows the rear wells to help shorten the turning circle of the car. It also has stability control allowing the engine to apply breaking, and steering in order to keep the cars stability on all four wheels as best as possible, which includes anti-skid technology. This is all of-course on-top of a chassis built around over 25years of aircraft design for performance and maneouverability. It has a highly aerodynamic body that is capable of lowering wind resistances from any angle the car would currently be moving in. As such the body also hugs the road with air-intakes that make sure that the wheels stay where they belong. On the road.

All of that technology wasn't put into the car for performance means either. It was added to make sure the people inside the car have the best possible ride they could have. The engine is quiet even when pushing as hard as it can, the cabin is completely quiet with full climate control, and this includes control over your seats.

The driving position can be completely customised to the driver, at the touch of a button.

As a car the Saab has the performance you'd expect from a sports car, but given that you legally can never make any real use of the 'sports' technology ... well then wouldn't it be better to have a car that is far more comfortably and design to allow you to not need to concentrate on driving so much?

I know I would really feel safer knowing that the car itself was design to make sure I and my passengers were kept safe no matter what was going on around me.

[ QUOTE ]
    and mazda's hardly a cheap malaysan alternative, they still assemble their cars in japan which is more than i can say for a lot of current japanese marks.

[/ QUOTE ]

They look cheap, and tacky. Like Nissan, or Daewoo. Don't think it matter's where the hell a car is being manufactured. All the fords driven here are UK built (and designed actually), but that doesn't make them UK cars. They're still American, just as Mazda is still Malayasian.

[ QUOTE ]
    besides the legendary fd and fc are world renowned sports cars as well as miata the most popular roadster of hte planet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't stop them being butt ugly death-traps.
  • Toomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mazda is not and has never been Malaysian company. Please enlighten us where you got the idea in the first place?

"Starting in 1920, a little company called Toyo Cork Kogyo, Ltd. was founded in Hiroshima, Japan. A humble beginning, started by a man named Mr. Jujiro Matsuda."
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    Raven, what in the world does any of that have to do with this thread? It's about Mojo sharing his new toy with us. He isn't asking what car you would buy if you had the choice. It's for congratulating someone on a purchase they are excited about.

I think you are rapidly earning the title of stick-in-the-mud, though you might have to share it with a few others.
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    Personally, I think that SAAB's are ugly cars, so tongue.gif

I think Rhinokey said it best anyhow:

[ QUOTE ]
    Raven, you know most important, this is the car I wanted! when you get your saab you can make a nice post about it

[/ QUOTE ]
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    bloodyhell Raven do you have like copious amounts of free time on your hands or something? You would argue about the colour of the fricking sky.

Looks like a pretty nice purchase Moj. I love that new car feeling, I wish it lasted longer!
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hey raven, post a pic of your sweet ass saab please
  • FunkaDelicDass
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FunkaDelicDass polycounter lvl 18
    Saab: such a dorky name for a car. Reminds me of saag (Indian spinach curry dish; sorry, I'm Indian).

Nice ride, Rhino. Pretty sweet color too, don't think I've ever seen one in that color.
  • r13
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    r13 founder
    Raven: you've made your opinion well known. You've been sucessful is pissing all over Mojo's enthusiasium. That will be enough at this point. If you wish to continue your trollish ways in this thread or any others here at polycount, we will remove you.

If anyone else sees raven being a troll again, please referr to the matter to a moderator or bearkub or myself.
  • milla
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    milla polycounter lvl 18
    New toys are such a joy. Congrats dude smile.gif

This so isn't the place to argue the merits of various cars - this is for sharing someone's glee over their new toy. Get with the programme Raven!!!
  • Fuse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuse polycounter lvl 18
    whhhooopps, i never meant to start an arguement, i was just correcting Raven's uninformed automotive claim.

Btw Mazda HQ's is in Hiroshima Japan. smile.gif

I think Saab's are real nice, well priced packages, if one wants to own a euro brand but is on a tight budget i think saab fits nicely, i never intended to say that saab stinks. I dont happen to like them, but they are decent cars.

as for Rotaries, it's pretty radical technology Raven but i wont go into details, it is one of the contributing factors that landed Mazda the legendary win at the 24 Hours of Le Mans and they are the only Asian manufacturer to ever achieve that.

and mojo's rx-8 is like a tribute to that, it's a very "one of a kind" jem that's difficult to compare to anything else.

you seem to have this absolute hate for the vehicle, and ever if you do, it's no reason to destroy mojo's celebration smile.gif

Anyway Mojo, have tons of fun with the car!
    Still not sure whether i like the colour though smile.gif
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ok my dad demanded i email him more pics, so figured i'd post them here rx8-2.jpgrx8-3.jpg
    rx8-4.jpg
    rx8-6.jpg
    rx8-5.jpg
    rx8-7.jpg
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    sweet ride man! How does the rotary engine sound?

Anyone remember the character Saabs from "Crazy People"?
  • r13
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    r13 founder
    like a sewing machine ;D

thats what mojo said ;p
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    Thats a sweet ride and it can sure book, i was part of a bachelor party a few weeks ago and the groom was driving that and the car i was in was being driven by a police officer from Puerto Rico,well the groom stepped on the gas the guy driving the car i was in saw it as a challenge and we raced through the streets of houston, we hit at one point 140 and the madza still beat us.

Hitting 140 miles per hour in a 2 lane highway in a city like Houston is freaking Terrifying.
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    nice car dude!

the interior is freakin sweet! coolshit man, congrats!
  • JonMurphy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JonMurphy polycounter lvl 18
    Nice car. Hehe, looks like a next gen racer pic with all that blooming wink.gif
  • eXpendabLe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eXpendabLe polycounter lvl 18
    yeah, looks sweet. I tried to win one of those in Vegas a few days ago.
  • Millah
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Millah polycounter lvl 18
    Congrats man! I got a 2005 black 8 in july. I love it too. Kickass that you found a green one. I still haven't seen one of those.
  • Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    Ugh... I shudder at that 4 door (suicide) design. I dunno, I just don't like the majority of the new "visual" car designs these days :P I'll probably go down kicking and screaming before I conform smile.gif
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    Sorry to be resurrecting a thread nearly three months old, but it seemed appropriate because...

rx8.jpg

...I bought exactly the same car laugh.gif I didn't get the grand touring options like the nav system, but I did opt for the extra 40hp that come with the 6-speed MT. I can thoroughly confirm RhinoMojo's statement to the effect that this thing is hella fun to drive. I've actually been up late the past two nights so I can get out on the road with no traffic. Mucho grande happiness!
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    For a second I thought KP had struck again and revived an old thread laugh.gif. Congrats on the cool new car.
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    Lol, I thought it was a KP special too ahahah!

Nice Tom!
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
    HA HA HA ..
    damn it.
    nice car vermidizzle.
  • bearkub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bearkub polycounter lvl 18
    what? kp didn't resurrect this so I don't get to make fun of him?

GODDAMN IT!

*stomps off*
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    awesome verm, i'm still loving mine, besides a few minor complaints, like try getting 4 people in or out of it if you are forced to park in a crowded lot, thats entertainment, but besides that, ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM