Home General Discussion

the media.

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
shotgun polycounter lvl 19
what can i say?
usually i dont believe the newspapers. propaganda photos in the papers are obviously faked, focusing on the growling face of screaming person to reflect a riot that did not really happen around him.

usually, its easy to see through it, and i suppose most ppl in most countries do also see through the crap their media prints out. this is in no way stricted to israel.

but this??????
earlier this week the photo on the left was printed in newspapers, i believe front page, titled that the humanic israeli soldier was protecting this poor wounded palestine kid from a linch by israeli fanatics.

the image of that kid was also shown on TV (photo on right) throwing rocks at israeli troops, i guess.

below, the "poor kid" being set up by the photographer and the "brave soldier".

Korban-Tamim.jpg

no linches, no poor palestine kids, no humanic israeli army, no fucking nothing.

i dont watch television, i hardly read papers (just the fasion pages crazy.gif), and i usually take "news" in proportion. still, i am amazed to see how low, how possible low media is.

and powerfull.

Replies

• Weiser_Cain
    Offline / Send Message
    Weiser_Cain polycounter lvl 18
    Thing is you don't have to believe the israelies are heroic to know the palestinians are scum.
    As for mobs I saw the palestinian drag a captured israeli soldier out of a police station and beat him to death, fuck 'em.
  • Justin Meisse
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    wow, it's amazing when Weiser_Cain says exactly what you think he'll say, he's so dependable!
  • oXYnary
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    I saw a israli soldier run over a peaceful protestor in a bulldozer, Love 'em.
  • thnom
    Offline / Send Message
    thnom polycounter lvl 18
    haha shotgun.. nice post but my god

you need to get a REAL computer. I use those macs at college and feel like punching them every time.
  • Weiser_Cain
    Offline / Send Message
    That's because I'm solid in my position on a lot of things. I also saw the palestinials dance on 9/11, but then you probably knew I'd say that too.
  • DeathTrip
    Offline / Send Message
    DeathTrip polycounter lvl 18
    I remember watching a documentary about Palestinian kids and guy making the documentary, a caucasian man, was shot and killed by an israeli soldier. Granted they were in the home of a Palestinian family(which would soon be crushed a HUGE bulldozer) but the guy who was shot and his crew we obviously caucasian and were also holding a small white flag.
  • Weiser_Cain
    Offline / Send Message
    So your saying if the little old ladies on buses just carried little white flags the Palestinians wouldn't blow them up or randomly lob mortars at them?
    Pure genius! Lets start a new fashion trend!
  • Justin Meisse
    Offline / Send Message
    wow, good things those palestinians didn't know there was an American in their midst watching them dance they might of turned on you.
  • Weiser_Cain
    Offline / Send Message
    I'd never go to that fucking country. I watched it on the news on CNN on 9/11.
  • DeathTrip
    Offline / Send Message
    DeathTrip polycounter lvl 18
    Yup caucasians men and women speaking english while holding filming equipment and a white flag totally blend in with Palestinian extrememists. 25.gif
  • Weiser_Cain
    Offline / Send Message
    This was the general population.
  • Weiser_Cain
    Offline / Send Message
    I'll try to find the video online...
  • Thegodzero
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    ahhhh i love that way of thinking. "That county", "That city", "Those people", "That forum" way to make generalizations. In America after 9-11 did everyone go out and burn down shops of arab people? no, but some did. Do all christians blow up abortion clinic? no, but some do. Do all the people there hate americans? no, but some do.
    You watch TV and you belive what you want to belive, truth is not told on TV but information squed to what will get more vierers is.
  • shotgun
    Offline / Send Message
    people... this is not 'who is good' or 'who is bad' discussion.. this was not the point

the point is the media acting like a mafia organizatio. this is manners of state and politics, and they create realities to get money. this is only for money.

weiser can do me a fav and dont look that vid out.. stay out of the arab-israeli conflict. it is an example like i said - not strict to israel. realities like this are created all over the world by the media. this is the discussion.
  • Justin Meisse
    Offline / Send Message
    I deleted my post so as to avoid derailing the thread
  • Thegodzero
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    americans cheered because they were under the understanding that the japanese were not human, they were evil creatures that had to be stoped. And who told them that the Gov by means of the media. Media is a very powerful weapon, it can bring peace and harmony to us, but its much better at making us fight one another. Because no one would watch the news if nothing bad ever happened.

