Home General Discussion

Tablet Question(kinda not related to 3d&2d)

CMB
CMB
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
CMB polycounter lvl 18
Aww crap
wrote a long post and was about to post it but interenet froze...
so sum it up.
Im gonna get a tablet(6x8or9x12)
Whats the difference between intous 2 and 3 and wich is beter.
oh and bearkub change my username to CMB will you?

Replies

• Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    Intous 3 has a higher work resolution about 2X that of the Intuos 2. Plus Intuo's 3 has the scroll bar things, and the 6D Pen (new pen rotation feature)

You can also get the Intuos 2 for a few bucks cheaper now.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Half price, in fact.

The Intuos 2 pen has a fault line around its middle. If you tend to draw heavy-handidly as I do, you might want to check out the Intuos 3 - I think they've redesigned the structure a little so that the damn things don't break in half after 6 months of regular use.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    intuos 3 obviously.

I'm gonna buy one at the end of august, as the A5 model is only £200 in Japan!!! whee!!!!
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    i've been using a 2 but just switched to a 3, honestly you won't be able to tell the dif,, if i was paying the money i'd take the half price 2 over the 3 any day, i just really can't tell a difference,

I just ordered a cintiq 21ux should be here in a couple of weeks, now those bad boys are definately a step ahead of the regular wacoms,, altho the price is more than 2k over the regular wacoms also.. so ya.. they better be good.

to sum it up, if you are buying your first tablet and money is shooting out your pores, then go with th 3, if you are trying to be cash conservitive, get a 2 you probably will never notice teh diference, besides the lil buttons, on the side.
  • bearkub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bearkub polycounter lvl 18
    your username has been changed.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    you should reset his post count wink.gif

I thought the intuos 3 is hyper sensitive compared to the 2? I'm buying mine for the buttons...

I used to use an intuos2 A5 at my old office, wasn't half bad with the nice tilt function and all that. But I always cursed the resoloution on the damn thing: drawing a straight line in photoshop came out all "wiggly".

my current graphire "saphire" has so many dead zones it's unbelievable. scrolling the internet jumps all over the shop