Home General Discussion

Fun Prague

Ruz
polycount lvl 666
Offline / Send Message
Ruz polycount lvl 666
Just got back from 4 days in prague. Had a great time.

That was my first trip abroad and my first trip on a plane (which scared the living shit out of me).
I had to drink czech plum brandy and vodka on the journey back to calm my nerves.
I stopped short of buying absinthe, which seems to be on sale every where.
Imagine tripping out on a plane and screaming about how we are all doomed or somesuch

But apart from that it was great.
Temperature was around 30 degrees or close to that( sooo damn hot)

Will post a few pics soon
smile.gif

Replies

• adam
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
  • pogonip
    Offline / Send Message
    pogonip polycounter lvl 18
    Are the czeck woman as hot as everyone brags about ?? Some tell me the best in the world !
  • Ruz
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    There are some nice girls there, very very tall some of them.
    just putting together the pics now.
    My missus has refused to appear in any of them as she needs to lose some weight( as do I)
  • Rick Stirling
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    I do like Prague, I must go back. Maybe next year in crunch we'll have a few short breaks rather than one big one.

The vodka is great there.

For some reason Edinburgh sells a lot of Czech beers - not just Budvar like everywhere does, but Baltika and Krusovice and Staroprmen on draught (a nasty hangover). They make stuff like Tennents taste like filth. Yum.
  • danr
    Offline / Send Message
    danr interpolator
    i did 4 days there recently, fantastic place. No matter what street you go down, or which corner you turn, there's always something interesting to look at. Even if there's nothing in your direct eyeline, try looking up instead. My camera ran flat twice in 2 days, been meaning to post up the pics somewhere too.

Don't think i've *ever drunk so much beer in such a short space of time though. Shocking amounts, so goddamned CHEAP. Spent an entire evening in that Tiger beer hall place, two of us spent the equivalent of a fiver. Not each, between us. Can't remember being that hungover though : good job Pilsner Erquell is quite probably the best beer in the world, or i might have sworn off it for good.
  • KDR_11k
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    I've been there twice. The first time was on a school trip, the second time recently because I live about two hours away from Prague now. The second time I noticed how much more expensive Prague has become, when I was there the first time everything cost around half as much. The prices I remember was McDonald's at 2.80 (DM I think, not sure which currency we used back then but the exchange rate was around 1:16-18 so I think it's DM) for a menu and an italian restaurant where I hot a huge pizza for 2.30. Nowadays McDonals is around 5.00 EUR and that pizza place costs 4-5 EUR for a pizza.

It was still interesting, we were there on a Sunday and you didn't notice it's weekend.
  • Ruz
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    Pilsner Erquell is pretty good. Becherovka was a bit like cough medicine , but I suppose its an aquired taste.
    Drank a small bottle of 'kosher Slivovitz' on the plane coming back, followed by another small bottle of'malinovice, which was quite good too.
    Second day I felt like shit , but third day was cool, we were just getting in to the holiday.
    Spent an hour on the river in those paddle boats which was fun.
    It was just so hot we couldn't really do that much.
    Ended up in tesco's , which is surprisigly similar to the UK version. Pretty damn cheap too

The only thing that spoiled it was I was woken up at about 2 am by the sound of an old man being mugged outside our hotel window last night. I managed to shout him to stop
    ( we were on the third floor.)
    The old man then started chasing the mugger, 'cause the bugger had stolen his wallet by the looks of what I saw. Quite shocking, I thought he was killing him.

The old town and the jewish quarter were great, such beautifully decorated buildings , but there was grafitti just about everywhere.
    Nearly every building in the built up areas seemed to have been daubed. Shocking really.
    Food was great , if you like meat,which I do, so yeah stuffed my face a lot.
    I regret not learning any czech, cause that would have been more fun.
    locals are friendly, but hotel receptionist was bit sour faced , though the service was good

All in all great trip, but we will organise it better next time.
    Photos are in this folder. They get better as they go on.

http://skinnybobthejester.com/demo1/
    smile.gif
  • Foehammer
    Offline / Send Message
    Foehammer polycounter lvl 18
    Great pics! it looks beautiful there, i wish architecture was still made like that
  • Bronco
    Offline / Send Message
    Bronco polycounter lvl 18
    sounds like a nice place,im hoping to go ther efor the CA massive black workshops,whenever they happen....really can't wait.

john
  • diZzyWalnut
    Offline / Send Message
    diZzyWalnut polycounter lvl 18
    Ruz
    You've made nice photos - I'm missing this country.
    Did You like the CHARLE'S BRIDGE , OLD CITY and CLOCK TOWER as ORLOJ ?
    orloj_clock.jpg

The famous saying "See Naples and die" can be used in the case of the Orloj but we suggest in modifying it to "Don't die before you see the Orloj ! ".

http://www.orloj.com/

Make me pleasure to hear that here's some knowledge of good beer .... laugh.gifcrazy.gifcool.gif;

The most knew is PILSNER URQUELL
    home_flags_02.jpg
    http://www.pilsner-urquell.com/

yeah the real BUDWEISER-BUDVAR is one of the best on the world :
    http://www.budvar.cz/
    The brewing started in the town in the 13th century.
    (Bohemia)

This one is also very nice and very popular in PRAGUE -
    VELKOPOPOVICKY KOZEL
    http://www.beer-kozel.cz/

<u>Man but next time when You comme back to Czech republic You have to find and taste this one : RADEGAST</u>

http://www.prazdroj.cz/eng/regiony/421.php?agc_passed=1

The reward for all this care and effort is the superior quality of Radegast beer. At the World Beer Cup 2002 in Colorado, USA
    This beer is more popular in the east of this small country
    part of Czech republic - Moravia.
    It's really really nice one.
    When You will drink the beer in some PUB - maybe You can meet some Czech artists 3D. I think that the most knew developer is ILLUSION SOFTWORKS ( with a game Mafia )
    http://www.illusionsoftworks.com/

Have good time in Czech republic - (Bohemia).

And how I know all this ?
    Easy - I'm only one Czech on this great forum. tongue.gif
    I suppose.
  • Ruz
    Offline / Send Message
    Ruz polycount lvl 666
    diZzyWalnut - Hey thats good, info. Yes I enjoyed all the tourist highlights, particularly the old city. The buildings were very beautiful. Here is a close up of the clock face
    Sorry its sideways on
    IMG_1738.jpg