Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    'you guys can't do this to me right now'

WTF? What a wank.
  • Scott Ruggels
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scott Ruggels polycounter lvl 18
    LOL! That's great. that is perfect "shock" right there.

Scott
  • Michael Knubben
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Perfect?
    I think it's sad that people need to see other people portrayed like this. Whereas it is undeniable wrong to get a 13 y/o into it, there is nothing wrong with deviating from "the norm" when it comes to sex.
    "We'll show you another face tommorow" eh?
    This guy enjoyed being hurt, but too many people enjoy seeing other people hurt.

I just hate the way they portrayed it on tv, making sure to pay special attention to the "shocking" details.

I'm going to regret posting this, because i'll be blamed for turning one of the few harmless, funny threads in GD into a discussion, but right now i can't really be bothered with that.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    I agree with mighty pea. Actually its something I would expect from a Fox affiliate making "news". Hey, how, lets make fun and degrade others in the excuse of "serious" journalism.

And face it, A: He was pretty young himself. Its funny how we get older and age differences aren't that great, but if you become 18, then suddenly having sex with your 17 year old girlfriend is technically pedofiliasm. B: He wanted them to hurt him. Not have intercourse with him.

Also no mention was made how the boy made contact with the "supposed" 13 years olds. What type of chatroom was it? One made for teens? One for yahoo people? Or one (which would have shown that he was after younger partners) made for younger people.

[ QUOTE ]
    This guy enjoyed being hurt, but too many people enjoy seeing other people hurt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a very true observation pea.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Makes you wonder what kind of "bait" they where using... What where they saying to the guy to "get a good laugh and ratings". I still think the guy is a freak and needs help, but really its a TV news show.

- hotpain4u13: I have a case of the rage BAD!
    - hotpain4u13: I have to hurt someone. Can we kick you in the ribs Duba$$69?
    - Dumba$$69: Yes please kick me in the ribs if it will help you feel better
    - hotpain4u13: I think painzor is teh sex, i am slutty goth chick could I punch you in face and drink your nose blood?
    - Dumba$$69: yeah I guess?
    - hotpain4u13: say it! Say "I want you to hit me in the face and have you drink my nose blood!" SAY IT NOW!!!
    - hotpain4u13: SAY IT!
    - Dumba$$69: yeah I guess?
    - hotpain4u13: SAY IT!
    - hotpain4u13:SAY IT!
    - Dumba$$69: ok ok hit me in the face and drink my... nose blood...
    - Dumba$$69: I'm getting paid for this right?
    - Dumba$$69: or just getting sex, either is fine with me
    - Dumba$$69: but one will keep me in burritos and books
    - Dumba$$69: and sex well its just long over due.
    - hotpain4u13: oh jesus the ratings are going to be thru the roof
    - Dumba$$69: wha?
    - hotpain4u13: umm err nm that was ment for my slutty goth friend who wants shove a chop stick in your ear.
    - hotpain4u13: we where talking about desperate housewives... yeah...
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    Claims my browser is incompatible. Anyone got a link to the video?
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I had to turn cookies on to watch it. I am using firefox.
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    I suppose I'd also have to enable plugins but embedded WMP crashes my browser so I won't try that.
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    it looked staged to me.

How could he not tell the ladies voice was not that of a 13 year old? Her voice wasn't exactly 'smooth'.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    I don't feel sympathy for a 20 year old wanting to get sexual gratification from two 13 year olds. What if he really met up with a young girl instead of the sting operation, would we be reading about another child abduction today?
  • MisterCline
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MisterCline polycounter lvl 18
  • Mishra
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mishra polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    I don't feel sympathy for a 20 year old wanting to get sexual gratification from two 13 year olds. What if he really met up with a young girl instead of the sting operation, would we be reading about another child abduction today?

[/ QUOTE ]

absolutely not since he'd have a hard time kidnapping girls who could beat him up
  • RageUnleashed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RageUnleashed polycounter lvl 18
    Perfection. I have nothing against S&M, an 18 year old goin for a 13 year old is extremely wrong, glad he was shown on TV.
  • KeyserSoze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeyserSoze polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Makes you wonder what kind of "bait" they where using... What where they saying to the guy to "get a good laugh and ratings". I still think the guy is a freak and needs help, but really its a TV news show.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if you go to the site (perverted-justice.com) and read a few chat-logs, they usually don't bait them much at all. Usually they hang out in Yahoo or AOL teen chat rooms, and just wait until someone PMs them. They also never initiate any of the sexual discussion.

It's pretty fucked how they get as much info as possible and post it on their site (phone numbers, and sometimes even addresses), but most of the people on the site probably don't deserve much sympathy for trying to victimize 13-14 year old girls and boys.

On the other hand, there are the cases where a 19-year-old is trying to pick up a 14-year-old and the 19-year-old is demonized because of it. Of course it's illegal in the US for a 19-year-old to have a sexual relationship with a 14-year-old, but most cultures wouldn't see it as something that is "wrong" (it depends on the situation).
  • Mojo2k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mojo2k polycounter lvl 18
    "According to Oregon law, Tyler's form of sexual pleasure with two young girls is harmful amd against the law."

amd? can't fox aford proofreaders?
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    I think it would have been better if they did it, and just didnt say his name and blurred out his face/car.

They just needed to knock him to his senses, not ruin his life.

He's young and naive as well, and since they showed no logs/evidence of how they baited him, you know they warped the story just to make it more shocking for better ratings.