Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    we had a discussion on this awhile back
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    I skipped work today because it was too friggin hot. Not even the shade provides comfort. Each day has been the same. Severely hot and humid in the morning, severe thunderstorms in the evening. Our weather is screwed atm. Use to be a predictable line of fronts balancing the temp and humidity.
  • joolz8000
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    joolz8000 polycounter lvl 18
    Poppycock! Why, there's no evidence whatsoever, it's just a bleeding heart Liberal conspiracy to crush our Way of Life! Just ask those "scientists" hired by Exxon.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Why is it every year as summer ramps up, everyone gets thier panties in a bunch about global warming?
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Why is it every year as summer ramps up, everyone gets thier panties in a bunch about global warming?

[/ QUOTE ]

cuz every summer it feels hotter and hotter
  • Foehammer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Foehammer polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Poppycock! Why, there's no evidence whatsoever, it's just a bleeding heart Liberal conspiracy to crush our Way of Life! Just ask those "scientists" hired by Exxon.

[/ QUOTE ]

knew that was coming......though i have to say i believe in global warming and I believe it to be our fault.
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    I blame it on cows.
  • joolz8000
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    joolz8000 polycounter lvl 18
    Foehammer- Good! There's hope for you yet! laugh.gif
    Hawken- cows, indeed. But the beef industry is our fault, too.
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    i do my part by eating as much cow as i can eat,mmmmmm...delicious cow
  • Jes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jes polycounter lvl 18
    Noooooooooooo, not the cowbell!! T_T
  • Foehammer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    beef is BEEFY!
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Cicerone, testifying before a Senate Commerce subcommittee on global climate change, cited data from weather stations and ships indicating the surface of the Earth is generally hotter by about seven-tenths of 1 degree Fahrenheit just since the early 1970s.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love how everyone says it's SO FUCKING HOT!!!!111 compared to every other summer, although I live in South Texas, and I have yet to experience any change whatsoever. In fact, it feels cooler this summer than last!

Apparently people can sense the miniscule difference and predict it as being the end of the world!
  • Foehammer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    watch the weather channel its record breaking heat in alot of places, THE END IS NIGH!!!
  • Bronco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bronco polycounter lvl 18
    acturally there is something I find slightly bothering about the fact there is NO significant cloud cover over any significant western area of Europe,we have broken bits of cloud here in the UK,as always more upnorth but we have showers coming opn off the Atlantic.....but Spain is exspereincing the hottest summer they have ever had,yet look at todays satalite photos...NO cloadcover over hundreds of miles of europe,now that disturbed me more than anything.

john
  • Dukester
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dukester polycounter lvl 18

August 4, 1980

a record 42 straight days of 100 degree heat finally ended at Dallas. There 18 days in August reached 100 following the hottest ever July. Heat and drought that summer contributed to 1200 deaths nationally and losses totaling $20 billion

I remember that very well. I live there and I graduated high school in 1980. I have never felt anything even close to that since then.

BUT! *GASP* EVRY SUMMER IS GETTING HOTTER AND HOTTER!!

You guys :/
  • Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Weiser_Cain polycounter lvl 18
    Global warming. No shit.
  • Mishra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mishra polycounter lvl 18
  • John Warner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    John Warner polycounter lvl 18
    HAH i acctualy kinda like that
    hahah
  • PfhorRunner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PfhorRunner polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I blame it on cows.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, they produce a lot of methane, being a greenhouse gas it disturbs things a little too much. There are a lot of cows, and they produce huge amounts of it...

So instead of cows, i blame global warming on Cow Farts.

Either that or humans breathe too much.... some humans (IE http://boards.polycount.net/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=57741&an=0&page=0#57741)
  • Toomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toomas polycounter lvl 18
    Western Europe gets no clouds because we stole them, take that.
    Now we demand a ransom to give some of them back but not all because we LOVE coulds!
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    Dukester.

[ QUOTE ]
    stations and ships indicating the surface of the Earth is generally hotter by about seven-tenths of 1 degree Fahrenheit just since the early 1970s.

