Home Technical Talk

UT2003 importing problems

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Amouro polycounter lvl 18
i hope this is the right forum...

So i made a quick crappy model with an even crappier texture to see if i could get it working in UT2003. Now going over this tutorial, http://www.neomagination.com/tutorials/max2ut_01.html, i got everything done to the best of my knoledge. but of course, its not working.

i have it set up fine in unrealED. all the animations work fine. but in game, its not displaying. on the character selection screen i see the portrait and bio of my character but the 3D view will not display. and when i play with my model it isn't displayed as mine, it shows a juggernuaght model instead. this makes some sense becuase i used the juggernuaght skeleton.

im guessing it has to be a problem with the lines i added to the and/or the xplayers.int.

here is my lines added to the xplayersL1.upl

(DefaultName="uttest",Mesh=uttestMale.uttestMale,species=xGame.SPECIES_Jugg,BodySkin=uttest.uttesttext,FaceSkin=uttest.uttesttext,,Portrait=uttest.uttestport,Text=XPlayers.uttest,Sex=male,Menu="SP")

here is the lines added to the xplayers.int

uttest="Name: uttest|Age: too damn long for it not to be working|Race: Homo Sapiens| stupid||Data:|A quick crappy model i did just see if i could get it to work. so far im getting pissed off at it but maybe it'll work soon.||"

i hope i've described the problem well enough to get some help. if not, tell me what info you need. i can also post my animation and texture packages if need be.

Replies