Home General Discussion

Get your abortion now

clangorous
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
clangorous polycounter lvl 18
Justice O'Connor is retiring from the Supreme Court, if you need an abortion, you better get it now.

Replies

• JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    yeah sad news frown.gif

the fight for the next justice will be hard and vicious
  • pogonip
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pogonip polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    yeah sad news frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

and appointed by Bush...there goes the country ...
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    There's still always the option of repeatedly punching yourself in the stomach, or "falling" down a flight of stairs. Of course, for the truly daring there's the good ol' coat hanger.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    yeah sad news frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

and appointed by Bush...there goes the country ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hopefully only until the next election. Then maybe we can start to undo some of the damage he/they have done. That won't save us from a Justice apointed by Bush, but at least there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Lets hope it's not a train =D

Looks like the canidates are starting to line up.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4642275.stm
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    im not exactly gushing over for the democrats,but if someone came up to me and asked me if i wanted a punch in the face or hot poker up the ass that punch is looking good, i think the battle over this justice will be make or break for the dems,they need to grow a backbone and cohones (in no particular order smile.gif ) if they fold things are gonna be even worse for them,seems the only person who isnt afraid to speak up is Howard Dean

the possibilities from this appointee honostly scares me
  • Mishra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mishra polycounter lvl 18
    in a surprise move, president bush nominates his mother.
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    im not exactly gushing over for the democrats,but if someone came up to me and asked me if i wanted a punch in the face or hot poker up the ass that punch is looking good

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif

agreed.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    in a surprise move, president bush nominates his mother.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cue the "yo momma" jokes...
  • Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Weiser_Cain polycounter lvl 18
    Now I finaly have a reason to go to canada.
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I actually have come to believe that abortion is an issue that the neo-cons have come to rely on to get the support from right-wing Christian Fundamentalists. As someone who has always considered himself to be pro-choice I hereby give in to the Right on this issue. I seriously doubt I will ever require the services of someone who performs abortions at any point in my life so I no longer care. So all you neo-cons can go ahead and outlaw abortion. In fact, I DARE you to do it.

What's that? No? You're not gonna outlaw abortion? Yea, I didn't think you had the guts to go through with it anyhow...

laugh.gif
  • Paul Jaquays
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Paul Jaquays polycounter lvl 18
    "The sky is falling, the sky is falling, whatever will we do?"

Here's to the President putting forward a constitutional constructionist who believes that the role of the Supreme Court of the United States of America is to interpret the Constitution as it was written, not use it to make laws or discover new rights not otherwise defined in the document or intended by the authors of it and its amendments.

Frankly, I can't imagine any human being wanting put himself or herself through the level of personal scrutiny, reputation trashing, and muck-raking innuendo to which Democratic senators will subject each candidate (knowing full well that few of that august bodies have unstained lives).
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    the problem is the president hasnt shown respect for the constitution,article VI clause 2 states that all treaties we are signatories to are the law of the land,bypassing the UN on Iraq and ingoring of the Geneva Conventions as a "quaint and antiquated" document is a violation of the constituion and an impeachable offense. If they violate our constituion so blatantly i have no cofidence in any suprme court nominees they send up there.
  • Sett
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sett polycounter lvl 18
    " ...not use it to make laws or discover new rights not otherwise defined in the document or intended by the authors of it and its amendments. "

The problem with that is society will change and you have to have laws that reflect that. If you don't then you get that 2nd amendment foolishness. Good idea then, bad idea now.
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Is everyone here a democrat?
    I personally like Bush. If you guys dislike him, that's perfectly fine with me - it's your right. But don't outright badmouth him here - it's completely unnecessary.
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    And why shouldn't we outright badmouth him? It's also our right to speak our minds if we dislike the guy (which I do, immensely). You stated your opinion on him openly, now let everyone else speak their opinion.
  • Sett
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sett polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Is everyone here a democrat?
    I personally like Bush. If you guys dislike him, that's perfectly fine with me - it's your right. But don't outright badmouth him here - it's completely unnecessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you haven't noticed that the Rep's modus operandi Attack the attacker and skirt the real issue.

-'Rove outed a CIA agent'
    -'SO! Clinton got a BJ!!!'
  • Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Weiser_Cain polycounter lvl 18
    I'm ok with you being a republican and I might even agree with you on some issues but I intensly dislike bush and the republican party. I can't even stand to listen to his voice, he called Kerry a liberal senator from massachusetts like it was some sort of indictment. I haven't liked a thing he's done since he got in office. He's screwed up and divided our country by trying to force his religion on the rest of us and if thats really how the other half of the country wants it to be I'm fine with the union falling apart. As far as I'm concerned Bush and his judicial nominees can go fuck themselves. How's that for bashing?
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    I'm not really a Republican, Cain. I'm down the middle, but I do side with Republicans on more issues than Democrats. I can spout all over here, about Kerry being a lier, and a rat, which he is. Or how Micheal Moore is a complete fabricator of shit, who LOVES putting words into other people's mouths. But have I ever done if before? No. It's pointless. It only ignites a political debate that can ever end, because each side thinks THEY are right.

I'm not trying to fight here. I completely agree with a lot of Democratic ideas. But I also agree with Republican ideas. To be honest, I don't feel that Bush OR Kerry deserved the Presidency. But of the two, I do like Bush a litte more.

Like I said, no fighting here. I 100% respect everyone's ideals. smile.gif
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    consider this a bush doctrine style pre-emptive strike on this thread. the battle lines have been drawn and it's only a matter of time before the soldiers get committed, so how about working on that model you were planning on pimping? smile.gif
This discussion has been closed.