[/ QUOTE ]

I.E. Texas=|=the world (thats supposed to be "does not equal" Im sure a programmer is going to correct me here.
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    Oxy: its usually !=
    Wait, so 7/10 of 1 degree for the whole world over 35 years is a big deal?

I'm sure I'm wrong and theres a difference between surface temp and air temp, but I'm a noob about that.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    Sonic, you got your ass kicked in the last thread. Want a repeat? Or would you rather keep that head in the sand?
  • Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr polycounter lvl 18
    sonic: a large volcanic eruption (like Mount Pinatubo in 1991) lowers the Earth's temperature by 9/10ths of a degree. so that's 7/10 of a degree on top of losing 9/10.

from Wikipedia:
    [ QUOTE ]
    This very large stratospheric injection resulted in a reduction in the normal amount of sunlight reaching the earth's surface by up to 5% (see figure). This led to a decrease in northern hemisphere average temperatures of 0.5–0.6 °C (0.9–1.1 °F), and a global fall of about 0.4 °C (0.7 °F). At the same time, the temperature in the stratosphere rose to several degrees higher than normal, due to absorption of radiation by the aerosols. The stratospheric cloud from the eruption persisted in the atmosphere for three years after the eruption.

[/ QUOTE ]

a change of 1degree (or nearly) one way or the other is a significant.

i see like this: look how much junk the human race pumps into the air on a daily basis. multiply that over several decades. it has to be doing something to the planet. something needs to be done now, not later when it's obvious to everyone who steps outside and remembers when the sky was blue.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    I've heard the methane a cow produces has as much effect as the CO2 of ten cars. In other words, we're going to have to add catalysts to our cows. Or hire Magical Trevor.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Well, there's a lot of evidence about previous global warming issues in relation to mass temperature changes. The last ice age was brought on by global warming as well. Nature causes a lot of green house gases on it's own, it's not just us. But we ARE accelerating the problem.
  • Toomas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toomas polycounter lvl 18
    Now i know why aliens kidnap cows, they wanna build a fucking doomsday device!
  • hawken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hawken polycounter lvl 19
    Vassago: according to ice core samples, the rise in greenhouse gasses in the atmosphere started very sharply at the start of the industrial revolution.

The amount naturally pumped into the atmosphere is miniscule compared to mankind. I still blame cows a lot, but it's the hunger of man that makes more cows, not nature.
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Sonic, you got your ass kicked in the last thread. Want a repeat? Or would you rather keep that head in the sand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I didn't realise you were such an e-thug... maybe I'll just... ummm... keep my head in the sand..... wow, you're tough.
  • Prs-Phil
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Prs-Phil polycounter lvl 18
    hmmm, there weather here at home is also going crazy, LOADS of heavy storms and yesterday we where hit by these things.
    The wind was literally shooting them at my window I thought it was going to break any minute.
    I know there is worse, tornades, hurricanes etc. but this is not normal for this region.

The whole thing went on for 20 minutes, loads of cars where damaged, no people where hurt actually and the power was out for a while. That is not normal, normally go get hail every 5 years and this is the third year running.

Welcome to the 21st century, here is your bill.

measure.jpg
    1.jpg
    5.jpg
    11.jpg
    12.jpg
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    wow you live in a beautiful place
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    Hm... No, nothing here. I don't think I'm that far away from where you live (would be easier to tell if you didn't write "moonland" in there) and the worst we got was a bit of rain.
  • Prs-Phil
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Prs-Phil polycounter lvl 18
    That would be Austria/Tirol/Wildschönau.
    The hail literally only fell in our valley, a bit over the mountains, left and right, but we got the full lot.

I´ve got moonland under my nick because poop in the discussions before he wen't on his Eurotour kepted saying that we live in moonland so I put it in.

You are right, maybe I should change it, just incase I sometime post some more pictures from where I live so that you can find out streight away. (no service charged) wink.gif