Home General Discussion

10 year Highschool reunion

PaK
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
PaK polycounter lvl 18
All the cool kids who used to make fun of me and beat me up are selling couches or insurance.

Revenge is sweet wink.gif

-R

Replies

• Mojo2k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mojo2k polycounter lvl 18
    yeah thats the only reasoin i regret never finishing high school, cause i know the reunion would be sweet 90% of the people i would have graduated with still live in that hellhole town and work at a sawmill or as prison guards
  • John Warner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    John Warner polycounter lvl 18
    NIIIIIICCEEEE dude that's what ALWAYS happens. (so i hear anyway)

i can't wait for mine.

i'm still a young guy, but when i go back to my home town, all it takes is a quick visit to the club on friday night to see all the losers from highschool trying to re-create the glory days. how absolutely marvelous.
  • RageUnleashed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RageUnleashed polycounter lvl 18
    Success is the best revenge. Good to hear PaK
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    Wanting revenge in itself isnt mentally healthy. Still.. its sweet for those few moments.
  • Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Weiser_Cain polycounter lvl 18
    Most of the people I didn't like are dead, guess I went to a diffrent sort of highschool though...
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    What's weird is all the sexual crap that inevitably goes down. Seems at the drop of a hat people revert back to the hormonal state they were in back then.
  • Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Weiser_Cain polycounter lvl 18
    Back then? Revert?
  • sledgy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sledgy polycounter lvl 18
    Dude, retributive instinct is innate. Relish it. It's allllll natural.
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Unfortunately I saw mostly infidelity going on. Natural, yes. A good thing, no. One guy that was hitting on my wife was due to be at his son's first communion the next day. I'm not mad, just sorry for the guy.

But hey, most of it was a blast. Just a little surprising how people fell back into the cliques.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    I don't think I'd bother going to one... pretty much all the people I want to remain in contact with, I have ... then again, I've only been out of high school for just over 2 years...
  • bearkub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bearkub polycounter lvl 18
    Yah, I skipped my 10 year HS reunion mainly because the people I wanted to see I still keep in contact with. Spending a night listening to people I cared less about when I was with them every day babble on about their new kids and life is just something that does nothing for me. It's not meant with any malice or ill intent, it's just a matter of I didn't care what they did in high school, why do I care what they are up to now?

And people that shagged in high school were shagging again at the reunion? Duuuuuuuuude, time to find some new tricks. XD
  • rawkstar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rawkstar polycounter lvl 18
    been out of HS for 2 years, and I'm pretty sure that i will never see anyone I went to HS with ever again... unless I actually go back to my HS or one of those reunion things, where only the really lame ass "kids" will come and remember the days when everyone made fun of them and what great heights they have achieved now, or ofcourse talk about their new families and kids its always either one or the other... give me a fucking break, I never liked anyone in my HS except for this one really hot blonde german chick... thats about the only person I'd like to talk to now.
  • Irritant
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Irritant polycounter lvl 18
    I just went to my 20th reunion this year. It was surreal and weird.
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    i'm along the same lines as kub.. couldnt care less about 99% of my high school class, and the 1% i do care about i'm still in constant contact with.. a grade school reunion would be cooler as far as i'm concerned... a class of about 70, and i could still probably remember about half their names, even though i haven't seen a good chunk of them in nearly 10 years. lotta cool people i kinda wish i was still in contact with frown.gif
  • Nerd Groupie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nerd Groupie polycounter lvl 18
    I was dragged to the boyfriend's a few weeks ago. I, naturally, was bored out of my skull until about halfway through the bottle of Captain.
  • jzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jzero polycounter lvl 18
    I went to my five-year reunion, and discovered that my suburban high school class was so freaking large that I literally knew no one who attended. My 20th is coming up this fall... but it's put on by one of those pre-fab party companies, so it'll probably cost $200 to attend...