When you watch the news, 75% is ambulence chasing, 15% is sports, 9.9% is weather, and that last .1% is real news.
    Sciencetific breakthrews dont even get a full second thats if they are even talked about. Where as a car crash gets 30 or more as they go live to the crime scene.
  • ElysiumGX
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    I have a theory that there is less misery, corruption, and hatred in the world if you simply turn of the television. And leave it off. For several years. The easiest way to fuck the media, if we could all just do it together. And it would do so much to improve our lives. I cannot watch cable TV for more than 5 minutes without getting pissed off at how ridiculous it has become.

Btw, I remember this same image editing strategy being done with american soldiers some years ago.

And with the Israeli-Palestine conflict...both should be punished. This has gone on for so long, there's no telling what's right or wrong, or when it'll ever end. Most likely never until the whole area is flatten by force or outside politics.

In other news... *click*
  • shotgun
    Offline / Send Message
    yes the reality is a lot more subtle without media.

real or not real?
  • Daz
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    So your saying

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Weiser, If you can find the time, try to learn your native language. It's rude not to. 'Your' is possessive. As in, 'that's your apple'.
    What you meant to say was 'you're', which is an abbreviation of 'you are'.

Yes shotgun, the media is a twisted fuckup. Thankfully in America we have the daily show to save us from the sheer insanity that is the likes of Fox news:

http://www.overspun.com/video/DailyShow.LondonAttacks.wmv
  • Weiser_Cain
    Offline / Send Message
    You know what I meant, i'm multitasking dammit.
  • MRFlynn
    Offline / Send Message
    MRFlynn polycounter lvl 18
    wow cheers Daz, its kinda hard not to judge all Americans as idiots now =/ but ill try.

But on note yeah I think America holds the baton for being on the forefront of media issues. Damn them ratings =/
  • Foehammer
    Offline / Send Message
    Foehammer polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I saw a israli soldier run over a peaceful protestor in a bulldozer, Love 'em.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont know about you, but i'd get the fuck out of the way of a bulldozer, darwin at its best.
  • JO420
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    The Israeli issue and palastinian issue is not a black and white issue, there are bad things being done on both sides of this issue, in this country the news is biased towards the israeli side and many who try to argue the opposite are accused are labeled anti semites. But like i said both sides are doing bad things.

instead of labeling the palastinian side as evil and all suicide bombers what would make people so desperate to blow themselves up?

why are the palastinian people so mad? the answer is not 100% religous extremisim.

ask yourself that

what would push someone to strap a bomb to themselves and kill innocent people. unfortunatly this countries reporting does not ask these types of question instead it gives the one sided view of the story without really examining why each side is doing what they are doing and what would cause people to take such extremist sides.

dont believe everything you read in the news, palastinians didnt suddenly wake up andsay hey lets make suicide bombers,before you can judge those people as evil think about what has happened to those people to take them to the point of desperation to do such horrible acts?

i think israel has the right to defend themselves but they are no saints they have blood on their hands as well as the palastinians.

"i dont know about you, but i'd get the fuck out of the way of a bulldozer, darwin at its best"

if someone came to destroy your house how would you react?
  • KDR_11k
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    Isn't that just a war of retribution, i.e. the Israelis kill Palestinians because Palestinians kill Israelis because Israelis kill Palestinians? I.e. a circular problem and the reason all negotiations so far failed because someone always wants to get one last revenge in before the conflict ends?
  • oXYnary
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]

i dont know about you, but i'd get the fuck out of the way of a bulldozer, darwin at its best.

[/ QUOTE ]

/shakes head in sadness/contempt.

