Home General Discussion

what happened to Kevin Rose?

DeathTrip
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
DeathTrip polycounter lvl 18
I tuned into TSS the other day noticed that Kevin uber assclown P and some emo douche were hosting the show. So I checked it out the following days to see what was up and it was still Kevin P and that emo douche(and sometimes a chubby guy with grey hair).

So what happened? Did he quit or get booted by the G4 execs? The guy was really knowledgeable.

Replies

• KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    It's G4, they don't want competent people because someone knowing more than them scares their redneck fanbase.
  • Seyiji
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Seyiji polycounter lvl 19
  • Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    Well theres always re-runs on G4's online vids
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    Who the fuck is Kevin Rose and, more importantly, WHO THE FUCK CARES?!?!!??!!?
  • Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr polycounter lvl 18
    if kevin rose quit that leaves G4 with 3 Tech TV employees left? Sarah (Rose's girlfriend/fiancee/wife), and Adam and Morgan on X-Play. and they will probably be gone within 6months to a year mad.gif

our cable company removed G4 in the last week or so. i still don't know wheter to be sad about it or not. now how am i supposed to complain about their downward spiral of quality? frown.gif

might as well get my complaints out now:

*filter was going for a top 10 count down to 5minutes of countdown with 10minutes of product advertisement by some guy who abushes celebrities at non-tech events and ask them 'hey look in the camera and check this cool new gadget out for us.' i believe it was Kurt Angle who, after being ambushed at some event the WWE was at, asked the guy something along the lines of "Who the hell are you?"

*those freaking Westwood college commercials are the worst commercials i have ever seen. "are guys done yet?" "we're almost done with level 4. we just need to tighten up the graphics a little bit." "great!" "dude! and our parents said we'd never get anywhere playing games!" yep you're an idiot. one guy is pretending to play a PS2 game like a normal person while the other guy is trying to play using both analogue sticks. do they really get people to join using those commercials?

*Video Game Vixens... no that doesn't perpetuate the oversexualization of female characters in video games one bit... and what's this?! a large image of a DoA character in a bikini as your homepage?

*what the **** does drifting and drift racing have to do with games anyway? StreetFury looked to be one step away from have Snoop D-o-doubleg-doggy-izzle from hosting.

one positive note: the new girl they had hosting Cheat is very cute wink.gif

so by my score that is 100,000 to 1 against G4.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    our cable company removed G4 in the last week or so.

Ahahahahahaa! Getting more cable coverage was why G4 bought TechTV in first place, good to see the plan backfire.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    He's starting up his own online tech show with Dan Huard. It's at http://www.systm.org and he also has his own site http://www.kevinrose.com

I believe he's trying to recruit all the original crew from call 4 help.
  • sundance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sundance polycounter lvl 18
    can we have a pic of the cute chick from cheat please?
  • CheapAlert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CheapAlert polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Who the fuck is Kevin Rose and, more importantly, WHO THE FUCK CARES?!?!!??!!?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's the emo kid that sat in the back with Megan during the TSS days with leo, and since the merge he's the main focus (fuckus) of the show and it was all going downhill from here.

AS A BIG FAN OF LEO LAPORTE I FIND THIS WHOLE G4 MERGER UNACCEPTABLE IN THE UNIVERSE
  • Scott Ruggels
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scott Ruggels polycounter lvl 18
    Where's Leo now?

Scott
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    dead. G4 ordered a hit on him
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    I never like Leo all that much, he seemed like a huge goofball to me. He's like the tech version of Bob Saget. My favorite incarnation of The Screen Savers was with Patrick and Kevin. Patrick was great.
  • Dukester
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dukester polycounter lvl 18
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I agree with the Patrick/Kevin combo. I don't care that much for Kevin, but he likes to give out the more criminal stuff wink.gif

Leo is a good guy, but I didn't like watching him because he talked to all the callers like they were kids (which I realize some callers needed that)

For those interested, Leo is in Canada. I'm not positive on everything he's involved with, but I know part of it is an online radio show with Patrick.
  • drakino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    drakino polycounter lvl 18
    Kevin Rose is occasionally on the tWiT podcast as well, along with many of the other ScreenSavers cast. tWiT is why I started looking into podcasts, and there are quite a few good ones out there. iTunes 4.9 supports them now, among with Azerus supporting any torrent distributed podcast.

Keep in mind the name change from The ScreenSavers to Attack of teh Show was to help distance the new crap from the old name. It's hard to get good ratings when people expect the old show format.

I'm glad I got to see The ScreenSavers in person once before it fell apart. Kevin and Patrick were hosting it that day, as Leo was only in the studio to film his last days episode of Call for Help. This was right after E3 2004.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, I forgot about the Twit site. I haven't had a chance to check those out too much yet. I'd still prefer video wink.gif