Home Technical Talk

with your wacom intuos..

mod
Offline / Send Message
rooster mod
..did you get a kind of rubber ridge with self adhesive backing? Ive been wondering what it does for a while now, I don't know where its supposed to stick. is it a (rather thin) hand rest, or something to stop you accidentally pressing the built in buttons at the top?

Replies

• cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    I never used mine, but I've seen it used whe the tablet is on a angled surface, like a drawing table, it can be stuck on that to keep the tablet and/or the stylus from rolling off. I'm sure it has other wonderful uses.
  • Whargoul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Whargoul polycounter lvl 18
    I think it goes on the back to tilt it a bit. At least mine had a slight inset the exact shape of the rubber thing, so I stuck it there.
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Haha, Rooster, I've been wondering the exact same thing - my rubber strip is still in the box!
    I think Whargoul has discovered the real intention of it, though. My Intuos doubles as a mouse pad, though, so I think I'll just leave the strip off.
  • jzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jzero polycounter lvl 18
    If you'll look at the bottom of your tablet -- that's the side you don't draw on wink.gif -- you'll see an outlined patch that just fits the rubber strip. Keeps the slippery plastic tablet from sliding around on the table. Duh!

/jzero
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    aha, but mine already has little oval pads on it that keep the slippery plastic tablet from sliding around on the table. Im also thinking its to tilt it, cheers :]
  • Tulkamir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tulkamir polycounter lvl 18
    Oh wow, I'd been wondering that for a hell of a long time. Haha, can't believe I'd never noticed that. Thanks for askin that rooster, and thanks for answering to everyone else. laugh.gif

Now... if only I knew what became of the thing.
  • jitspoe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jitspoe polycounter lvl 18
    I don't recall getting one with mine, but that was so long ago... I do seem to have a kind of long, smooth, oval-shaped indent on the back, though, so maybe it did come with one. *shrug*
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    While we're on the topic of superfluous graphic tablet accessories, has anyone ever removed that cubic mouse from its protective cardboard box? For a piece of hardware that is otherwise a rather lovely, ergonomic design, that cheese block is just... ridiculous. A nice digital scroll whell perhaps but thats about it.
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    haha I hate the way it feels when you slide it across the tablet, the shape is horrible and I don't like the buttons. As you say the scroll wheel is the only redeeming feature about it, such a shame. Do wacom sell a good version that they hope you'll upgrade to??
  • thomasp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    mouse? you mean the puck, that strange thingie with a carpet surface glued to it's bottom? best use is probably to spray the carpet with cleaning fluids and then rub the tablet surface clean with it once in a while wink.gif
  • MacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MacD polycounter lvl 18
    Whilst on the topic of stuff to do with your tablet...am I the only one who's copied a trick more commenly used on palmpilots, to whit: applying scotch-tape to get a more pen&paper feel when drawing on the tablet?
    Took me while to find a sheet of the stuff which would cover the surface in one go instead of using strips of actual scotch tape smile.gif
  • MoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MoP polycounter lvl 18
    Heh, I've taped a piece of paper over the top from time to time, to see what it was like ... I kinda like the smoothness of the standard surface though.