Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Expand your pimping/previewing

[MnM]DevilVT
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
[MnM]DevilVT polycounter lvl 18
Well this is not made to try to compete with polycount just in case anyone thinks so. But anyway I'm running a site called Mod N Mod ( http://www.modnmod.com/ ) and we just got a new feature there where people can submit stuff like models/maps/more. So yea just wanted to let everyone know and ask if people would be willing to help us out since it's a new feature it's pretty much empty. We need to fill the place up with submissions, it's also another way of showing off your work. You can submit stuff once you register, and registration is free.

Replies

• S51
    Offline / Send Message
    S51 polycounter lvl 18
  • Weiser_Cain
    Offline / Send Message
    Weiser_Cain polycounter lvl 18
    Pimp your competing site.
  • Michael Knubben
    Give the guy a break, guys. Whereas it's a bit dodgy, i'm not entirely certain it's really competition for us. There are loads of these out there allready, and i'm just surprised they didn't download polycounts' models and repack them for their own website (never failing to take out the readme, ofcourse!)
    So yeah, live and let live. It *IS* the request-forum, after all.
  • [MnM]DevilVT
    Offline / Send Message
    It's just a way to get a few more things up on our site. Our site is not mainly focused on stuff such as polycounts we're more into the reviews/interviews/news section of modding. Plus of course we're not gonna download stuff. We want people to submit their own things.
  • cholden
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18

Hi [MnM]DevilVT,
    I'm a professional game developer that enjoys creating game art for fun, but am not really involved in any mods. How can your site help me?
  • [MnM]DevilVT
    Offline / Send Message
    Well msg me on msn at i_joker_@hotmail.com or icq 70747501 and we'll talk.
  • KDR_11k
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    I think he wanted to ask that representative for the majority of Polycount's users.
  • cholden
    Offline / Send Message
    That's right KDR.

[MnM]DevilVT, I'm asking the type of question you should have already prepared response to, and I'm looking for that response here. If you're going to be the representative of a new web site, please expand your PR skills beyond posting a hotmail account.

You see, based on what you say and the looks of your site, you're just a parasite trying to leech artist's content to bring people to you site. That may be fine and dandy for you, but it's bad for the artist. Polycount is a site based on community. Here, artists can post, discuss game art, make contacts, find jobs, have all the fun that comes with it and expand as artists. This is what takes Polycount past me just uploading art to my own web site for people to look at. What do you offer artists and mod authors beyond showcasing their art on another web site?
  • sllik
    Offline / Send Message
    sllik polycounter lvl 18
    The real question is not "How can your site help me?" but "How can I help the site?"
  • Prs-Phil
    Offline / Send Message
    Prs-Phil polycounter lvl 18
    ??? uhm no that is not the question. If you want to make that question a valid question you have to ask first awnser the artist (a bit like cholden asked) "Why should I help the site ?"

As cholden explained the philosophy of polycount (wich is actually more of a self carrieng one if you ask me) gives the artist the motivation to feel home on the boards and be part of the community.

I don't go running by a guy on the road who is selling foul apples and ask myself "How can I help the guy ?"
    If he by some magical trick can convince me that his foul apples are actually really good I will ask myself "How can I help the guy ?"

So go ahead and convince us that your apples are not foul.
  • CheapAlert
    Offline / Send Message
    CheapAlert polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    The real question is not "How can your site help me?" but "How can I help the site?"

[/ QUOTE ]

"Expand your pimping/previewing"

No, it's the former.
  • KDR_11k
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    I think it was meant as an attack on the site saying the site needs us more than we need it. If you haven't noticed, Sllik isn't the thread starter.
  • cholden
    Offline / Send Message
    I commend sllik for registering JUST to post a JFK joke.