http://rangerboard.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=1388&fullsize=1

how COOL is that?
it's at a liscencing show in new york, promoting the live-action TF movie

Replies

• KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    I suppose it does not move or transform?
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    I'm more interested in the poster seen in the background to the right - they're making the "His Dark Materials" trilogy into a movie!
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    Yes, this has been announced on the imdb database for a bit.

The director seems decent enough, (Michael Bay).

Look however at one of the writers:
    John Rogers (X) (Catwoman & The Core)
    with Roberto Orci (luckily Hercules the Legendary Journeys)

Either way, I don't think we will see the emotional attachment and character complexity we saw with the original Transformers movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0418279/
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    I thought Speilberg was signed on for Transformers.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    I think honestly a young director would be best as they would have some of the "80s" culture as part of their childhood. Thus they could make it as a fan, and see it done right. Mr. Bay still seems too old.
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spielberg is executive producer.

Bay still isnt 'officially signed'. They're re-working the script to present it to him again. He has to make a decision of TF or The Island 2.

Yes, John Rogers wrote the screenplay for Catwoman. He himself admitted to hating it. Even though, he helped Don Murphy write the first pass of the TF script. He's since left the project and two other writers have come aboard. not sure how much of his script is still there.

The movie is going to be a reboot of the entire Generation 1 universe, intended to be a trilogy. Familiar faces, different story.

Yes I'm a huge TF dork, and I keep up with the movie via allspark.com
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    I've always wondered what an executive producer does. Does it mean he gets to execute those who have Failed Him For The Last Time®?
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You are a little old to be trolling around on a power ranger board aren't ya? hehe but hey whatever floats yer boat =P

I have a perfect spot in my backyard for that! Maybe they will do something like target did with the giant lava lamp and give it away or auction it off? Looks like I need to step up my plans to get on the city council and make sure funds are available for important things such as this wink.gif

main_night.jpg
    Looks fake doesn't it? that is because it is, they haven't asslebled it yet.
  • SouL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SouL polycounter lvl 18
    Live......action?
    Dudes in cardboard?
    r_misc067.jpg
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    The director seems decent enough, (Michael Bay).

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh... I've never heard of "His Dark Materials," though, so I guess it doesn't make a difference.
  • Mishra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mishra polycounter lvl 18
    no, live action as in some real people and cgi mostly
  • sundance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sundance polycounter lvl 18
    hey, skanker, what's the latest on the GI Joe movie?

an exec producer's role varies from production to production, some (like vince mcmahon who's an EP on the rock's movies) are only involved because of the actors being their clients some are invloved because they created the original property (CF stan lee is an EP for the spidey, X-men, hulk and daredevil movies.) others are involved through working for a company who owns characters, like avi arad is an EP on the above marvel flicks, plus elektra, the blade trilogy and punisher, because he's basically there as marvel's quality control.
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ QUOTE ]
    You are a little old to be trolling around on a power ranger board aren't ya? hehe but hey whatever floats yer boat =p

[/ QUOTE ]

considering the brand is 21 years old, I'm about average age for the people that post there.

sundace: Haven't heard anything new on the GIJoe movie. I try not to hang out at the gijoe boards even though I loved the line more than transformers as a kid. Transformers (toys) has been able to transition well with time, while gijoe (toys) hasn't.