Home General Discussion

E3 quick wrap up

Dane
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Dane polycounter lvl 18
blush.gif - Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who showed up at e3 and made the experience more enjoyable. It was a great to finally meet the people I talk to almost every day. A special thanks to Rouge for being so damned nice and informative. Hope you all had fun :P Gauss IS that good looking

Replies

• eXpendabLe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eXpendabLe polycounter lvl 18
    E3 was a good time although I don't remember it being this crowded in the past shows. I was most impressed with Epic's Gears of War preview in the Xbox360 Theater and the console itself. Battlefield 2 looks ace and there were many other titles I'll be picking up upon release.

Dane, sorry I missed you and most of the other polycounters.. I didnt have anyones cell other than III_Demon's. I breifly ran into Narusol, Rockstar, Poop, TheBird, Monster, DH and crashed R13's diner with Cancel, Cricket and others but didnt have a chance to really spend any time with any of you which I would have liked to.

Overall, I had a good time.

Here's a shot of TheBird, Monster and DH playing Battlefield 2 at the games for windows booth:

polycounters.JPG
  • SouL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SouL polycounter lvl 18
    Here's the link to my E3 pics:
    www.planetquake.com/polycount/cottages/souldesigns/e3_pics/

dsc02312.jpg
    Bestest image. Ever.

It was a lot of fun meeting up with a lot of you. Good times! Good times! It was nice to finally be able to put a face to people's aliases.
  • Vark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vark polycounter lvl 18
    Hey, just figured I'd actually post on the board for once since I keep hanging out with ya'll at cons. (tall overweight dude in the Bethsoft T-shirt). I've been lurking here on and off for a while but haven't really posted, so I figured I'd be all proactive and crap.

So yea, see ya'll next year wink.gif
  • JDinges
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JDinges polycounter lvl 18
    yo frank, I still owe you a beer from gdc

good to see you be all proactive and crap smile.gif
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    W00T, finally you are here Vark. You gotta post art and stuff, and keep us up to date with oblivion and Fallout. 8-)
  • Vark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vark polycounter lvl 18
    What is this 'Fallout' of which you speak.
  • rawkstar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rawkstar polycounter lvl 19
    MUST HAVE FALLOUT!!!!

I loved it how the only thing about fallout was a little poster at the bethesda booth...

but yeah umm, it was fun hanging out with some of you guys. We should definitely have a much more organized get together at some point, qcon or next e3 or something.

GIMME FALLOUT bizn09tcheszzzzz~!~!!!!!! NOW~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Paul Jaquays
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Paul Jaquays polycounter lvl 18
    I was usually so wiped out by the end of my work shifts that I just headed back to the hotel every day. The heat didn't help. I never saw the Ryl girls from quite that point of view. smile.gif
  • Daz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daz polycounter lvl 18
    I was underwhelmed by the show and bummed I didn't get to hang out with the polycount crew. I was staying with some close old friends in Santa Monica, so it would have been a bit tricky not really spending any time with them If I was crashing at their place.

Ups
    The ( as always ) Nintendo girls.
    Battlefield2! Damn, this game is awesome. Must have it soon.
    DESTROY ALL HUMANS. Much much fun, and technically very impressive for PS2.
    Gears Of War

Downs
    People asking me If Id seen the incredible Killzone2 footage. Im still furious that Sony haven't had to publically come clean yet, even though everyone knows the truth.
    The hilariously bad cheezy Microsoft behind closed doors Xbox 360 presentation.
    Xbox 360 games in general. I didn't see at all where the extra hardware was being utilized. Need For Speed next gen didn't look much better then NFS current gen to me, except for the fact that the framerate was worse! 'Kameo' was the exception to the rule ( as was gears of war of course ).
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Unfortuneatly, no one called me, either. I was there all day Thursday, hoping to run into some of you. There's always next year though.

Daz - I share your feelings about E3 as well. There were no real "hits" to check out this year, unlike Halo 2 and Halflife 2 last year. GoW and Kameo WERE pretty damn impressive, especially considering they are running on underpowered beta kits.

I was a bit sad to not see any playable PS3 content though.

