Home General Discussion

Realtime fluid simulation

phillycheese81
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
phillycheese81 polycounter lvl 18
They just posted a new fluid simulation video at
http://airtightgames.com/currentproject.html
It will be cool to see this kind of stuff show up in games, like a gas tank spilling fluid all over the place and catching fire. Or a wall of water knocking enemies down.

AirtightGamesStill5.jpg

- P

Replies

• MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    That's cool! Can't wait for stuff like that to be useful features in games...
  • Moz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Moz polycounter lvl 18
    thing is, like air, fluid is very complex and it would be easier to have per pixel lighting with radiocity on a million polygon model than to realisticly calculate a bottle of water particle for particle.
  • JordanW
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JordanW polycounter lvl 19
    looks good, i think i was more impressed by the bending metal demo. The fluid looks really hokey for the most part because of the shader they used, yes i realise it's a tech demo for physics but a different shader could help create the illusion a bit better smile.gif
  • Keg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keg polycounter lvl 18
    I can see the realtime fluid being used in H games... heh realtime bukkake!!
  • Foehammer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Foehammer polycounter lvl 18
    wow that's impressive, they should combine all those videos together into one event, and while i'm dreaming they should also give me a million dollars. the company sounds cool though Ed Fries and a bunch of people that made Crimson Skies, one of my favorite games, i hope the come up with something amazing....