Home General Discussion

The new Amazing Nvidia 7800..

-=Warhead=-
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
-=Warhead=- polycounter lvl 18
The newest and latest greatest technology in the Nvidia franchise is the
Nvidia 7800 GTX, Gt, or Standard. Read this page for the stats http://nvidia.com/page/specs_gf7800.html

Yes, It is equipped with SLI Technology. Can you imagine running 2 of these things with the new sli technology, Your practically running a Xbox 360.. Im not so sure of a PS3 haha..

Amazingly it prices around 550-600$

Can't wait to get one and test them out on the new battlefield game, the upcomming Unreal tournament 2007, Quake 4, Quake ET Wars.. Man i can't wait to get a challenge for these things haha.

Feedback required..

Would you recommend..
Yes or No

Replies

• Neo_God
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah it looks as if this will be the next graphics card I'll be buying. Though I'm sure I'll buy it once it's a bit cheaper.

The Open GL2 tech seems like a pretty nice touch though.
  • PaK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PaK polycounter lvl 18
    Support for textures that are not a power of two. Now my nazism asscociated with non-conventional assets is unfounded, next they'll get rid of the grid! Then what!?!

-R
  • Hollowmind
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hollowmind polycounter lvl 18
    I usually stick with ATI cards but I think I'll make an exception. I'm selling my soul for $1200. Any buyers? Who am I kidding, I have no soul to sell. But I will kidnap Soul and sell him to anybody for $1200.
  • nealb4me
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nealb4me polycounter lvl 18
    Hmm well pci express II is coming in 2007 some time, so if you want a GF9 you will need a new mobo again yay. I dunno, my 6600gt is pretty cool for the moment. I'll just hang back a bit as all systems will be running ddr3 aswell in 2006/2007. Somehow GF7 just feels like a spacer designed not to take too much wow from the ps3, until GF8 comes out and makes ps3 obsolete again :P
  • Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    I don't even want to think about High End Video cards, Just so damned expensive, I remeber shelling out +$500(CAN)for this ATI 9800 All in Wonder Pro...
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I usually stick with ATI cards but I think I'll make an exception. I'm selling my soul for $1200. Any buyers? Who am I kidding, I have no soul to sell. But I will kidnap Soul and sell him to anybody for $1200.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll do it for $1150!
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    I'll give you treefidy for him!
  • CheapAlert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CheapAlert polycounter lvl 18
    cool i can buy a 6800 now
  • Asherr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Asherr polycounter lvl 18
    aha! so that's why Battlefield 2 doesn't support GF4 Ti 4200s wink.gif
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    I'll stick with my GF6800. Wake me when they can render non-euclidean geometry.
  • Needles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Needles polycounter lvl 19
    Hah i just got a x800xl last night >.>. i plan on keeping that till its childen grow old and die. poly130.gif
  • rawkstar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rawkstar polycounter lvl 19
    hahah seriously my geforcefx5900 is holding up just fine with all the new games and I got it for like $200 back in the day when 5950 was the shit, its probably even cheaper now...

my biggest complaint with upgrading graphics is ... you have to upgrade like half of your pc just to do it, like if I want to get the 7800 I would have to get a new mobo and possibly a new processor and a power supply... not to mention SLI is expensive as fuck. I don't know if its really worth to spend all this money on an upgrade when new shit is just going to keep coming out continuously. I'm not a conservative type, but I just seriously don't see a point in "keeping up with the hardware" if the shit is just going to get outdated and ur gonna have to overhaul ur machine yet again I think my next big upgrade will come when unreal 3 comes out.
  • Slayerjerman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slayerjerman polycounter lvl 18
    Its a scam to asorb moneys from the "got to be the best and top of the line" type people.

I am very happy with my 6800GT and dual SLI is just a scam to sell everyone TWO video cards instead of just one. Very very cleaver marketing ploy indeed.

I'll just waiting for 64bit cpus to go down in price some more...;-/
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    "Your practically running a Xbox 360...
    Amazingly it prices around 550-600$ "
    So that would be 1200$ for an xbox360 equivalent?
    That shit better get cheaper real quickly, otherwise i see consoles taking over the market entirely.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    I'll just waiting for 64bit cpus to go down in price some more...;-/

They're 110 Euros nowadays. Don't expect them to go any lower, they just stop making 'em if they fall under 100.

Pea: I think an equivalent chip to the XB's was the same price when the XB was as far along.
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    Very true, the xbox was more expensive than the gf3 that was in it at the time. But then again Microsoft lost money on every console, and is expected to lose at least $75USD per 360 that's sold.

I'm sure as hell not going to pay 500 bucks for a card when I'll have to buy a new mobo to support PCI-e, and theres little support for PCI-e and socket478 so I'll have to get a LGA775 and new processor as well.

YIPEE!