On the plus side, I was up-close on TV for a while, during one of G4's Live shows wink.gif

All in all it was still a good event.
  • pogonip
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pogonip polycounter lvl 18
    Im thinking E3 next year will be much better ...maybe . Im suprised none of you mentioned Zelda now that game looks awesome ! Did you get to play Soul Calibure 3 ? I thought the playstation 3 was awesome in general and it'll be an awesome consol to own...as well as the xbox 360 . Man the PC landscape was really barren this year :-( Then again im pretty sure this year we'll find out what ID's new game is and also maybe they will announce Diablo 3 ..hopefully the PC prospects get brighter frown.gif
  • poopinmymouth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopinmymouth polycounter lvl 19
    Actually the games for windows booth was one of my favorate areas. Age of Empires 3 is gonna be hardcore awesome, and was easily one of the best looking games of the show. The game of the show for me was Okami, which I hope sees a psp release as well, as it very easily could work on it.

Sorry I didn't call you vassago, my phone got lost. 8-(

Here are my pictures http://www.poopinmymouth.com/net/pics/e3_05/index.htm

LA0503.jpg
    LA0507.jpg
    My favorates. Thanks to Tagheuer for taking these two.
  • Pseudo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pseudo polycounter lvl 18
    Sorry I missed you all this year. Tag wouldn't answer his phone smile.gif

There weren't a whole lot of games that I was really looking forward to at e3, and the only thing that I was really interested in (The Xbox 360) didn't have a very strong showing of games.

As is usually the case, the company parties alone were worth the trip downtown (I didn't feel so bad about getting ripped off on parking costs after all the free food and alcohol I ingested)

Daz - I wish I would have known you were staying in Santa Monica. I am living in Santa Monica now and it would have been great to meet up with you this past weekend.
  • drakino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    drakino polycounter lvl 18
    This is probably a "who the hell is that guy" post.

Anyhow, I wanted to say thanks to r13 for hooking me up with the rest of you that were there wednesday night. I had a great time at that place we went for drinks, enough to not remember exactly where it was, but still managed to stumble back to my hotel downtown.

For those that were there, I was the guy who called himself Tom. I knew I hadn't posted here yet, so my board name wouldn't have helped :-)

E3 impressions, well, MS and Sony did a great job of spouting a lot of tech numbers and not showing much. Show me some decent games to convince me of the new consoles, and not "our memory bus can do 800 gajillion bits per second".

And yeah, it felt crowded this year more so then normal. Hopefully people will realise the really cool stuff is only behind closed doors next year and let the show floor thin out a bit again. This was my 6th one, and with the visit to Six Flags, the More Friends concert, and the drinking felt much more like a proper vacation should.
  • gauss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gauss polycounter lvl 18
    [ QUOTE ]
    Gauss IS that good looking

[/ QUOTE ]
    dsc02542.jpg

as if there was any doubt laugh.gif

but believe it or not, Dane is actually not as huge of a tool as he seems online. smile.gif
  • DH_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DH_ polycounter lvl 18
    http://www.horribledeath.com/images/e3/ heres some pics from me

IMG_0351.jpg

good times to all I met up with!
  • dur23
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dur23 polycounter lvl 19
    SouL: I must have been standing directly next to you......
    IMG_4802.jpg
  • Brown_V
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brown_V polycounter lvl 18
    Well crap I had better post some pics too smile.gif
    e3pics
  • Thegodzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thegodzero polycounter lvl 18
    DH, i stayed at that hotel last year, their mini fridges are crazy. If you touch something inside you just bought it.
  • Scott Ruggels
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scott Ruggels polycounter lvl 18
    Damn.. I mised everyone. Sorry guys.
    So here are my E3 Reports in detail if anyone is interested:
    http://www.livejournal.com/users/ruggels/334760.html#cutid1
    http://www.livejournal.com/users/ruggels/334983.html With photos.

Scott
  • AstroZombie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AstroZombie polycounter lvl 18
    Damn Scott, we were catching the subway at the same spot to get to the show too. We must have been staying fairly close by.

Kinda disappointed that I didn't get to meet up with more of you. Guess there's next year ...
  • SouL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SouL polycounter lvl 18
    dur:
    HAHAHAHAHA that's awesome. You probably were directly next to me or on the other side of the girls.
    Er wait... I don't remember KOEI being in the PC Hall. I shot my photo near the Capcom/Nokia/Xbox booths.
  • monster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    monster polycounter
    YAY, E3 was fun, although extremely tiring. I hung out with SouL and Cricket for a good part of the 18th. Good times.

It's nice working for MS. I think I only spent about $12, of DH's money, the whole trip.