Would you have said the same about Jesus not hiding from the Romans? He could have easily not have held a last supper, and gone into hiding.
  • sundance
    Offline / Send Message
    sundance polycounter lvl 18
    the israelis are fucking idiots, they wanted arafat to stop the extremists, and then, they fucking besieged his HQ and went round blowing up the palestinian police stations and mortaring/rocketing the refugee camps. way to go guys. blow up the nearest thing there is to a military and then murder some innocent civilians. nice one. i think people who died in the holocaust would be ashamed of the fascistic behaviour of the 'jewish nation' today.
  • KDR_11k
    Offline / Send Message
    I've heard claims that the Zionists actually have added a part of Hitler's speeches to their doctrine, something like "We're the one true people and we're being attacked, isn't it our right to defend ourselves?". Dunno if that's true.
  • KeyserSoze
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    instead of labeling the palastinian side as evil and all suicide bombers what would make people so desperate to blow themselves up?

why are the palastinian people so mad? the answer is not 100% religous extremisim.

ask yourself that

what would push someone to strap a bomb to themselves and kill innocent people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you heard of the book Dying to Win: The Strategic Logic of Suicide Terrorism? It's supposed to be a pretty interesting read, and I've been meaning to check it out. This is the point in the book which I think is most relevant to this discussion: "Every suicide terrorist campaign has had a clear goal that is secular and political: to compel a modern democracy to withdraw military forces from the territory that the terrorists view as their homeland." These aren't simply "evil" people who enjoy doing "evil" things; they feel that they are terribly oppressed and have no other way to fight back.
  • Rick Stirling
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    Suiide bombers would be easy to stop - arm the palestinians.

If the palestinian people had aircraft, attack helicopters, air-to-ground missiles, tanks etc they'd use them instead of stones.

People use what they've got.
  • Josh_Singh
    Offline / Send Message
    Josh_Singh polycounter lvl 18
    If you want to have a good read about a true-life account of the start of the palestinian/israeli conflict check out a book by a good man named Elias Chacour. The book is called "Blood Brothers"
    Then make up your mind about Yasir Arafat, The Zionist Movement, and the Palistinian Revolt.
  • Frank
    Offline / Send Message
    Frank polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    True, but this particular conflict is religious. Both sides think that the land they're fighting over was given to them by God, as His chosen people, to be their Promised Land. Kind of like how Jerusalem went back and forth between Christians and Muslims during the crusades. A holy city for both sides, they both thought they should have it, hey, fighting. Like the man said, if Palestine could, they'd be fighting a real war with Israel, and wouldn't that be great. (no, I don't believe Israel is any good either...for instance, if they got into a real war with Palestine it wouldn't suprise me if they decided to annex some of their Arab neighbors while they were at it just to be on the safe side...I just have a hard time believing that open war is a good thing to some people)

Frank the Avenger
  • KDR_11k
    Offline / Send Message
    Not really, by now it's just "they blew up and killed my family! Let's bomb them!" "They bombed us and killed my family! I'll blow myself up to kill them".
  • Foehammer
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well, i'm not about to give my life for my personal belongings in the form of not getting out of the way of a bulldozer, you'd give your life for your house? i hope not, sure for my family but a house can be rebuilt, a human is alot harder to fix with a bulldozer on top of them.
  • KDR_11k
    Offline / Send Message
    Perhaps he thought like Arthur Dent, "he can't just run me over!"?
  • Foehammer
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/shakes head in sadness/contempt.

Would you have said the same about Jesus not hiding from the Romans? He could have easily not have held a last supper, and gone into hiding.

[/ QUOTE ]

apples and oranges, jesus didnt sacrifice himself because they were destroying his house and physical belongings. he sacrificed himself for humanity

/shakes head in sadness/contempt
  • KDR_11k
    Offline / Send Message
    And? This guy also sacrificed himself for the principle of "I have the right not to have my home bulldozed just because some asshole thinks it's a good idea!".
  • JO420
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well, i'm not about to give my life for my personal belongings in the form of not getting out of the way of a bulldozer, you'd give your life for your house? i hope not, sure for my family but a house can be rebuilt, a human is alot harder to fix with a bulldozer on top of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

alot of people would, some people put their lives into their home and would try anything.

