Home General Discussion

Who's going to Quakecon 2005?

Sean McBride
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Sean McBride polycounter lvl 18
So who's going to be there? We should setup somewhere to get together and have a drink. smile.gif

Me, X-Convict, and Mangled Poly will be coming together. At least thats the plan. wink.gif

Replies

• rawkstar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rawkstar polycounter lvl 18
    oh god...

fine I'll come. wink.gif
  • kleinluka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kleinluka polycounter lvl 18
    why does the fun stuff always have to be in the west ;(
  • jzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jzero polycounter lvl 18
    As it says in the QCon FAQ, the surface of the sun is still booked solid.

I'm there, or I'm square. So conveniently located.

/jzero
  • Paul Jaquays
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Paul Jaquays polycounter lvl 18
    Think I'll take a pass on it. Not really interested in making an hour commute of it just to see stuff I probably already saw at E3.
  • Creamy_Goodness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Creamy_Goodness polycounter lvl 18

> A few months ago, I thought that my trip to QuakeCon this year was a sure thing. However, there has recently been some doubt as to weather or not I'm going. This year, I plan to bring a computer I built from scratch to the event, not only for the BYOC, but also for the case mod contest. However, I seem to have had a bad luck streak when it comes to motherboards, because I've fried every board that I ordered. My fourth board came today, and if I fry this one, I'm going to cancel my trip to the 'Con.

> Also, I haven't yet booked my plane tickets to Dallas, so and because its less than two weeks before the 'Con, the airfare might be through the roof by now. I'm about to check Expedia for a good price for a trip from Philly to Fort Worth, and if it's too expensive, that might also be a reason to cancel the trip.

> So I guess I'll see you guys if I'm able to make it down. I really hope that I don't have to turn down a trip I've been looking forward to for the past two years. Ah well, wish me luck, then. smile.gif
  • Bronco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bronco polycounter lvl 18
    hey guys

Im hoping to be there,im coming from good ol' UK....long trek smile.gif.

Got a slight technical prob with the plane tickets right now though that I hope will get sorted but at the moment im in!!.

Can't wait!

john

Edit:- Problems seem to be solved,tickets are booked....yeeehhhaaawww.
  • Sean McBride
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Awesome, I guess we'll setup something closer to the date. I'm not exactly sure how we'll go about it though? I havn't been to quakecon since its moved to the gaylord so I don't know anything about it. wink.gif Maybe we could meet outside of quakecon? Thats probobly the best idea.
  • drakino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    drakino polycounter lvl 18
    Best meeting place at the Gaylord tends to be right smack in the middle of the indoor walkabout area, under the big star in the atrium.

Picture of the star.

This is in the hotel area, real close to the actual convention, well, as close as anything is in the massive complex.

I'll be attending this year, mostly for the BYOC activities.
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    I just realized how soon it is, and haven't booked a place to stay. I'll be there friday evening, all day saturday, and sunday till the afternoon. Anyone still need a roomie?
  • Creamy_Goodness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Creamy_Goodness polycounter lvl 18

> Well here's some news that I did not want to type out. This morning, because of unexpected problems with my case mod, and certain financial issues, I have decided not to attend the QuakeCon this year. frown.gif I didn't come to this decision lightly, because I was really looking forward to entering CES in the case mod contest, competing in the Quake II tournament, seeing ZapWizard's ammo box mod, and meeting you guys again. Oh well, I'll do what I can to make up for it next year. I'm considering putting together a song pack or two for Stepmania, and I'd like to present it to whoever is projecting Stepmania on the big screen by the knock that year, but I guess that's just wishful thinking or some shit.

> Have a great time on me, and don't forget to take plenty of pictures. smile.gif
  • Bronco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bronco polycounter lvl 18
    arrr damn creamy,well maybe next year,ill make sure poop has a beer or 2 on your behalf.....*remebers that time Poop got Drunk in London on 1 proper british ale*

john
  • _Shimmer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    _Shimmer polycounter lvl 18
    he will drink honeybeer...
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
    august 11-14 and it's free .. hmmm. this school nonsense is starting to become quite a nuisance.
  • Hunter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hunter polycounter lvl 18
    Damn I miss the good 'ol days with all the old time Polycounters.. Im planning a trip to Argentina in Sept, so that will be the majority of my vacation time in the fall.. To bad too.. I have an open invite to go to id software for a free tour and some id swag.. frown.gif Hmm besides, I cant go anywhere with out the missus nowadays... lol
  • PaK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PaK polycounter lvl 18
    I'd love to go. But I would rather goto NYC.

-R
  • Sean McBride
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I have free long distance so if you guys want to meet up i guess i'll organize something (or try to. wink.gif) I guess you guys could email me your real names and numbers so we could set up a good location and time to meet? Or i could just go out, get a tshirt, and slap a big huge polycount logo on the front of it and walk around like a billboard ;D

How do you guys want to do it?
  • Sean McBride
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alright, i'm all packed. Leaving tomorrow to start the journey down there. smile.gif

Is anyone still meeting up? O.O Call me if you want to.
    (256)694-4332 (Cell phone I have with me at all times.)