Home Technical Talk

Maya PLE registration issues

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
milla polycounter lvl 18
Hello my lovelies. I've been PC-free for a while, and I finally have my new system sorted out, so I've bought a book, Game Character Development With Maya, so I can learn to use Maya. The book comes with Maya PLE, but of course you have to register to get a key before you can install it. My problem is that the site registration process is either broken or doesn't like MY ISP, my domain name MX record, and me. I can't get a successful registration with my chiQ.net mail or my ISP mail, and as such I can't start my attempt at self-improvement. How sucky is that?!

What I'm after is a registration for Maya PLE 6. The book came with it on CD, along with a bunch of files and media, and I really want to do this properly, so I'm wondering if anyone here has registered Maya PLE 6, and is willing to let me use their registration details until I can get my own. The site registration form for using the Alias forums is throwing me a 404, so I can't even get support that way. My only option seems to be a loan.

Anyone able to help me here?

Thanks in advance smile.gif

Replies

• pyromania
    Offline / Send Message
    pyromania polycounter lvl 18
    Try using the dodgeit.com service http://dodgeit.com/

You makeup an email address @dodgeit.com. The email gets sent to them. Then you just log into the dogeit website with the email you made up for alias. Its a great service for getting those annoying registration codes, and verification emails.
  • milla
    Offline / Send Message
    milla polycounter lvl 18
    I'm not worried about Alias spam - I have an Alias alias (no pun intended) for my mailbox, which I gave them for the Alias mailing list, so if spam starts going to that email address I can just bit bucket it. The site won't accept *any* email address.

"Please correct the following error(s):
    Please check if your e-mail is valid or not
    "

That happens whichever email I use.
  • milla
    Offline / Send Message
    milla polycounter lvl 18
    Well after trying for around seven hours yesterday it worked first try today. The refusal error was taking around three minutes, and it accepted it today in four seconds flat. I guess something was just plain hokey yesterday.