what the israeli goverment does is everytime a suicide bomber hits or someone involved in the resistance goes and does something bad,they go to that persons family home and bulldozes it, and a majority of the time the family has had no involvement in whatever action their family member has done but they destroy it anyway. which is a form of collective punishment which is stated as a warcrime under the geneva conventions.

i can understand if the family harbored this member and help them carry out an attack but if the family isnt involved in any way its not right. many of these peoples homes have been around for generations.
  • joolz8000
    Offline / Send Message
    joolz8000 polycounter lvl 18
    Sitting in front of a bulldozer is a form of non-violent protest. Non-violent protest works best when it's acted out in large numbers. It's fairly easy to ignore one or two people getting bulldozed to death, especially when the folks driving the bulldozers claim ignorance/accidental, as has been the case in Israel.

The only person I know of who got bulldozed in Israel was a young lady from Evergreen, my alma mater. I'd say she was pretty naive to think she wouldn't be murdered, but her heart was in the right place. Anyway, it wasn't even her home- it was a total stranger's home she was laying in front of. The point is, if more people were willing to make such a sacrifice- as was the case in India under Ghandi's guidance, or in America's south, under MLK's- then the antagonist (Israel) would be paralyzed. Instead the Palestinians fight back and it only makes them look as bad as the Jews, in the eyes of the world.
  • JO420
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
  • ElysiumGX
    Offline / Send Message
    Interesting how Americans react to a young woman being bulldozed while fighting for human rights in a foriegn land. They sue the American company that makes the bulldozer.

I never heard about this. I only catch the stories about the evildoers blowing themselves up.
  • KDR_11k
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm surprised no American tried to sue God because our penises don't come labelled with "may cause unwanted pregnancies".
  • JO420
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I'm surprised no American tried to sue God because our penises don't come labelled with "may cause unwanted pregnancies".

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe god would lose cuz all the good lawyers are in hell
  • joolz8000
    Offline / Send Message
    joolz8000 polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I never heard about this. I only catch the stories about the evildoers blowing themselves up.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's because you're supposed to be afraid. You wouldn't be afraid of Palestinians if they were all peacefully lying down in front of bulldozers. No, the overwhelmingly RIGHT wing media will only show you footage of bad people doing bad things. Then you'll be afraid of them. Then you'll be willing to pre-emptively attack them, to 'take the war to them before they bring it to us'. You'll be convinced that they can't be reasoned with, can't be contained, can't be controlled- they must be killed before they kill us. Isn't that the message?
  • ElysiumGX
    Offline / Send Message
    Reading more into it...according to repulican media outlets she was a "terrorist". Apparently the home she was protecting was covering a hidden tunnel used to transport weapons to the Palestinian "terrorists". The fact that she was a young american girl and not the dark skinned ragheads we're misled to fearing, changes things a bit. The fact she has been photographed burning american flags doesn't help.

See, there's no way of knowing what to believe these days. Just use the word "terrorist", and suddenly everything makes sense...to those glued to their televisions wetting their pants.

Seeing the images of her death seems to tell a different story that neither side is agreeing on. All lies. Is it so hard to understand a situation from all perspectives?
  • JO420
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    yeah media loves fear, i remember after 9/11 all of the scare stories like " can terrorist use remote controlled planes to perform a chemical attack"

flu season its the same old not enough flu medicine stories

alot of overblown stories about things which kill handfuls of people yearly

fear sells

"See, there's no way of knowing what to believe these days. Just use the word "terrorist", and sudden everything makes sense...to those glued to their televisions wetting their pants."

els a good way to getting a good idea on a story is by getting it from as many news outlets as possible and deciding for yourself.

relying on foxnews or cnn alone wont do it.

media rarely flat out lies, the way the stories are distorted are by the way they are written.

for example if i write "20 people died today in ethnic violence"

you are likely to come to the conclusion that 20 people died

but if i write " there are reports of 20 people dead due to ethnic violence" it leaves room for doubt

how a story is worded is just as important as the basic facts

a big problem now with media is that they present both sides,but they dont try to look to see who is actually telling the truth