Home General Discussion

MTV gets STACKED

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
We've signed a deal with MTV to showcase our game STACKED on televised tournaments, as well as other areas. MTV is actually opening a new games division now, with STACKED being their first game in line.

Should be exciting to see what they do with our game smile.gif

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/07/06/news_6128064.html

Replies

• adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    I just pulled up my socks. They're about to get rocked.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hehe

For those that don't already know, Adam, BoBo and Monster have contributed to STACKED.

It was great to work with all of you smile.gif
  • ElysiumGX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ElysiumGX polycounter lvl 18
    Congrats on the game guys. It looks great. Guess no one needs real friends to invite over for beer and poker anymore. But the idea of an online tournament looks cool. Should be a hit. Sure beats Microsoft Solitaire.

I have to say, Mtv having a games division gives me a sick feeling in my stomach.
  • John Warner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    John Warner polycounter lvl 18
    yah guys, that's cool. congrats, way to go smile.gif
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    That's awesome news. As much as I hate MTV, it's still an excellent step for exposure.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    I have to say, Mtv having a games division gives me a sick feeling in my stomach.

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose I worded that wrong smile.gif
    I wouldn't say it's a game 'division', but more like game advertising. MTV recognizes how huge gaming is (like the Xbox360 thing), and they want a piece of it, obviously. With STACKED, they are going to be holding televised game tournaments with MTV VJ's and celebrities, as well as have a massive online stat tracking service, along with in-depth community services. It's a new thing for MTV, and a great step for our studio. It will be nice if everything works out the way it's planned smile.gif
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cool stuff guys! Having your studio linked to MTV when it's starting up its craze for games sounds like it is a good place to be in. Hopefully they won't fold up and go home when they find out most gamers don't like MTV. Do they even play music any more?

Ok time to spill the beans who did what models? Or should we have a guessing contest =P
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    Ok time to spill the beans who did what models? Or should we have a guessing contest =P

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess, damnit! smile.gif

Adam helped me texture some props for 2 of the enviornments, which helped a lot. Some of his work is visible in several of the released screenshots.

BoBo's work is easy to see. They are the best looking characters in the game, duh! smile.gif There are quite a few screenies out, with BoBo's characters as well.

Monster (from what I've been told) did the bone skinning for our characters. I wasn't involved with any animation stuff, so I'm not 100% on that.
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    Congratulations! This must be very exciting for all of you.
  • lkraan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lkraan polycounter lvl 18
    Congrats! Must be cool to get your game work get pimped on tv. Doesn't really matter how good or bad the tv show is smile.gif

Is poker such a polular game amongst a young crowd in the US that MTV wants to jump on the bandwagon?
    That there is a console game made about cardgames doesn't suprise me since the only sport left to make a game about is probaly curling smile.gif

/me sneaks off to sign an exclusive publishing deal with the World Curling Federation blush.gif
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    There's a curling minigame in Warioware and one in Super Mario 64 DS.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh! beaten to it :P

That's quite sad, really.
  • Mishra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mishra polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    There's a curling minigame in Warioware and one in Super Mario 64 DS.

[/ QUOTE ]

i own both of the aforementioned games, i suck at the curling in both of them.
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    very cool,games looks good too,did you tape it when it was on tv to show the grandkids??
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    90+ textures in 2 months, ,*phew*.

ha!

Its a great feeling to see your stuff in a professional game for the first time. Ask Vass, I went on and on about it the first time. I love the TV exposure.