It would be fun to go, and get hit on. But since no girls were after me back then anyway, it wouldn't happen. My wife likes it that way. laugh.gif

/jzero
  • Hollowmind
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hollowmind polycounter lvl 18
    Ack, I think I missed my 10yr reunion. Oh well. I know it was this month sometime.
  • PaK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PaK polycounter lvl 18
    Amanda was really (is really) hot, and when i was 13 she said to my face "Ross Patel is such a loser" I was pretty crushed as a teen. Now she's all cool with me. I guess I only can overlook it cuz she's really pretty, which doesn't say much for my own chaarcter I guess *hah*

Anyways, this guy in montreal named stfan is now this couch salesmen at The brick. When I was working there last year I had him show me every bloody couch in the place and didnt buy any, he didnt even recognise me. I figuired 3 years of slamming me into lockers and stealing my walkman was worth 45 mins of his saturday commission...a lil' vindictive I guess, amazing how nostalgia brings out the lil shithead kid in me LOL, eric I agree totally.

-R
  • Slayerjerman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slayerjerman polycounter lvl 18
    Reunions are just some sort of ego show n tell for the most part. Look at my wife, look at this, look at that. As if you need some sort of acknowledgement or acceptance of your deeds as an individual.

I'd attend my 10yr just to make fun of people and maybe start some shit with the ones i hated. But thats because Im shallow and a heartless bastard wink.gif

They can all stand in line to kiss my ass. oh yeah.
  • John Warner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    John Warner polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    When I was working there last year I had him show me every bloody couch in the place and didnt buy any, he didnt even recognise me.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL oh fuck i love it. that's just plain awesome

man, i'm so lucky. i didn't put up with any of that bullshit in my highschool, everyone was pretty mellow. there weren't really any bullies. well.. one or two, but nothing really seirous i guess. of course, i was (and am) like 6'2" so..
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    I likely wouldn't go, fo like Mop and Bear I'm in contact with the people I like. I didn't care about the others then, and I don't care about them now. Some of them might have jobs that I wouldn't, but perhaps they are happy.

Aileen and I dcided a long time ago that if I ever did have to go to one, I'd hire 2 hookers and go as a pimp. They'd be my bitches. Yo.
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Aileen and I dcided a long time ago that if I ever did have to go to one, I'd hire 2 hookers and go as a pimp. They'd be my bitches. Yo.

[/ QUOTE ]
    ... and would you call yo'self Stirling Silver?
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I went to my wifes 10 year and we got enough of a taste to know we are not the kind of people who like reuions so we skipped mine which was the next week. It was full of people being fake successful, because everyone wants to be the guy/gal that returns as king/queen of the universe. I saw the parking lot there where not enough lexus to go around.

Toward the end of the night I started telling people my job was to feed the otters at the Seattle Aquarium. It was worth it to see the look on thier faces after they realized the hand they just shook was wrist deep in fish (or so they thought). "Gloves? No otters won't eat the food if rubber or plastic have touched it. Which reminds me I should really go wash my hands... again..."
    I wish I had started the night off with that, it might have saved it from being a total let down.
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Anyways, this guy in montreal named stfan is now this couch salesmen at The brick. When I was working there last year I had him show me every bloody couch in the place and didnt buy any, he didnt even recognise me

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet he did recognise you, Ross and that he was too embarassed to acknowledge it.

I'll never go back for a high school reunion in the shitty little town I grew up in. I'm only in contact with one of my friends that I grew up with and he has no desire to ever go back either.

I pretty much know how everyone's lives turned out anyhow: Go to college at Oregon State University for a 4 year degree in agriculture (yes, agriculture) then move back to town, get married, squeeze out a few puppies and wait for dad to keel over to inherit the family farm.
  • JDinges
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JDinges polycounter lvl 18
    My 5 year is comming up real soon, I'm looking forward to it. Alot of old friends that I haven't seen or spoken to in those 5 years. I still try and stop by at my HS once in awhile to say hi to my old coaches.
  • Scott Ruggels
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scott Ruggels polycounter lvl 18
    I don't have to look forward to one until the 25th in 2007, and by then I hope to have a nice car.

Scott
  • Dukester
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dukester polycounter lvl 18
    I missed my twentieth in 2000
    I actually considered going, but i just forgot about it.
  • sledgy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sledgy polycounter lvl 18
  • Dukester
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dukester polycounter lvl 18
    dayum laugh.gif
    I stepped right into that one!
  • RageUnleashed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RageUnleashed polycounter lvl 18
    So there IS a 5th year reunion? Well I guess I have one in 07...don't know if I will care to go, or even live in the same state.