Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP - Samus Fusion Suit

LiveWire
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
LiveWire polycounter lvl 18
been working on this in my spare time when not at home (for those that are wondering, yes i'm still working on the powersuit model for UT at home, i'm currently animating it).
1864 tris at the moment, and very incomplete. a lot to be touched up and altered and as you can see i was interupted while working on the feet.
just thought i would post progress anyway.
also this model is not based of the version from Metroid Prime, as i don't really like that model/design as much as the GBA designs.

i have no polycount in mind, save to say i want it to be "about this density". i'll rig it and if it runs in UT then i'll release it along with my powersuit model, assuming i don't get delayed in completing this one.

fusionworking7cw.th.jpg

Replies

• LazyBoy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LazyBoy polycounter lvl 18
    didn't you do this before or something or was that someone else

it's funny i haven't seen anyone do master chief seeing that he is wayy much cooler then samus
  • steady
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    steady polycounter lvl 18
    Man, Lazyboy, you sure are lazy. Someone already did masterchief...

Livewire this is looking good. If you plan on indenting the blue material like you did on the lower half, are you going to do this on the upper half as well? I think you could go two different routes: 1) avoid the indentations all together to keep the polycount low and maybe make a normal map/skin that will give the 2nd layer effect, 2) just make it a higher poly model.

Looks cool keep goin!
  • LazyBoy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hey wel dat's y I call my self Lazzee buoy!!
  • Jerome
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerome polycounter lvl 18
    heh, i must have attempted like a million fusion suit models, ending them all with delete... It looks good, but
    A) samus takes steroids and ha broad sholders
    B) she has small hips
  • LiveWire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LiveWire polycounter lvl 18
    pfft, sif master chief, he's got nothing on samus laugh.gif

i have previously done a model of samus in her powersuit, if that's what your talking about.
    as for the indentations, not to sure what i want to do with them. they arn't really deep enough to justify modeling them, so i could just texture them on, but on the other hand it's fun and challenging to model them in flowing around the body. i've decided so far that i'm going to model in some parts that are the most indented, such as the thighs, and texture in other parts. at least for the time being. i'm in no hurry to finish this so if once i'm nearer to compleation i decide to take them all out or put them all in i will then.

i might look at the proportions a bit too in the end. for instance the concept (and my model) has pecks or a sort, where as samus is a chick, but it looks better with something rather than nothing (the MP game model has a round plain chest that looks boring).
  • Jerome
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerome polycounter lvl 18
    perhaps, you could model it with narrower shoulders? You could always go back, but might look more like a girl is in there wink.gif
  • ShadowM8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ShadowM8 polycounter lvl 18
    Pretty cool design, and the model looks good so far, I world say that the biggest thing is hitting all the curves right for this model because they are very strongly accentuated in the concept. I would also redirect the bicep to go under the pectorals a bit more.
  • EvilEngine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EvilEngine polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    didn't you do this before or something or was that someone else

it's funny i haven't seen anyone do master chief seeing that he is wayy much cooler then samus

[/ QUOTE ]

No use making a new MC when you can just use the one from the game. Though I wouldnt mind seeing someone making a super high poly version, using the action figure as reference.
    mc2smg8lq.th.jpg
  • CheapAlert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CheapAlert polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    No use making a new MC when you can just use the one from the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yes there's a use. Legal rights (not violating an EULA because you're not directly rippnig from the game) and portfolio/skill showcase. Master Chief still remains a copyrighted character, and directly copying from the game makes the situation worse.
  • EvilEngine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EvilEngine polycounter lvl 18
    Yeh I know, I was just being a butt.
    Back on topic, even though I never played any Metroid game I always liked the design of the suit. I would also like to take a stab at skinning this character for ut if you plan to make a little SDK.
  • LazyBoy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    damn master cheif is soo cool do you know that bungie say's he is like 7 foot tall and can flip 60 tonne tanks. You can even get full costumes which look "exactly" like the armor in the game and i mean "exactly"