Home General Discussion

How comcast tried to fuck me and the tables turned

Slayerjerman
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Slayerjerman polycounter lvl 18
Ok so I just moved. As such had to get new web service.

So I called and cancelled the old location (house) and placed an order for new service. (apt)...
Of course they try to rape me for $99.95 install fee +, $39.99/mo + $15/mo for limited tv + $22 per outlet install.

Fuck that. But needed it anyway.

Well we wait around for 4 hours sunday...no tech. WTF we thought. Called them up and apparently our work order got lost??? Ok, fine..new appointment then 2pm-6pm wends. I ask for a 30min call ahead. Wendsday rolls around at 1:50pm the tech calls me and says he'll be there in 10 mins. Now i tell him i need atleast 25mins to get there, meet him there (apt in my mind)...

Turns out they swapped the addresses on the disconnect and reconnect. The tech was at the house installing, not at the apartment...I didnt figure this out until about 3pm wends.

So I call them back up, tell them their tech is at the wrong damn address and send him up here to the apartment. Pronto. No luck.

So they schedule a 3rd install for for thrusday 8am~noon. I skip out on work that morning, the fucker doesnt show til 11:15am, takes all of 5 mins to "hook up the cable" and hand me my damn modem. The fuck was in such a rush he only hooked up one outlet. Fag, thanks now i gotta run cables all over the living room to the bedroom. Which sucks dick.

Anyway, so they are coming back out for a 4th time to activate the 2nd outlet.

And because of their fuckups, I got out of paying $99.95+$22 for the installs and get 2 months free tv and internet and only have to pay $29.99 for web after that.

Fuck you comcast I will gladly fuck you from behind with no reach-around. confused.gif

Replies

• oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
  • KDR_11k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KDR_11k polycounter lvl 18
    Those charges are ridiculous. And I thought the Telekom* was already overpriced.

*I won't call them T-Com no matter how much they want to sound like some american dotcom company.
  • sonic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sonic polycounter lvl 18
    Haha, that always seems to happen with the bigger web companies. When I had Roadrunner back in the day, it was the same thing, no-shows, shitty service, all that. It sort of made up for it when I got 6 months free wink.gif.
  • iMag
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    iMag polycounter lvl 18
    just hope you don't get bandwidth limitations like Telus in BC. they're limiting to 10 gigs a month in combined upload and download.
  • Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Weiser_Cain polycounter lvl 18
    I moved and they were supposed to transfer my name along with the account. when I got there my old modem didn't work anymore they gave me a new one, cool it looks better anyway. This modem also doesn't work. Both wanted me to d/l and run some software, fuck that my compy is fine, this is not my problem(I am NOT drinking any fucking Merlot!), I dont need the fucking cookies! So I call up comcast and it turns out that when they upped the speed limit they were supposed to push a file out to the modem or it wouldn't work. Now my first modem was old enough to not be seen(I assume this was because it was in the system before comcast took over from at&t and they were too bust raping and killing techtv) but you'd think when giving me a new modem they'd make sure it worked in the system. SO I call and get my modem up and going, took all of thirty mins, no problem, but, for some odd reason my emails accounts didn't make the jump and had to be tracked down. But it ended and everything works as far as I can see... It's better than the cable service.
  • Jinxter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jinxter polycounter lvl 18
    yeah...that is a good ending to a shitty experience...

Comcast does suck ass...down here in Monterey, have had shitty experiences as well. Wish there were a good alternative to Cumcast down here, but there isn't.
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    welcome to th world of comcast. here in the bay area we get constant disconnections, shitty speeds when people come home from work, and ridiculous prices.. about the only reason we havent switched to someone else is cause my parents dont want to put up with the headache for the time being.
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    Im in the Bay area and have never had any problems with Comcast. It's always working and it's always fast for me.
  • Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It varies by area in my experience, ondemand barely worked at the last place now it's great.
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Im in the Bay area and have never had any problems with Comcast. It's always working and it's always fast for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just went to use 'On Demand' to see what movies are on and it said 'error retrieving data. Please contact your provider'

BAHAHA I just pwned myself.
  • Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Your box may be fucked, I had this problem.
  • Badge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Badge polycounter lvl 18
    i believe i know how to fix that daz. I had the same prob on mine, my roomate said he just reset the box and it worked fine right after.

so reset it, remove the card, or bash it gently. cuz fuck those tech bastards. left hand doesnt know who the right hand is jerking off.
  • sledgy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sledgy polycounter lvl 18
    Comcast was really good around here (CO) for about the first year and now I get service interruptions all the time...it's a real drag when gaming which is why I got the high speed service in the first place :\
  • Weiser_Cain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You can also just take the fucked box in and have it swapped out with a new one, or if you've got all day call for a tech to come out with a replacement.
  • frosty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    frosty polycounter lvl 18
    Slayer sounds like my adventures with Dish network, now cos of their screws ups I get 10 off a month for a year and six months of skinemax, skinemax low quality, high pron movies, who needs them?
  • Slayerjerman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slayerjerman polycounter lvl 18
    Ohhh yeah, they suck. What was the worst part was having to install their bullshit, browser hijacking software JUST to activate and connect. Totally pointless and pissed me off to no end. I totally uninstalled that shit after I finished connecting and activating with it.

grrr